Sponsored

What do you guys think of painting the fender flares????

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If we can get more than one choice on the color of the top, whether it's white or silver or the darker gray, I'd almost want have the fenders match depending on how it'd look. Just because it would be something different, wouldn't mind a somewhat retro look.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking at both the Wildtrak and Badlands. I don't like how plastic looks over time and starts turning gray. I was thinking of have the plastic painted Black on a Cyber Orange Bronco.
Just make sure to scrape those fenders on lots of rocks and bushes, it will keep them looking fresh.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm looking at both the Wildtrak and Badlands. I don't like how plastic looks over time and starts turning gray. I was thinking of have the plastic painted Black on a Cyber Orange Bronco.
If you’re going to invest in getting them painted, might want to see if better styles come out from aftermarket.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate plastic black flares on vehicles and ESPECIALLY when they wont match a black or grey hard top on a $60k bronco, which the wife doesn't want anyways and wants a white top or at least a minimum option body matched paint. But to paint them would not turn out to my liking. Good news is, there should be plenty of aftermarket options just like the jeeps have. My wrangler has aftermarket painted matched steel flares and its far from a mall crawler and the flares dont need black restore or look like someone just applied armoral.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ceramic coating them with keep them more black.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I'd probably either remove the flares on mine completely, or just paint them myself.
I reserved Outer Banks partly because it has painted flares. Those will surely be a consumable item for those that go off road. That means you can go to the Ford parts counter and buy a set in whatever color you want.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once they start to fade I will probably rattle can em whatever tickles my fancy, and repeat.

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like the way to go is line-x. You get the black painted look with a much stronger finish.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wrangler has aftermarket painted matched steel flares
Steel isn't a problem painting. I think the difference is the plastic. You're going to run into issues down the road with adhesion, chipping, and cracking, expansion, and flex with painting plastic. As to thread title, I wouldn't paint them. They may offer other options factory or aftermarket after time.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Steel isn't a problem painting. I think the difference is the plastic. You're going to run into issues down the road with adhesion, chipping, and cracking, expansion, and flex with painting plastic. As to thread title, I wouldn't paint them. They may offer other options factory or aftermarket after time.
Correct. Thats why I removed my plastic flared on the jeep and went with steel ones.

Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll bet there's going to be a lot of creative aftermarket options for these fender flares. I'm looking forward to seeing what's offered.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll bet there's going to be a lot of creative aftermarket options for these fender flares. I'm looking forward to seeing what's offered.
I wonder if you get replacements from Ford if they come pre painted or primered?

Emerald

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Many people I know refer to Cyber Orange as "you mean, school bus yellow"? With Black in the scheme, I'd think more along the lines of "Tonka Yellow". CO was my first color choice before switching to EG and using the 5 Benjamin savings for the mod bumper.
Sponsored