Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious about this same thing. The water port weighs 42 lbs filled. I asked JCR Offroad about their side mounts that rest on the windows and they didn't reply. This setup looks better for that purpose.
Our Pak Rax can hold the waterport with no issue! Email us at [email protected] if you have any more questions.
Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ability to remove front 2 roof panels and middle panel with rack on?
You absolutely can! The rack has 1/2” more clearance than the OEM rack. The front 2 panels are very easy to remove while the middle can seem like an issue, but if you move it forward of the vehicle, it comes right out.

jjcsr74

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 FJ '15 GT500, '21 BadSquatch, '22 BLk Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bad: Front bolts are a nightmare. I could have thought of several ways to make that easier. It’s so bad I won’t be removing my top… ever. A slight design change could have made this better and easier to remove.

The good: Wind noise is never an issue.
04CD5EDC-0E72-485C-BDE3-602EB32DF02C.jpeg
What mount system are you using for the traction boards?

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was a very small initial issue that was fixed within 1 day of launching. The T nuts were too big and blocked one another from being installed on an extrusion with some customers due to the inconsistency of the T Nuts. Once caught, we informed all customers and provided new carriage bolts and hardware to allow for a smooth install. Do not worry, it has since been fixed and the install is easy. Completely bolt on install roof rack.
I had the same issue and although I did receive the carriage bolts with the rack hardware there was nothing in the printed instructions or the video specifying what they were for nor did I get an email with correct instructions that I know of. My solution was to pry the bracket open a little bit so the T-nuts would work. Other than that minor issue I really like the rack and have already used it to haul some kayaks.

Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same issue and although I did receive the carriage bolts with the rack hardware there was nothing in the printed instructions or the video specifying what they were for nor did I get an email with correct instructions that I know of. My solution was to pry the bracket open a little bit so the T-nuts would work. Other than that minor issue I really like the rack and have already used it to haul some kayaks.
Check your junk emails, some customers had received it in their junk for some reason. Our marketing team did report that the email was sent out telling customers the situation.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check your junk emails, some customers had received it in their junk for some reason. Our marketing team did report that the email was sent out telling customers the situation.
Nope, not there. Plus all your other emails come through to my inbox just fine still to this day. Water under the bridge at this point….

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You absolutely can! The rack has 1/2” more clearance than the OEM rack. The front 2 panels are very easy to remove while the middle can seem like an issue, but if you move it forward of the vehicle, it comes right out.
after installation how many inches does it add to the roof heigth? I Want to make sure I can fit in my garage. Thanks.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
after installation how many inches does it add to the roof heigth? I Want to make sure I can fit in my garage. Thanks.
Our website has the exact measurement, but assume 4” from the direct center width of the hardtop. The actual measurement is around 3.8” but with the foam we offer, it does poke up to 3.9” until the foam settles with weight.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our website has the exact measurement, but assume 4” from the direct center width of the hardtop. The actual measurement is around 3.8” but with the foam we offer, it does poke up to 3.9” until the foam settles with weight.
Appreciate the info. The rack looks fantastic. What is the current lead time on the non light cutout rack with pak rax?

Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate the info. The rack looks fantastic. What is the current lead time on the non light cutout rack with pak rax?
This configuration would start to ship in October 15th.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

LOVE THIS RACK!!!! :). I think its great that it comes with an integrated wind deflector!!! Very NICE!!!

Now.....I wonder if they will make a COMBO - wind-deflector-with-lightbar mount option......Is that even possible?

EDIT: ok...nm, I just visited their site and they do have it :). Haha!! NEXT purchase!!!!
I got the one with the light bar cutout.
I have the 40" dual row light bar from North Lights Co; drove roughly 500 miles this weekend and not a single peep from the lightbar. I used to get a whistle after 78 mph and above, but the wind deflector handled it with such grace that I forgot about the noise issue until now.

@TrailRax really outdid themselves here. All I need now is a folding ladder, some mounts to add a light to each side, and traction board mounts for the other Pak Rax.

Ford Bronco Trail Rax Modular Roof Rack With Pak Rax ** Install Video ** 20220831_185258

Last edited:

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had my trail rax rack on for two weeks now.

I drove over 4,000 miles in those two weeks, wheeled Moab with two roam boxes on, drove through high wind, rain, sometimes at speeds of 80mph, and didn’t notice any excessive noise over and above when I drove it prior to the rack install.

I can confirm what others have said, this is a well made rack and you wouldn’t regret your purchase if you went with it.

Both Brad and Andy are solid guys and we’re gracious enough to install my rack for me as I was passing through Salt Lake from Vancouver, BC.

Ford Bronco Trail Rax Modular Roof Rack With Pak Rax ** Install Video ** 30AD4ECE-2FFA-4B98-9A4F-527386445BCD

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

.....Now I wonder......does the fairing also protect the lightbar from getting ripped off or damaged in a carwash?

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This configuration would start to ship in October 15th.
I actually ordered one during your recent sale. Are the general lead times still consistent with 10/15? I know that can vary greatly. FWIW, I ordered 4 dr, light cut out, with pakrax
Sponsored