Sponsored

[Update: Ford actually helped and I got it back] Dealer sold my Bronco before it’s built.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go buy a Jeep or Toyota.
Sponsored

Rstephens59

Wildtrak
First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How were you able to order it without a deposit?

Do you have anything in writing, i.e., not in electronic form?

I did all of my ordering in person at the local dealership and was continually bugging the salesperson that I worked with about it. Having an actual signed document as part of my order was as much for my protection as to protect the dealership.

If I were in your position, I would print out the whole set of email conversations and go talk to the dealer in person.
I ordered over the phone after Ford assigned the dealer and i picked mine up 8/31/2022 at MSRP nothing added. There are good dealers there.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
They haven't sold it yet, just promised it to someone who's willing to pay more for it.

That's my assumption at least. I'd walk in there with the evidence I hope you have of an agreement. State law varies but in some, even a verbal agreement is legally binding.. you're in good shape if you have documentation from emails to especially a signed agreement. Walk in there with something to back you up and hopefully they'll fall in line once they know you are for sure serious about your order.
This. It seems to me they're breaking a contract and you have documentation to prove it. They may be trying to play hardball in the hope that you roll over.

You could also try reaching out to ford corporate. There are times they've helped out buyers who were unhappy with their dealer's treatment. Ford doesn't want their dealers screwing over potential customers.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
How were you able to order it without a deposit?
I think some dealers have intentionally not taken deposits so they can at a later date say "this person wouldn't commit".

I am in this boat right now unfortunately. I reserved one first week July 2020 and went thru all the steps. Dealer never asked for more than my $100 reservation when other dealers were requiring additional deposit when reservations were converted to actual orders Jan 21. Then in the MY22 roll over when dealers were supposed to get sales orders in place (according to people on this site in the know) my dealer actively refused my request to get a sales order in place.

Later thru early 22 I tried to get dealer to get a sales order in place and they would say there is no vin so they can't do one.

When there was the customer order verification process extended to broncos on new orders, and mine still wasn't scheduled I tried to get them to do a sales order because ones that weren't verified were lower priority. I said what is there to lose. They told me that they did it, it just required the build sheet.

So here I am, it is built, it has shipped and on the way to the dealer, I have a vin and they dealer continues to make excuses like they can't see it yet because it isn't in their possession. Meanwhile it is listed on their web site as for sale. It only shows the sticker MSRP so no markup. Yes those listings are often automatic, but damn with nothing to back this up, it feels uncomfortable.

I note that thru the process I can't think of a single time the dealer contacted me, communication always originated with me.

I have some documented text message exchanges that clearly show I am interested and their excuse not to make a sales agreement, but when I came to price they move the discussion to a phone call, assured me it was going to be per the pricing sheet they once gave me, but didn't say one word about not selling it to someone else.

They ask me to take their word and my history with car dealers in general makes that very hard.

I haven't been exactly uneducated in this, but this is what I face. Delays have put me in position of needing another car and I got another Bronco ordered late 21 and I have it. Dealer experience was very different, no problem getting a sales order even without a vin.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go buy a Jeep or Toyota.
The name on the sign doesn’t change the people inside. This is not ford this is a dealership issue. I’ve seen Toyota worse than this just try to get a sequía or Tacoma or 4Runner or tundra. Same deal.

Sponsored

LightningFan75

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You didn't look hard enough for the right Florida Ford dealership. Mullinax Kissimmee has honored all deals with reservation holders and been fantastic to deal with.
Greenway was the same. My sales rep took my incessant requests for updates in stride. This was my 5th car I've bought from them and I'm putting in an order for a Badlands with then add soon as the banks open up. There are definitely some decent dealers still left.

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just emailed everyone on this list with screenshots of all my emails. will update if I get a response
Have found doing a more public post like on Twitter and tagging Mike Levine Jim Farley and Sarah Holm got me some assistance when I needed it. Ford has been publicly saying they wanted to diminish bad dealer behavior. Actions speak louder than press releases.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I practically begged my dealer to take a refundable deposit, but they wouldn’t take one. Put my order in late Oct 2021, got an order sheet signed by both me and the dealer along with emailed and texted promises to sell at MSRP Listed on the order sheet. Got my VIN in January and Bronco at the dealer late April. My build date got moved back one week, and from build date to dealer in AZ took three weeks. Dealer and I did most of paperwork and trade-in days before it arrived, and they sold it to me in 30 min, clean as a whistle and even honored my request for not a single dealer add-on. Not even a sticker or license plate frame. When I found a painst scrape on my roll bar a few days after owning it, they immediately got me in the body shop and took care of it. There are good dealers.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just got my VIN a week ago and a build date of September 19 and today September 3 I got a call from dealer saying they sold my bronco to somebody else. Has anybody had luck fighting this and if so what are the steps. I have everything in emails my build sheet them stating I will pay MSRP and that I don’t need a deposit. Don’t want to say dealers name yet wanna leave all options open but if there’s nothing I can do I will let everybody know the dealer and sales person.
They can't sell it before it's built!

When you placed you order did you put down a deposit? Were you a reservation holder?

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact you don’t want to name the dealership tells it all. Nice try I just don’t believe you
It doesn't say anything. The OP is being smart. The threat of unleashing the b6g hounds may be more effective than requesting capitulation of the deed is done.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It doesn't say anything. The OP is being smart. The threat of unleashing the b6g hounds may be more effective than requesting capitulation of the deed is done.
Agreed. Hell hath no fury like the B6G hounds. Once unleashed they can no longer be returned.

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The fact you don’t want to name the dealership tells it all. Nice try I just don’t believe you
If OP was trolling they’d have no problem naming a dealership. Think about it.

Sadly, this type of story is very believable. It’s happened to several people around here.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I practically begged my dealer to take a refundable deposit, but they wouldn’t take one.
Same. They didn't even get the $100 since I changed dealerships before ordering. They were just glad to take an order from the competition.

Who'd you go with?
Sponsored