Sponsored

California bans sale of gas engines by 2035 [*** ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS. TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY ***]

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think they'll still allow train, bus and airplanes to venture across their borders?? What will the Hollywood elites do with their collections? Jay Leno will be moving for sure lol.
Sponsored

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

in 2035, sales in bordering states will skyrocket.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shoot, this could be interesting even with an ICE vehicle doing the towing. Could we tow in the future without a MPG hit?
Did you see the video!!! You can park the trailer with an app!!! Truly revolutionary for the small garaged! I love your thought on ICE mileage booster too! Life is amazing when you sit back and admire what we can do!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just wait until all the used car prices skyrocket because a majority of the voters can't afford new cars.

Everyone wants a raise until they realize their BigMac now cost $20

Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something will happen to turn it around. And have to disagree with the previous comment regarding the capitalist business system coming up with solutions. Not in CA, and I live here. Democrats have such a strangle hold on state politics that science and reason don't enter into the laws that they pass. And yes, this subject is political, no way to avoid it. What they have passed is not possible, and it will get delayed and possibly overturned by future legislatures. Time will show that it's not possible, nor reasonable. ICE cars are not the prime source of carbon, and more and more realistic science is accepted by more mainstream people and organizations.

Nothing wrong with electric cars, but the only way to make electric cars viable long term is nuclear power generation. Nuclear power is incredibly safe, magnitudes safer than any other form of power generation. Nuclear is gaining all over the world, and in the US.....except for in CA. Both of our nuclear power plants are being phased out and shut down. The power company is sick and tired of fighting the political battles to keep them open and so are giving up. And our rates keep going up to pay for where they must now get electricity. And the dumb politicians think they can pass good sounding laws and it will all somehow magically happen.

It's all unbelievably dumb. There is no scientific reason to phase out ICE engines. It's pure politics. And it's based on incredibly effective misinformation and disinformation campaigns by major environmental groups. Oh crap, I got myself going here. I study this quite a bit. It's supposedly all about carbon, yet there is only speculation that increased carbon in the atmosphere is actually causing worldwide average temps to rise. The worldwide average temp today is still significantly lower than it was 18000 years ago at the beginning of the current little ice age that we are coming out of. And, current carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere are still at much lower levels than in most of the world's history. Current carbon levels in the atmosphere are 1/4 of what would be ideal for plant growth in a typical greenhouse. There isn't even anything negative about global average temperatures rising. Something like 80% of life is in the tropical zones, and if the earth warms the tropical zones will expand which will promote more life of virtually every kind. The least life is in frozen areas, so if frozen areas decrease there will actually be more life. More food production will be possible, for everything. Sure, we loose more glaciers, but that is for our own viewing pleasure, it has nothing to do with the health of the planet. Glaciers and ice ages have come and gone for the history of the earth. So called "saving the planet" is an incredibly arrogant viewpoint that has nothing to do with the actual planet and has everything to do with us keeping things we like. Yet, we have to give up some things we like to facilitate this incredibly stupid and misinformed idea that the planet needs to be saved. This is all about people, and power, and agendas, and not about the planet.

The planet has survived way more than us humans can throw at it. Every time I travel to and think about the whole Colorado Plateau region, which includes the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon NP, Capitol Reef NP, Arches NP, Canyonlands NP, and others it is amazing to see all of the various layers that used to be the earth's surface. There is 10000 feet of various layers that were ocean bottoms, forests, marshes and rivers, lakes, deserts, and sand dunes. All of those things at one time were on the surface of the earth in that area. EVERYTHING about the climate changed dramatically many many times over millions and millions of years. Yet we think we can and should somehow freeze the earth into the condition it is in 1976. Amazing.

There are some very credible climatologists who are now considering data that a rise in carbon in the atmosphere could actually be saving us from a cooling trend leading back into an ice age. There is so much we just don't know. I am an environmentalist. We should not trash what we use and appreciate. But let's get real about what the issues really are, and real about what things are really better.
Good lord. Posts should be limited to like 1000 characters so this much BS can't be packed into a single post
Just wait until all the used car prices skyrocket because a majority of the voters can't afford new cars.

Everyone wants a raise until they realize their BigMac now cost $20
If a bigmac costs $20 it's because McDonald's decided they want more money not because of raises. Though I'm sure that's the excuse they'll use to justify it, but the math doesn't work out

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Biggest concern I see with it is they need to make larger strides (IMO) in the EV Charging infrastructure first before they start eliminating gas engines.
I would say not just Charging infrastructure but we need to very quickly start updating our electric energy infrastructure because in places like California they already have places they can't keep up with demand and have rolling blackouts. Here locally everytime the wind blows the wrong way I lose power so it makes me have no faith in electric vehicles charging if I can't even keep my house powered on in a normal day.

TMP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super Duty 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good lord. Posts should be limited to like 1000 characters so this much BS can't be packed into a single post

If a bigmac costs $20 it's because McDonald's decided they want more money not because of raises. Though I'm sure that's the excuse they'll use to justify it, but the math doesn't work out
Holy crap……you’re one of “them”! 🙄

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in 2035, sales in bordering states will skyrocket.
Haven't read it but some folks are saying there are/will be/may be restrictions on registering new ICE vehicles bought out of state as well.

TMP

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super Duty 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is no way possible to answer this question honestly without talking about politics……..it is politics that made this “rule” and it’s also politics that have refused to increase “energy production“ to be able to meet the energy demands of their “rule”……

Sponsored

amazingjason

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Samurai, 1966 442
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How many degrees is this policy predicted to reduce global temperatures?

Jason

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Think they'll still allow train, bus and airplanes to venture across their borders?? What will the Hollywood elites do with their collections? Jay Leno will be moving for sure lol.

They'll all stay and flaunt their ICE. Looks like only new ICE will be banned, so all existing ICE will still be ok, and the values on those will probably skyrocket. In addition, manufacturers will probably start pairing the smallest battery required to be considered a hybrid and be Ca-compliant.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They'll all stay and flaunt their ICE. Looks like only new ICE will be banned, so all existing ICE will still be ok, and the values on those will probably skyrocket. In addition, manufacturers will probably start pairing the smallest battery required to be considered a hybrid and be Ca-compliant.
Correct that's what is currently the plan. The the tax on existing ICE will come I can promise you.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is no way possible to answer this question honestly without talking about politics……..it is politics that made this “rule” and it’s also politics that have refused to increase “energy production“ to be able to meet the energy demands of their “rule”……
I posted essentially the same thing, but my post was deleted.

"Good luck overlanding your EV!"

Must have been why my post got deleted.
Sponsored