First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is just as funny that you swear by Ford's initial "7 quart pan" (that was essentially talked about in a random interview to Bronco Nation) that from the beginning never had a correct stick to match (the stick was from an entirely different vehicle...), but now that the same manufacturer puts out a public update you refuse to believe it (all because you think they want to avoid a "stick recall"...even though they ALSO added a new SIX quart stick to the parts catalog...which by your theory would ALSO necessitate a "stick recall"). Sound logic.
Why add a new 6 qt stick... you say it already has a 6qt stick in it.... see the fishy part here???? by the way.... Bronco Nation is owned by Jackson Dawson, a creative marketing agency based in Dearborn, Michigan. While BN is not owned by Ford, it appears that BN receives support, and funding from Ford.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why add a new 6 qt stick... you say it already has a 6qt stick in it.... see the fishy part here???? by the way.... Bronco Nation is owned by Jackson Dawson, a creative marketing agency based in Dearborn, Michigan. While BN is not owned by Ford, it appears that BN receives support, and funding from Ford.
They swear they don't have any connection to Ford - so naturally, I believe them 100% - completely organic. šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the Ford insiders on the forum commented about this in the beginning when it started becoming known that the 2.7 read overfilled from the factory. He said the original Bronco dipstick came from a FWD platform and the dipstick was redesigned because there was feedback about the stick making it difficult to read the oil level, so they redesigned it with the twist higher on the stick.
He seemed surprised because he thought the complaint originated from the oil level from the factory being very high and, I think, was under the impression it was supposed to be a 7qt stick. Just moving the twist higher didn't change the min/max level marks on the stick.

His response might have actually been in this thread, but I think his account and all posts have been removed from the forum.

Even if Ford changed the factory fill to 6.5qts, that wouldn't be enough to change anyone's mind. If the engineer who worked on the oil pan said it was 6qt service change, that still wouldn't change anyone's mind (statements would be vetted by Ford).

Measuring the top of 6qts of liquid to the pan lip in a Bronco Raptor 3.0 pan, an F150 2.7 pan, and a Bronco 2.7 pan should give us a good, real-world, idea of how much oil the engineers and/or accountants finally landed on.

Until then, the dealer can put in how ever much they want; I'd never know. I've yet to pull the oil dipstick in 14,251 miles and 1 dealer-performed oil change.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FoMoCo rep called me this morning. He understood the question(why the 7.5qt initial fill and 7qt service fill for almost 2 years?)but had no answer. Heā€™s referring the question to engineering and said I should hear from them soon.
He did say he was ā€œallowedā€œ to confirm that either 6 or 7qt service fill is ok for the 2.7L.
As has been mentioned several timesā€¦ā€¦everyone needs to relax. No one is rightā€¦.no one is wrong.
Weā€™ll see if engineering does in fact contact me. Iā€™ll ask for an email confirming what they say.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco 2.7L V6 EcoBoost Engine Failures Explained: Exclusive (fordauthority.com).....
Interesting....
But in addition to the faulty valves, the Broncoā€™s version of the 2.7L V6 EcoBoost also utilizes a less than optimal oil pan design as well, which allows the oil pickup tube to become uncovered and suck in air, which in turn can destroy not only valves, but bearings as well, particularly during spirited or erratic driving when oil is sloshing around inside the powerplant.
These issues arenā€™t exactly new to The Blue Oval, which experienced similar problems with the twin-turbo Ford 3.0L V6 EcoBoost engine used in the Ford Explorer ST, which is essentially a bored and stroked version of the 2.7. Now, those problems are once again surfacing in certain examples of the sixth-generation Bronco, too.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2.7L V6 EcoBoost Engine Failures Explained: Exclusive (fordauthority.com).....
Interesting....
But in addition to the faulty valves, the Broncoā€™s version of the 2.7L V6 EcoBoost also utilizes a less than optimal oil pan design as well, which allows the oil pickup tube to become uncovered and suck in air, which in turn can destroy not only valves, but bearings as well, particularly during spirited or erratic driving when oil is sloshing around inside the powerplant.
These issues arenā€™t exactly new to The Blue Oval, which experienced similar problems with the twin-turbo Ford 3.0L V6 EcoBoost engine used in the Ford Explorer ST, which is essentially a bored and stroked version of the 2.7. Now, those problems are once again surfacing in certain examples of the sixth-generation Bronco, too.
unfortunately, "sources familiar with the matter" is all that is cited.

if true, so much for designing the oil pan to withstand extreme angles encountered off-road if all it takes is spirited driving to expose the pickup.

