First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not just Ford and it’s not just ICs. There is a massive shift in the supply chain architecture and manufacturing locations taking place right now. The reset will take investment and time - a lot of time.
Sponsored

Uncle Willie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1932 Ford,1936 Ford, 2015 F150 and a 2020 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How about publishing an actual phone number at Ford so we can voice our opinion or actually check our build. Not the Bronco Support #, Not the Marketing Program and not Customer Satisfaction ..they are all the same BS. I have a vin # now but with the 2023's are in the order bank ,who wants to pay full money for a year old Bronco before you ever get to see it. The 2023's will be at the dealer before mine arrives. Think they will give me a year end discount....I don't think so,

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was built on 9 August. 4 door base model with SAS....Expected delivery was 22 August...Still no Bronco. Dealership said that the Zone Rep will no longer give them information about vehicles that they are waiting on 🙈
I don't know what's worse: waiting because your vehicle hasn't been scheduled for production or... knowing that it's partially built and sitting somewhere outdoors in a lot awaiting parts. Ughh....

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When is the end of the 3rd quarter for them?

9/30 is only a couple weeks away
I think you're right; earnings statements are published quarterly over the Calendar Year (CY). So, 3rd QTR would be Jul-Aug-Sep. Different from Manufacturing Year (MY).

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

It obviously demand that is driving up the prices but this video does a nice job on explaining what happened to the chips. There was another article I read that said that Ford (and other automakers) rely on their parts suppliers to order the chips and they Ford (for example) doesn't order the chips directly. But that Ford would be changing that model and taking a more active role in procuring the chips.

Unfortunately that process takes a while.
there are 4 new chip plants being built in ohio now, so not an immediate fix but long term hopefully we can get chips here in the US sooner than later and have less supply problems

Sponsored

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

there are 4 new chip plants being built in ohio now, so not an immediate fix but long term hopefully we can get chips here in the US sooner than later and have less supply problems
That sounds like an awesome plan, a year or so late but a plan nonetheless.

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope it's been mentioned here, but this isn't just Broncos that they're talking about. I know for a fact that there are probably 20k or more Superduty pickups, Expeditions, and Navigators sitting at the Kentucky Speedway, awaiting parts. The supply chain is in a state of total unpredictable chaos. Even if the parts were to miraculously appear to finish all of these vehicles tomorrow, it will still take days, if not weeks, to install the missing parts and run the units back through the End-of-Line quality check process.

Ford doesn't want to keep these trucks held back. I don't get the reasoning that some people have, where they think that Ford is purposefully holding these vehicles back in order to drive up demand and prices. They want to sell these units and get them out of inventory. Every unit that is sitting in a waiting yard somewhere has to be accounted for via asset tax on a quarterly basis. Not to mention, they have to pay to rent these parking lots where the units are stored. They have to pay for security to babysit those lots. They have to pay overtime to the repair techs who are then sent to the lots to install, program, and test these units. The last thing that the company wants is to sit on 40-45k unsold vehicles for any second longer than absolutely necessary. It's nothing personal against you, or me, or any other customer. It's just the way they're playing the shitty hand they were dealt.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'd think this would mean they can make MIC top kits available to us, but nooooooo
It's hard to believe after this many months, hardtops are apparently still a constraint. They are made here in the USA? Is Ford still having production process issues, or is the problem getting hardtop materials?

I wonder about constraints resolving anytime soon, if hardtops are still an issue.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With my October build coming up, it will be a Miracle if I get my 22 by November.

Realistically, it may arrive in 23 sometime.

ThomasK

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak & 2018 F150 Supercrew Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But let's build FORD Raptors, Bronco Raptors, Lightning, Maverick, etc. Yes there are constraints. But FORD is selective in what they are building versus what they are not.

I've said it before and I will keep saying it until everyone of my reservation holding brothers and sisters have their truck. FORD did this purposely. This is a complete failure of a company. They do not honor their reservation holders with this behavior that will continue through next year at least.
Could not have said it better myself.

Sponsored

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yikes...This week is my build week. I guess I should adjust my expectations for 2022.

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's hard to believe after this many months, hardtops are apparently still a constraint. They are made here in the USA? Is Ford still having production process issues, or is the problem getting hardtop materials?

I wonder about constraints resolving anytime soon, if hardtops are still an issue.
Ford Doesn't build the hard tops in-house. They are sourced from a supplier called Webasto. Seeing as how Webasto is a manufacturer in their own rite, they are suffering from the same supply chain issues as everyone else.
The problem started when their first iteration (MIC v1.0) had issues with delamination. They already had a few thousand tops made and shipped to the Ford plant when they were notified that they would have to redesign, retool, and remake the initial tops, along with filling the remaining orders.
Webasto doesn't just make the Bronco MIC top though, so they had to continue filling their other orders, along with trying to meet Ford's demands for the updated tops.

That's how stuff gets backlogged. It's a combination of "shit happens" and the Lean Manufacturing/ "Just In Time" manufacturing philosophy. Everything works great when everything is working great. One little monkey wrench can cause the "butterfly effect" to spiral out of control, leading us to multiple-year waiting lists, dirt mountains, and pissed off consumers.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guys, I’m going to give Ford some credit here. If this report is indeed true, it means that even with a backup of a staggering 45K units, that they must have just gotten in a very large backorder of chips.

Since Q3 is almost over, the installs will happen within the next few weeks and these orders can be transported to the owners and dealerships; this is very promising!

Having been critical on having eyes too big for their ability to deliver, this shows that they’re working hard to catch up and put these issues behind them. Hopefully there were some hard lessons learned and adjustments made to be even more agile and improve forecasting.

Truth told, Ford wasn’t in a good place in early 2020. That CEO was beyond his ability and the company had been in some dire financial outlooks, then Bronco happened, that Mustang EV thing, then Maverick, then Lightning and now the outlook is much more favorable for their future under Farley.

Let’s all be fair here and give credit where it’s earned and be optimistic that they can deliver while also getting rid of those of us who ordered a Bronco back in 2020 and bitch to no end! :ROFLMAO:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was built on 9 August. 4 door base model with SAS....Expected delivery was 22 August...Still no Bronco. Dealership said that the Zone Rep will no longer give them information about vehicles that they are waiting on 🙈
I was built on August 9th of last year and didn't take delivery til Feb. I hope you have better luck. It's crazy how little has changed in a year.
Sponsored