Sponsored

2021+ Ford Bronco Alignment Specs - FORD WONT DO MY ALIGNMENT!!!

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So just to clarify, the Adrenaline Rush Pkg specs are what we want to have for Sasquatch Pkg vehicles regardless of model?
Sponsored

My Friend Flicka

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Bronco, Acura, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, for anyone that’s adding Sasquatch takeoffs - they want to follow the Adrenaline Rush specs?
Wondering if you ever found this answer?
I just put on sas takeoffs and my dealer couldn’t do the alignment….

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wondering if you ever found this answer?
I just put on sas takeoffs and my dealer couldn’t do the alignment….
I’m not exactly sure what they used - but, went to an alignment shop that had some high tech gear. Pretty sure he based the calculations off of the Sas specs and went from there. Then I drove it hard for a couple of weeks and took it back for a re-alignment. Minor tweaks and double checked all my torques.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I put a leveling kit on my First Edition and Les Scwab aligned it with zero issues.

That being said.............there is not a chance in hell I'd let Pepboys do any alignment on anything I have especially my Bronco. ;)
So you don’t think that the best and brightest technicians in your area are clamoring to work at Pep Boys? I can’t believe this. 🤣🤣🤣

/sarcasm

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, to follow up on this line of thought: For a mild lift anyway, Since the double arm IFS is essentially a parallelogram, with the upper, lower, axle shaft and tierod all the same length to their respective pivot points, why should an alignment be needed at all? Camber and toe should be unchanged, caster would differ, but not if lifted the same front and rear. Just thinkin' out loud, and you, Big Meats are uniquely qualified to know.
A little late on this one, but on most IFS vehicles the arms aren't parallel, they also aren't equal length with each other or the tierod, thus as they move through their range of motion, all of the specs change. Hopefully the attached pic will help, it is a bit generic, but it gets the point across as far as design characteristics.

Screenshot_20220827-065848_Google.jpg

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A little late on this one, but on most IFS vehicles the arms aren't parallel, they also aren't equal length with each other or the tierod, thus as they move through their range of motion, all of the specs change. Hopefully the attached pic will help, it is a bit generic, but it gets the point across as far as design characteristics.

Ford Bronco 2021+ Ford Bronco Alignment Specs - FORD WONT DO MY ALIGNMENT!!! Screenshot_20220827-065848_Google
Hey, thanks, my mind wanders sometimes and needs help with the obvious. My assumption was that they were equal length and parallel. Not to leave well enough alone...why not?

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey, thanks, my mind wanders sometimes and needs help with the obvious. My assumption was that they were equal length and parallel. Not to leave well enough alone...why not?
There are a lot of things that play into suspension design, some of them are far beyond a simple reply, if it does, I don't mean to sound condescending, I spent a week studying this stuff years ago, just because I wanted to know "why" myself and still don't fully understand all of it. A couple quick explanations are: with equal length arms, the camber would stay the same, but your track width would change as your suspension cycled, thus scraping the tires side ways as the suspension cycled. Another is that if the camber remained at 0°, then when your vehicle made a turn and leaned, your tire would lean with the vehicle and you would actually lose percentage of tire making contact with the ground, causing a loss of traction, when you need it most.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There are a lot of things that play into suspension design, some of them are far beyond a simple reply, if it does, I don't mean to sound condescending, I spent a week studying this stuff years ago, just because I wanted to know "why" myself and still don't fully understand all of it. A couple quick explanations are: with equal length arms, the camber would stay the same, but your track width would change as your suspension cycled, thus scraping the tires side ways as the suspension cycled. Another is that if the camber remained at 0°, then when your vehicle made a turn and leaned, your tire would lean with the vehicle and you would actually lose percentage of tire making contact with the ground, causing a loss of traction, when you need it most.
Thank You. I watch that video of the guy building a differential out of tinker toys and understand it perfectly...for about 30 seconds, again thanks

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just wondering if there are updated specs or if anyone knows which specs would be for sasquatch. The reason I ask is because there are 2 different specs for Wildtrak, one is regular, and the other is under the adrenaline rush. My camber has always looked excessively positive and my crude measuring suggests it is about 1.5 degrees and I need to get that addressed.
Sponsored

Last edited: