Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sooo......no offense to people with "high" reaction score, but what exactly is this for? I see people looking for reaction just because? Some replying just to get attention? Do ya'll get some kind of swag? Asking for a friend...
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reacting to a post is a way to acknowledge that you support, agree, or appreciate a post that someone made.

Perhaps itā€™s because you share their opinion, or agree with their conclusion, or appreciate their information, or they made you laugh and youā€™re glad theyā€™re here.

Every time you ā€œlikeā€ or otherwise ā€œreactā€ to a specific post, other people see that reaction, and the person who made the post has their profile reaction score increased by one.

Not only is this a ā€œgame theoryā€ way of encouraging people to post meaningful replies to increase their own score, it can also cut down on random chatter of people having to reply to a post just to say they agree with it.

When you see a high reaction score on someoneā€˜s profile, or a specific post, itā€™s a sign that their peers on the forum approve of their behavior or comments, in one way or another... and it could conceivably be used to help you determine whoā€™s opinion, or which specific post, you should weigh more heavily.

And also, it objectively proves that Iā€™m a better person than everyone else with a lower number than me.

Itā€™s science.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didnā€™t even realize this was a thing.
If you do most of your browsing on your phone it is easy to miss as you would have to click on someone's avatar to see it. If you are on a computer it shows under everyone's avatar along with their location, etc.

Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you do most of your browsing on your phone it is easy to miss as you would have to click on someone's avatar to see it. If you are on a computer it shows under everyone's avatar along with their location, etc.

that would be why

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really need to obsess over something other than Broncos.. Just. Well everything else sucks right now. My reaction score is too damn high....

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Something tells me you've yelled at kids for being on your lawn at least once.
Huh? Now Iā€™m intrigued on how this even makes sense ??

Sponsored
OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reacting to a post is a way to acknowledge that you support, agree, or appreciate a post that someone made.

Perhaps itā€™s because you share their opinion, or agree with their conclusion, or appreciate their information, or they made you laugh and youā€™re glad theyā€™re here.

Every time you ā€œlikeā€ or otherwise ā€œreactā€ to a specific post, other people see that reaction, and the person who made the post has their profile reaction score increased by one.

Not only is this a ā€œgame theoryā€ way of encouraging people to post meaningful replies to increase their own score, it can also cut down on random chatter of people having to reply to a post just to say they agree with it.

When you see a high reaction score on someoneā€˜s profile, or a specific post, itā€™s a sign that their peers on the forum approve of their behavior or comments, in one way or another... and it could conceivably be used to help you determine whoā€™s opinion, or which specific post, you should weigh more heavily.

And also, it objectively proves that Iā€™m a better person than everyone else with a lower number than me.

Itā€™s science.
Key word ā€œmeaningfulā€

E66CBE72-4AF4-4C75-81D5-BA8AF8C30170.jpeg

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What Iā€™m trying to get at is that....Iā€™ve seen people reply just to reply or make a comment to get a ā€œhighā€ reaction score...Iā€™m just trying to filter out the nonsense ??

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If youā€™re looking for a high score, good for you! Come by Iā€™ll give you a cookie ?Iā€™m just looking for important information ??

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sooo......no offense to people with "high" reaction score, but what exactly is this for? I see people looking for reaction just because? Some replying just to get attention? Do ya'll get some kind of swag? Asking for a friend...
Well that will be no likes for you my friend ?

No, no kind of swag, at least they haven't given me any yet...

And it's just a number. I guess it could tell you that someone has been around awhile, or maybe that person offers up worthwhile information.. Or maybe they're just funny.

Hell why am I trying to explain this again? Idk, it's just a number...

Now once again, when my reaction score hits 3500,you guys get B&P, now do your thing!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What Iā€™m trying to get at is that....Iā€™ve seen people reply just to reply or make a comment to get a ā€œhighā€ reaction score...Iā€™m just trying to filter out the nonsense ??
I hate to break it to you, there's no way to filter out the nonsense. That is simply part of the charm of this place.
Sponsored