William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just like a Millennial to think everyone else is a Boomer. :rolleyes:
Just like a boomer to think everyone is a millennial and not be able to take a joke.
Sponsored

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, 7.3L Excursion, Multiple TDI's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 12" screen definitely has HD radio. Cant speak to the 8" but I would find it hard to believe it does not have it. Has been pretty standard for Ford to support HD radio for years now.
I have the Mid-package with the 8". Definitely NO HD. It's really stupid to have HD has part of an upgrade package.

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m Gen X, and listen to the radio daily. Seriously, I don’t ha e time for Spotify and I’m not paying for XM!

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this is an old thread but I have a 22 badlands with the high package but I don’t think I have HD radio. I don’t even see a radio options in the settings menu. Kind of a bummer, assumed I would have HD radio.

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know this is an old thread but I have a 22 badlands with the high package but I don’t think I have HD radio. I don’t even see a radio options in the settings menu. Kind of a bummer, assumed I would have HD radio.
I think ford thought to themselves.. nobody will even be able to tell if it’s analog or HD FM on our trash EQ and speakers and if they figure it out, we’ll just say “chip shortage”. no reason give them an extra $15 of technology in their $60k vehicle

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, 7.3L Excursion, Multiple TDI's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think ford thought to themselves.. nobody will even be able to tell if it’s analog or HD FM on our trash EQ and speakers and if they figure it out, we’ll just say “chip shortage”. no reason give them an extra $15 of technology in their $60k vehicle
Yeah, because we won't notice the extra two channels on every frequency are missing?

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya, I was just being a smart ass. I thought everyone listened to Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, eBooks, etc. Vs. The radio. Can’t remember when I last turned on the radio in my Jeep, and I live in a major market.
I choose to support artists, never ever stream! lol

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'll throw this millennial/boomer argument for a loop by saying i'm a millennial and not only do i listen to the radio but when I do, it's NPR.

I worked in the broadcast industry when HD first hit the market. It was supposed to be the savior when lobbying satellite radio wasnt enough to prevent eroding rev share from satellite and streaming. it did increase TAM but the cume and TSL on HD is too low for it to register in Nielsen's ratings for any stations outside NYC and LA. So, it's simply used as value add throw in for the most part. I'll add that my exposure is now about decade removed now that i'm in a different industry.

The benefit to consumers is 50-70% more free audio choices in niche genres.
HOWEVER, you needed new hardware to access it and the lifecycle of automotive hardware, your radio receiver, is so long that it could never 'take off' as a new mass media option.. "So i need two radios to get an additional 6 or 7 free radio stations? no thanks" There was no premium perceived by consumers, unlike satellite which had hundreds of stations plus stern and national sports coverage.

All to say, that consumers and ad buyers by and large just dont care about HD radio, and so, neither do the content providers nor Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited: