dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When is the end of the 3rd quarter for them?

9/30 is only a couple weeks away
Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

While I have mine, I feel everyone's pain. Mine was built in June of '21. Didn't get it until almost the end of January '22. Don't get your hopes up on getting your rig even though you have build dates. The last build weeks for '22's won't see them until the new year at the earliest. Ford has no clue how a reservation system works. Part shortages or not.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get this affects some Broncos but here in Kentucky there are Super Duty’s busting out the seams of every open parking space in town. They are filling up the speedway again. I imagine most of the 40k are probably pickup trucks. There are buses running almost 24/7 to shuttle drivers around moving chassis cabs and pickups in every direction.

The fairgrounds down the street from my house was full of expeditions in the spring and now it’s all escapes. Probably a few hundred. But if you have any space to rent Ford is interested. Maybe metro Detroit is the same.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But let's build FORD Raptors, Bronco Raptors, Lightning, Maverick, etc. Yes there are constraints. But FORD is selective in what they are building versus what they are not.

I've said it before and I will keep saying it until everyone of my reservation holding brothers and sisters have their truck. FORD did this purposely. This is a complete failure of a company. They do not honor their reservation holders with this behavior that will continue through next year at least.
Yeah right, Ford did it on purpose, said no shareholder of the company ever. WHY would they do it on purpose, this is their business????

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But let's build FORD Raptors, Bronco Raptors, Lightning, Maverick, etc. Yes there are constraints. But FORD is selective in what they are building versus what they are not.

I've said it before and I will keep saying it until everyone of my reservation holding brothers and sisters have their truck. FORD did this purposely. This is a complete failure of a company. They do not honor their reservation holders with this behavior that will continue through next year at least.
Username checks out.

Yardo //

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKX (for sale), 1976 CJ-7 (for sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well unfortunately this explains where my build has disappeared to. It's been weeks since I've seen an update. My tracker is stuck on in production. My blend date was 8/19. Crickets ever since.

IEBronco24

Wildtrak
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XL Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well unfortunately this explains where my build has disappeared to. It's been weeks since I've seen an update. My tracker is stuck on in production. My blend date was 8/19. Crickets ever since.
its crazy, I was a last minute add, blend date of 8/22 and just picked up my bronco from the dealer today. doesnt make any sense that i would get mine in a month but most other haven't received theirs for months now.

Yardo //

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKX (for sale), 1976 CJ-7 (for sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its crazy, I was a last minute add, blend date of 8/22 and just picked up my bronco from the dealer today. doesnt make any sense that i would get mine in a month but most other haven't received theirs for months now.
It's a crap shoot. Dealer has thrown his hands up and just said he's sorry but there's not much to report. No updates and no information on status or delays. Ford chat says they haven't seen any holds or constraints listed. There's simply no idea from anyone where my build is or its status.

I thought I'd have it by my birthday this weekend and that's looking definitely unlikely. Maybe Christmas? That'll put me on the 2 year mark.

Sponsored

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah right, Ford did it on purpose, said no shareholder of the company ever. WHY would they do it on purpose, this is their business????
exactly. China is having the same issues. If china is having some issues with supply, then we’re in trouble.

ayacht

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Expedition, F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a good friend lives a few streets over from me. He has deep knowledge of the issues and is on the phone with every auto mfg each day including Ford. His company does the chips which go into many components in vehicles. The chips are in transmission, airbag, lighting control, etc and you get the jist. 12 months ago he explained that we all screwed them and this issue will be 18 - 24 months to resolve. When auto mfg went down in pandemic the fabs who make the wafers and base silicon switch over to higher end ones that go into tvs, computers, etc. As we all bought a ton of those and crushed that market. I know because I am in that market and it is finally seeing some sign of inventory recovery now.

So then we have this thing called just in time inventory JIT and it really is that. They had spent decades getting it down to a science literally and it was very profitable until one day a little bug called COVID infected the world. Once the supplies dried up in less than 30 days the deficits started and piled up each month. This has had a snowball effect because we all continued to place orders. Also they cannot just change the JIT like flipping a switch. Everything in the process is tied to it and it is a culture. You can bet they will work to fix this issue but that will take years to happen.

Auto makers further exacerbated the issue when they went on the offensive ordering way more than they needed and could use. Thinking they will get them that much quicker but it only blew up the entire down stream system. Down stream had to put in new rules like pay upfront for your order because auto makers were creating ghost orders then canceling them when they got enough of that part. This system is trying to adapt and normalize post COVID and I think we see it in another 6 to 12 months. Right on my buddies original time line.

He even on one call told the Ford guys that they need to get the broncos done or he is going to get pummeled by his buddy. It was a good ice breaker before he told them what they could really get. A little bit deeper insight that it I not all Ford here and if they could get them done they would.
Sponsored