Sponsored

Ford + Google = No Thank You. Ford Navigation to be Powered by Android Starting 2023

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They probably need real time GPS tracking to make heads or tails of what you do in your car

Just put one of these GPS blockers in your Vehicle

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2937835461...RmzjiJPsWlBEmM5B3E088Ny6ivs1ogHAaAqm7EALw_wcB
No, you are just buying extra crap
Disconnect the gps antenna is free.

But then the LTE connection can provide location data too. As well as if you connect the Wi-Fi. So there is that. Eventually the 4g band the modem uses will getsupplanted with 5g and will no longer work. It’s happened twice with Ford, first my 2013 had a 2g modem, and my 2019 had a 3g modem. All the carriers ditched those bands as they are old and have been retired.

Android sucks, on top of all this….
Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

When an automaker "strategically partners" with the world's preeminent data scraper in our brave new corporate surveillance state, what could go wrong? :mad:

“Once you have a platform that lets you get data and analyze it,” he continued. “There's lots of very simple but transformative experiences that you can offer drivers: for example, assisting them when they need to schedule a service appointment with the dealer or helping them shop for cars better by personalizing the shopping experiences.
Yeah, this will prevent me from buying another bronco. Anti-Google here!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

When an automaker "strategically partners" with the world's preeminent data scraper in our brave new corporate surveillance state, what could go wrong? :mad:

“Once you have a platform that lets you get data and analyze it,” he continued. “There's lots of very simple but transformative experiences that you can offer drivers: for example, assisting them when they need to schedule a service appointment with the dealer or helping them shop for cars better by personalizing the shopping experiences.
surveillance cameras ever where, easy access to RFID readers and lets face by age 12 most kids are competent coders and pretty good hackers.

If this is something that bothers you it's probably time to move in to that bunker and cut all ties to technology.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If this is something that bothers you it's probably time to move in to that bunker and cut all ties to technology.
Or I can be vigilant and selective with the technologies/companies I choose to interact with/do business with and the permissions I give them to track and monitor me.

kimmiemom64

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I just took delivery of my 2022 Bronco Base. Coming from a line of Ford products that had Sync 3 systems, I was excited to continue that amazing trend. Until. Waaa waa waa. I kept trying to use it as I have been and it kept opening Google Assistant. I didn't know. I went back to the dealership. Not one, but two salespersons attempted to 'fix' my phone link and chalked it up to my android phone being old. Then I did my own research. Much to my dismay I find out Ford made a deal with the devil and signed a 6 year contract with google. Good Lord, Henry must be rolling in his grave! I would give anything to swap out the modules from my Escape to my Bronco just to have Sync 3 again! I hate google assistant. It still doesn't work properly and shame on the dealership for not even knowing this was a change! And Android Auto is awful as well. oh well.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just took delivery of my 2022 Bronco Base. Coming from a line of Ford products that had Sync 3 systems, I was excited to continue that amazing trend. Until. Waaa waa waa. I kept trying to use it as I have been and it kept opening Google Assistant. I didn't know. I went back to the dealership. Not one, but two salespersons attempted to 'fix' my phone link and chalked it up to my android phone being old. Then I did my own research. Much to my dismay I find out Ford made a deal with the devil and signed a 6 year contract with google. Good Lord, Henry must be rolling in his grave! I would give anything to swap out the modules from my Escape to my Bronco just to have Sync 3 again! I hate google assistant. It still doesn't work properly and shame on the dealership for not even knowing this was a change! And Android Auto is awful as well. oh well.
Get an iPhone. 😁

Ford Bronco Ford + Google = No Thank You. Ford Navigation to be Powered by Android Starting 2023 1661873368561

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fuse 20 is the telematics modem. Unless Ford cripples their in-vehicle navigation in the future, or other features to make it require constant connectivity, it should be as easy as this... it disables all of Ford's current location tracking.... and there is definitely plenty of it going in pre-2023.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are all of you guys forgetting where you get your maps? It ain't Apple if you're smart. 🤓

I'd be thrilled to get Android in the Bronco. Right now I've got Alexa and some sort of Ford software that will either never updates or will never let me know what it has updated, and it can't even recognize a key fob.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you using the voice prompts with the steering wheel button?

I was trying to figure out how to get Siri to respond to voice commands. It's a long press of the steering wheel button.
A short press will bring up the Ford voice assistant. You can also setup key word recognition, like "Hey, Ford" or something.
At least on my 2021 Badlands Lux

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-4/how-do-i-use-voice-commands-with-sync-4/

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You will be forced to activate Ford pass when you take delivery. We (dealers) get penalized if you don't so play nice and go ahead and activate. If you don't want it after a few weeks delete and uninstall it. You will lose some features like remote start and lock and unlock from your phone but if you don't care about that this is your option. From what we've seen on other vehicles the transmitter is built into other modules which makes it impossible to physically disconnect. Someone with programming skills out there needs to start working on this.

Tracking my phone is my choice. Tracking a vehicle I own should also be my choice, not mandated by the people who think they are entitled to my data.
Dealers and salesmen whine like 5yr olds for you to acvtivate it a give them a good review for Ford. I should be allowed to do all that on my own. I am an adult.

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
agreed. plus if you use other navigation apps like Gaia, apple and google maps don't even include trails, etc.
I thought when the Bronco was announced in 2020 it was supposed to have an off road map program.
Sponsored