CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder how much a Bronco Raptor will cost, given the current Bronco pricing? $70K+?
Well if the Bronco 2.7 engine is 2500 more than the F150, you gotta assume if they put in the 3.5 in the Raptor Bronco, that has to be a minimum of 5000 more than the 2.7 - so that is 8000 just on an engine.

Add graphics, seats, leather - 70,000 is likely the bare minimum.
Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Funny if the engineers were just doing that to mess with everyone here

Guys guess what I'm going to put 23 bronco raptor on my profile and just sit back and see where the forum goes with it ???
I almost hope it WAS a prank at this point. Maybe they had a pool for how long it would take someone to run with it.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn’t there talks of the new Raptors getting the 2.7L engine anyways? If that turns out to be true it would be hard to get me to switch to a raptor if I can make a normal bronco into a raptor. I miss the old days when the Raptors had 6.2L?
I expect that the future F-150 Raptor will have a V8 again. Especially since Dodge just released the TRX for $90,000. Jeep is also talking about a Hemi Wrangler. Ford will answer. I am all about a V8, but when you can get 325hp and 400lbft of torque in a lighter more efficient engine, why not? I know it does not sound the same, but dang, the fox body 5.0 only had 205hp and 275llbft. The latest coyote(420hp and 420lbft) is about 440 lbs and the 2.7 is about 360lbs. Weight to power ratio is a no brainer. Again.... NOTHING sounds better than a Ford V8... NOTHING!!!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll probably get one for the wife, because we know one thing about it for sure...it won't have a manual transmission; better get your MT fix now!

nrk2of3

Base
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ecosport, 1965 mustang 2+2, 1962 galaxy 500xl, 1982 f150, and a KIA.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll probably get one for the wife, because we know one thing about it for sure...it won't have a manual transmission; better get your MT fix now!
Yep, this is it. If the manual transmission is not a shockingly big hit you wont see it offered in anything but the base. Ford will see it as we offered a manual and no one wanted it. You must buy today if you want the option tomorrow. Waiting for the 2.7l with a manual is the kiss of death for the manual. Ford doesn't care about all the I'll buy if posts. It's money out the door. if you don't buy they don't make. Seen a new t-bird lately. gt350 proves this point. It only comes with a manual. they would sell 14 gt350 with an auto. No buyers for an auto track day car.

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, this is it. If the manual transmission is not a shockingly big hit you wont see it offered in anything but the base. Ford will see it as we offered a manual and no one wanted it. You must buy today if you want the option tomorrow. Waiting for the 2.7l with a manual is the kiss of death for the manual. Ford doesn't care about all the I'll buy if posts. It's money out the door. if you don't buy they don't make. Seen a new t-bird lately. gt350 proves this point. It only comes with a manual. they would sell 14 gt350 with an auto. No buyers for an auto track day car.
I think what you’re saying — correct me if I’m wrong; but if you want manual with the 2.7L or even the future Bronco Raptor maybe with a 3.5L we all should be buying the smaller 2.3L engine with the manual to prove to Ford we want the manual?

If that’s your point, it does make sense and it’s a very interesting viewpoint. However, the 2.7L is so much more power and torque that I don’t know if I can get myself to buy that manual with the 2.3L

I would however definitely buy the 2.7L with the manual.

Jeep JL with a manual? No f’ing way. That manual I didn’t like at all...I cannot understand why so many of those Jeep people think it’s so good. So lifeless and no tactical feel. I swear to you, I had my driving shoes on (yes I have particular shoes I use only in my GT350 lol) and I couldn’t feel the damn clutch. And the gas pedal was almost the same lol. I had to look down to see what I was doing haha!!! It felt like I never drove a manual before. Maybe the Jeep was defective? To make things better, when I looked up at the road (after looking down to see if my foot was on the clutch) the Jeep had veered off to the other side of the road cause the steering was so wonky. Jesus. Thank god this Bronco is coming!

anyway, I slightly went off topic there! Haha

nrk2of3

Base
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ecosport, 1965 mustang 2+2, 1962 galaxy 500xl, 1982 f150, and a KIA.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford is going after the Wrangler and Jeep soft-roaders. Excellent plan. Ford had to offer a manual. I think ford has offered one hell of a manual trans 6 speed + a granny. Class leading crawl ratio. If you like manuals you better not wait. Maybe ford has no faith that people will buy a manual in numbers that make a good ROI. If the 7 speed mt is marginal for the 2.7l why risk your rep. If you need to rework a trans a lot why spend the money until you know. Don't look the gift horse in the mouth.

If I liked manuals for off roading I would be all over it. I don't like them so I don't have to choose between all the cool tech toys and the bigger motor. I want remote start, ACC , trail turn, one pedal drive... I want it all. In my 65 mustang it has a 5 speed and three pedals.

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless there’s an engine upgrade and/or body width change I’m content with building out my Bronco over time. My thought process

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep JL with a manual? No f’ing way. That manual I didn’t like at all...I cannot understand why so many of those Jeep people think it’s so good. So lifeless and no tactical feel. I swear to you, I had my driving shoes on (yes I have particular shoes I use only in my GT350 lol) and I couldn’t feel the damn clutch. And the gas pedal was almost the same lol. I had to look down to see what I was doing haha!!! It felt like I never drove a manual before. Maybe the Jeep was defective? To make things better, when I looked up at the road (after looking down to see if my foot was on the clutch) the Jeep had veered off to the other side of the road cause the steering was so wonky. Jesus. Thank god this Bronco is coming!
Exactly what I'm afraid of with the 2.3T/7M. It could be the same lifeless feel. We'll be ordering them sight unseen unfortunately and hoping for the best.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unpopular opinion, but isnt the wildtrak trim kind of a "raptor" already. I'm sure it would get a larger engine and a few upgrades, but that is their desert runner already

Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't take anymore long wait periods, I refuse to be excited about this!!!

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unpopular opinion, but isnt the wildtrak trim kind of a "raptor" already. I'm sure it would get a larger engine and a few upgrades, but that is their desert runner already
I'm thinking Braptor will be a longer 2 door than what we have now, similar to the Bronco R. Or a half cab similar to Gladiator keeping the Raptorness in it with a bed

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m hoping for a wider body. Isn’t the Raptor wider than the F-150 and not because of wider fender flares?

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update:

The reference to "2023 Bronco Raptor" has now been removed from the engineer's profile as you can see here. But you can see the original version in the first post.

image.png
Way to go guys, bronco raptor has been cancelled. ?

yelirny

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any chance the old pic that we saw of the Regular Cab Short Bed F150 IS the Bronco Raptor. That is, a full size F150 frame version of the Bronco becomes the Bronco Raptor, and we now have three Bronco Sizes (Bronco Sport, Bronco, Bronco Raptor). As others have said, the Bronco is already pretty tricked out in higher trims. Would a Raptor version of the current Bronco be that much better to warrant the extra cost? I dont know, but I do know I'd pay extra for a full size Bronco.
Sponsored