Sponsored

[Update: Ford actually helped and I got it back] Dealer sold my Bronco before it’s built.

Sjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just got my VIN a week ago and a build date of September 19 and today September 3 I got a call from dealer saying they sold my bronco to somebody else.

update just got a call from partner at dealership situation has been resolved i got it back
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Light them up, they haven't sold anything if it hasn't even been built. Did they have any else to say other than "hey we sold your bronco that's not even made yet"

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How were you able to order it without a deposit?

Do you have anything in writing, i.e., not in electronic form?

I did all of my ordering in person at the local dealership and was continually bugging the salesperson that I worked with about it. Having an actual signed document as part of my order was as much for my protection as to protect the dealership.

If I were in your position, I would print out the whole set of email conversations and go talk to the dealer in person.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base

I did all of my ordering in person at the local dealership and was continually bugging the salesperson that I worked with about it. Having an actual signed document as part of my order was as much for my protection as to protect the dealership.

If I were in your position, I would print out the whole set of email conversations and go talk to the dealer in person.
Many dealers have been eager to take orders because they were having trouble getting stock for their lots. The dealer I ordered from only had about eight new cars on the lot and some of them were sold orders. They were begging people to put in orders regardless of whether they intended to buy or not.

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They haven't sold it yet, just promised it to someone who's willing to pay more for it.

That's my assumption at least. I'd walk in there with the evidence I hope you have of an agreement. State law varies but in some, even a verbal agreement is legally binding.. you're in good shape if you have documentation from emails to especially a signed agreement. Walk in there with something to back you up and hopefully they'll fall in line once they know you are for sure serious about your order.

OP
OP
Sjk

Sjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Light them up, they haven't sold anything if it hasn't even been built. Did they have any else to say other than "hey we sold your bronco that's not even made yet"
Nope pretty much just we sold it to somebody else that put a $5000 deposit down and there’s nothing you can do about it
They haven't sold it yet, just promised it to someone who's willing to pay more for it.

That's my assumption at least. I'd walk in there with the evidence I hope you have of an agreement. State law varies but in some, even a verbal agreement is legally binding.. you're in good shape if you have documentation from emails to especially a signed agreement. Walk in there with something to back you up and hopefully they'll fall in line once they know you are for sure serious about your order.

I did everything in email because I was living in upstate New York when I ordered it but moving to Florida where I was ordering the bronco and knew I would be here by the time it was built

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The FORD Motor Company is trash. Straight trash for allowing this to happen to customers. They don't honor their reservation holdesr. They lie about commodities, allocations, transfers, etc. Total garbage. I have never seen such a thing happen to a room full of people with $50K+ each ready to give to them. There is no excuse for this behavior.

TripleSe7en

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door, 1979 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just got my VIN a week ago and a build date of September 19 and today September 3 I got a call from dealer saying they sold my bronco to somebody else. Has anybody had luck fighting this and if so what are the steps. I have everything in emails my build sheet them stating I will pay MSRP and that I don’t need a deposit. Don’t want to say dealers name yet wanna leave all options open but if there’s nothing I can do I will let everybody know the dealer and sales person.
Look into your state's consumer protection law, print it out, send it to the dealer, and tell them you are gonna take it up with the state attorney general.

Sponsored

Mustang Mike @BFord

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My name is Mustang Mike with Brewster Ford. I personally want you to know that not all dealers are like this and that we would have never done so to you. How far upstate new york my friend? May we communicate privately, I'm curious to know more and eager to see if I may assist in any way with this situation. Please note I am a Sales rep at a different dealer and not associated with Ford Corporate so my pull may be limited but I sympathize with your situation as nobody should have to go through this.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Speak to the sales manager, be nice, explain the situation. That’s their one shot. If they play hardball after that, let everyone here know and release the hounds on Google, yelp and social media. If you put the order in custom, it’s yours. My dealer didn’t require a reservation or deposit either and honored my order at MSRP, with price as listed on the order sheet even after the 22.5 price jump.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will say it again. No such thing as customer service in this day and age. We are cattle and ford sees us as such. Look around, youre just a number on an order.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The dealership you ordered from is trash and I wouldn’t give them buisness and I would also trash them here and on all other social media, tagging them in all of the shitty posts across platforms you post.
Sponsored