Ford missed the boat on the details of an off-roader trying to hit that $30k starting point. What's the point of the Badlands trim if you can't use the capability without destroying the engine?

Big opportunity for 3rd party pans or Raptor 3.0 pan swap (if it's any better, but doubtful at this point).

LS swap is sounding better and better...

I need to give up on new cars. They are made disposable, but cost $40k-$70k.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FoMoCo rep called me this morning. He understood the question(why the 7.5qt initial fill and 7qt service fill for almost 2 years?)but had no answer. Heā€™s referring the question to engineering and said I should hear from them soon.
He did say he was ā€œallowedā€œ to confirm that either 6 or 7qt service fill is ok for the 2.7L.
As has been mentioned several timesā€¦ā€¦everyone needs to relax. No one is rightā€¦.no one is wrong.
Weā€™ll see if engineering does in fact contact me. Iā€™ll ask for an email confirming what they say.
Great idea, but wrong question. Everyone needs to stop worrying about how many quarts...6, 7, 7.5...it doesn't matter. The Only question and explanation we need is why are the 2.7 engines being overfilled from the factory period, irregardless of how many quarts.

People are getting too caught up in who said what and what part number of dip stick. When Fords right hand (aka the dipstick MAX line) matches Fords left hand (aka the oil amount put in from the factory) are in sync, then all other questions will be answered.

But right now they are not, and Ford continues to overfill from the factory and this is something that I've never seen in any of the new vehicles I've purchased... Not even other Fords.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whose working on a dry sump so we donā€™t have to worry about angles and spirited driving?? Thatā€™s the question we need answered šŸ¤£

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great idea, but wrong question. Everyone needs to stop worrying about how many quarts...6, 7, 7.5...it doesn't matter. The Only question and explanation we need is why are the 2.7 engines being overfilled from the factory period, irregardless of how many quarts.

People are getting too caught up in who said what and what part number of dip stick. When Fords right hand (aka the dipstick MAX line) matches Fords left hand (aka the oil amount put in from the factory) are in sync, then all other questions will be answered.

But right now they are not, and Ford continues to overfill from the factory and this is something that I've never seen in any of the new vehicles I've purchased... Not even other Fords.
LOL!
So, you KNOW that they've been OVERFILLED.......you are way ahead of everyone else......good for you joker.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

LOL!
So, you KNOW that they've been OVERFILLED.......you are way ahead of everyone else......good for you joker.
Huh? That's my point..Ford says dry fill is 7.5, oil change is 6, but has never once gave any explanation as to why they are coming from the factory overfilled.

A brand new dry engine with 7.5 qrts should put the dipstick at max. An oil change with only 6 qts should put the dipstick at max.

And yet Broncos leave the factory with oil level high above Max, with whatever dipstick they have determined...thus overfilled.

Let me look for some crayons

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So whatā€™s the deal. Is it 6 or 7 qts? Iā€™m getting my first oil change tomorrow. Why the F is this a debate? Oil capacity should not be open to interpretationā€¦ I donā€™t give a S if itā€™s 6 or 7 qt, I just want it be be right.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So whatā€™s the deal. Is it 6 or 7 qts? Iā€™m getting my first oil change tomorrow. Why the F is this a debate? Oil capacity should not be open to interpretationā€¦ I donā€™t give a S if itā€™s 6 or 7 qt, I just want it be be right.
6 per that latest information from Ford. (7 according to folks who believed Ford initially but now refuse to accept the latest information). If you type your VIN at the Ford site for HTML manuals it will confirm 6. Short story...use 6 if you believe Ford, 7 if you don't.
Sponsored