Mike Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
chevy tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think its $400...but still pretty pricey for those two items....and as far as I know that is it.......not even a heavy duty trans cooler...........

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think its $400...but still pretty pricey for those two items....and as far as I know that is it.......not even a heavy duty trans cooler...........
It only allows you to tow 3500 so I would hope that you wouldn't need extra cooling for that. Although that being said we don't know at this time if it shares the cooling systems with the Ranger or if it's a different setup. Or do we?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought tow was $600 and the roof rails were $400 but I could be wrong

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably receiver hitch and wiring. I know when I had my Wrangler I added the receiver hitch for $25 (used) and the wiring harness for $50 from Quadratec. Less than an hour to install. All connections were there already and no need for a dealer flash. Wonder if the Bronco will be the same way.

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to piggyback and detract from this thread, but that package is one I was debating on adding at order time... As someone who's never towed before, is there any structural advantage to getting the factory installed hitch + wiring? I had seen that Bronco frame mounted hitch picture the other day but wasn't sure if the outcome would be any different if you went the aftermarket route

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought tow was $600 and the roof rails were $400 but I could be wrong
The $600 was on the Survey, most likely not the final cost for it.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not to piggyback and detract from this thread, but that package is one I was debating on adding at order time... As someone who's never towed before, is there any structural advantage to getting the factory installed hitch + wiring? I had seen that Bronco frame mounted hitch picture the other day but wasn't sure if the outcome would be any different if you went the aftermarket route
Not really with this vehicle. I had an F150 that had factory tow but that came with rear limited slip , 6pin harness, transmission cooler. I think Bronco is only a 4 way flat and 2" receiver.

You can get a Uhaul hitch put on for you at a more reasonable price and they give you a lifetime warranty. I did that for my Escape and Explorer, you can also buy your own and put it on yourself. All cheaper options.

They mention trailer sway control. My 12' Explorer did not come with a towing package but all I had to do was go in the menus on the dash and turn on trailer sway. I can not imagine Ford locking out trailer sway out of spite for the package price as it could be a liability going forward.

I would pay $250 for it from the factory because my time putting it on is worth something but above that, ehhhh...

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only advantage I see is that the aftermarket might not have one right away and you might have to wait 6 -12mos for them to be produced.

Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anybody know what’s included in the towing package $600 seems like a very high price for just a 2 inch receiver hitch and wiring
You know I was wondering the same thing. There has to be something else besides a class 3 hitch & wiring for that much.... If not I will be getting it done locally for $200 instead.

Last edited:

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if it's just hitch and wiring I'll probably get it when I need it from 3rd party, had one put on my Tacoma for bike carrier, I won't be needing that for a while, as I rarely bike anymore. 600 is too much if that's all it is, but nobody knows any details yet. If it comes with other added tech then I'd probably get it right when I order.

joshofthefall

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion tC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not really with this vehicle. I had an F150 that had factory tow but that came with rear limited slip , 6pin harness, transmission cooler. I think Bronco is only a 4 way flat and 2" receiver.

You can get a Uhaul hitch put on for you at a more reasonable price and they give you a lifetime warranty. I did that for my Escape and Explorer, you can also buy your own and put it on yourself. All cheaper options.

They mention trailer sway control. My 12' Explorer did not come with a towing package but all I had to do was go in the menus on the dash and turn on trailer sway. I can not imagine Ford locking out trailer sway out of spite for the package price as it could be a liability going forward.
Thanks for the detailed response! Good to know about the sway setting too, I didn't realize that was a thing. Based off my limited knowledge the only things I could think of that may be worth the factory install would be a transmission cooler or upgraded alternator, but if that's not the case I'll probably forego that package then and install myself when I find myself needing to tow. That'll be a few hundred bucks towards the upgraded hard top instead. (y)

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Based off my limited knowledge the only things I could think of that may be worth the factory install would be a transmission cooler or upgraded alternator
The chances of any mechanical difference like a cooler is remote. The tow rating is 3,500 pounds with or without the tow package - so the tow package does not add any extra capability. A heavy duty alt doesn’t seem to fit with the package.

Maybe a brake controller could be in the package.
Sponsored

Last edited: