First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...r-vs-jeep-rubicon-392-comparison-test-review/

I've been waiting for these to start showing up - actual real reviews that feel like less promo / puff pr pieces, and actually have more of an comparisons of the two trucks. As a present owner of a 392XR and a future owner of a BRaptor, I can relate to all they say about the Jeep, both good and bad, and look forward to learning for myself about the Bronco.

Also of note: the Code Orange looks well, actually orange next to the Jeep's Firecracker Red Clearcoat - which is a great red IMO and looks really good on the big Jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I came to post the same thing. Bronco Raptor beats 392. Mostly because it's 10k cheaper and does everything as good or better than the Jeep. @Administrator

Ford Bronco Motortrend: Bronco Raptor vs Jeep 392 XR: Battle of the Badass Off-Roaders mt braptor

OP
OP
computertom

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Of all the things on the article, it was calling the truck “BRaptor” that got stuck in your craw? Lol. Incidentally, we call our incoming Bronco, “the BRaptor”

The thing I found weird was the price being anything to even mention in their decision. Who’s reading Motortrend *now* and deciding “yeah, it’s Ford for me, and I’ll save some money too!” ? Exactly no one.

Sponsored

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I came to post the same thing. Bronco Raptor beats 392. Mostly because it's 10k cheaper and does everything as good or better than the Jeep. @Administrator

Ford Bronco Motortrend: Bronco Raptor vs Jeep 392 XR: Battle of the Badass Off-Roaders mt braptor
You aren’t going to find a BRaptor for anywhere near MSRP… the Jeep is cheaper at this point

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You aren’t going to find a BRaptor for anywhere near MSRP… the Jeep is cheaper at this point
One of the recent featured posts the owner said he bought his Braptor at MSRP. It was the one where he had a wildtrak and F150 tremor with it.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Of all the things on the article, it was calling the truck “BRaptor” that got stuck in your craw? Lol. Incidentally, we call our incoming Bronco, “the BRaptor”

The thing I found weird was the price being anything to even mention in their decision. Who’s reading Motortrend *now* and deciding “yeah, it’s Ford for me, and I’ll save some money too!” ? Exactly no one.
Well that and another "unbiased" article essentially coming out to a tie in my opinion.

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At MSRP, I can get on board that the 392 isn't $10k better than the Bronco Raptor.

But unless you've already won the lottery on a Bronco Raptor allocation with a dealer not charging ADM, expect to pay at least $20k-40k+ right now. Whereas anyone can go ahead and order a 392 under MSRP at a good number of dealers nationwide.

Is the Bronco Raptor $25k+ better than a 392 for an actual buyer in our market right now? I don't think so...

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...r-vs-jeep-rubicon-392-comparison-test-review/

I've been waiting for these to start showing up - actual real reviews that feel like less promo / puff pr pieces, and actually have more of an comparisons of the two trucks. As a present owner of a 392XR and a future owner of a BRaptor, I can relate to all they say about the Jeep, both good and bad, and look forward to learning for myself about the Bronco.

Also of note: the Code Orange looks well, actually orange next to the Jeep's Firecracker Red Clearcoat - which is a great red IMO and looks really good on the big Jeep.
It really comes down to which one you like the best.
I'm pretty sure you aren't going to find Jeep 392 at MSRP either. I don't know honestly, but I read something awhile back about Jeeps having big markups.

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One of the recent featured posts the owner said he bought his Braptor at MSRP. It was the one where he had a wildtrak and F150 tremor with it.
More then likely a “golden ticket” holder. No dealership I’ve spoke to will sell a
It really comes down to which one you like the best.

I'm pretty sure you aren't going to find Jeep 392 at MSRP either. I don't know honestly, but I read something awhile back about Jeeps having big markups.
you can find a 392 for below MSRP. It has more to do with availability than anything. No Braptord out right now to be sold. Lots of Jeeps

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At MSRP, I can get on board that the 392 isn't $10k better than the Bronco Raptor.

But unless you've already won the lottery on a Bronco Raptor allocation with a dealer not charging ADM, expect to pay at least $20k-40k+ right now. Whereas anyone can go ahead and order a 392 under MSRP at a good number of dealers nationwide.

Is the Bronco Raptor $25k+ better than a 392 for an actual buyer in our market right now? I don't think so...
Honestly I don’t know how someone could prefer the 392 given the lack of passenger room, the lack of storage space for groceries, and the way it would blend in with all the other jeeps parked at the local shopping center/mall where I’m likely to be.

I’d be out there with my key fob pushing the lock button forever before I’d find it.
Sponsored