First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didnt realize the Bronco is a boat too. One drop of water in right place will cause electrical gremlins. no thanks
Sponsored

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumber: The guy or gal who pulled it out of the water. Instead of barely accelerating to build full tension in the tow rope, mashed the go pedal yanking the Bronco with full force out of the water.
"I've met the kinetic rope, and you sir, are no kinetic rope ā€“ You're a tow strap!"

YouTube: Where off-road recovery experts* go to show you exactly what not to do.

See also: TFL Trucks. Someone is eventually going to get hurt until they learn proper rigging.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand the fascination of driving through 3-feet+ of muddy water?
I donā€™t either
And Iā€™ve purpose built several but itā€™s hard on the vehicle
Iā€™ve had this one m715 over the hood more than once
A deuce and a half through Katrina
And an m38a1 after Andrew

570C793D-9859-47BF-8D11-CFF055036726.jpeg

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you watch the video 2 of the three had water in the intake. That is over fording depth. In fact, in the beginning of the video, the first Bronco that they showed going through the water dunked the entire hood. Jeep, Toyota, whatever it will not run with water up to the intake. I think fording depth is about to the top of the tire. If the water is at the top of the fender and you pound through and cause a wave past your intake, you will have problems šŸ˜‰
Yeah this is operator error (the stuff in the video, other than maybe the charging thing... but who knows)

Also I can't stand her channel.... but anyway...

That last bit is just my personal disdain for every video of hers that I've tried to watch... sorry/not sorry. :censored:

Seemed like a lot of amateur wheelers.... I mean its a way to learn but not the best way. Assuming they did learn anything from the experience... they seem to think its not overly concerning that they sucked water into their intakes....

I think we need Evan from the NH Offroadeo to come and give these folks a lesson.

I took my old Range Rover through a lot of water and never had an issue.. i assure you that it had a far more questionable electrical system and a lower (although barely) intake than these Broncos

IMG_1370.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is really mind blowing the people who fully misuse and abuse their vehicles and then bash ford when something breaks. At least she had diddy to do a full tear down

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's more to fording than just driving into the water. Most people do it wrong until they find out the hard way. I did.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually feel the door/design to let the water out of the air inlet tube is flawed. Yes, if the water comes in from under the hood along the radiator support trim panel, it should divert it as intended. My experience involved a puddle run, well under the fording limits. The video is on eville truck's YT somewhere.

There was a mud water stain where a small amount of water came in through the inlet under the hood but the inside of the tube, box, cover and filter were absolutely plastered with crap which didn't come from the inlet opening and the water level wasn't high enough to come in through the dump door. Only conclusion for that much crap in the box is a door that is gravity hinged and allow splash up crap from the RF wheel well area to get up and in. There was ample evidence to draw this conclusion and blow up Ford's water fording claim. If crap can get in below the inlet under the hood, the fording depth rating has to change. If not, they need to redesign the air inlet system. If you've seen the raptor, the air cleaner is a flat style that sits in the top half of the box, not in the box like they are now.

Don't know what the fix is at this point but have a few ideas and several rolls of heavy silicon rubber sheets that are going to be fitted to several areas under hood I believe need more protection.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hit about 2.5ā€™ of water other day, but was mashing on the gas.

Sponsored
First Name
Krista
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.buckleupbuttercuptv.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all!
I usually don't like to get involved with threads like this, but I want to clarify a few things for those who either didn't pay attention to the facts in the video or if I didn't properly portray the facts the way I thought I did.

1. The Bronco that was in the water DID NOT have an alternator issue, just got some water in the air box. It was cleaned and dried and he went on his merry way.
2. The other Bronco that towed him out DID NOT go through the puddle, however, seemed to have some water in the air box. It was cleaned and dried and he went on his merry way.
3. I DID NOT go through that puddle and was parked for a good hour and when I went to air up tires, the error came on.
4. If you think I'm a Ford basher...I have no comment because...well, clearly I'm not LOL I use my Bronco the way I want and I document it every step of the way. You don't have to like me, that's fine!

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hit about 2.5ā€™ of water other day, but was mashing on the gas.

yes moving quick but not enough water to be sucked in the intake
around here in mass i hit puddles like this every time it rains my bronco has had no issues

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it is hilarious that people are this stupid. If you stick a banana in the tailpipe, it will make any vehicle shut off and not restart. Water will do the same thing. I have ZERO sympathy for people that destroy nice expensive vehicles this way. Mine will see trails and rocks and a little mud, but NEVER any water escept a shallow creek crossing. Of course, Ford promotes this kind of activity so they should get fixed under warranty. Another reason why I will never film myself in any off-road situation. I do not want to take the chance of anyone seeing it and denying a warranty claim.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't anyone spray the electrical connections and components anymore to help with repelling water? Always worked wonders to have that little extra water repellant.

98infinity

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150, 20 Road King, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you do ingest water in your engine, typically it will shut down. Do not try to restart it... Change the oil, take the plugs out and turn the engine over to get the water out and not damage the engine. It cost me 6k on my ford ranger back in the day....oil looked like peanut butter it had spun a bearing front lack of lubrication.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.