Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rail cart
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So for 2300$ from High to Lux they offer us:
1) "2 additional front row smart-charging USB ports" - 10$ car charger on Amazon
2) "Wireless charging pad" - wireless car charger - 35$ on Amazon
3) "Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System" - built-in in Android Auto/Apple Carplay - free
4) Heated steering wheel - OK (how often is it used?)
5) "Evasive Steering Assist" - you need to start maneuvering by yourself, why not finish by yourself? but OK.
6) "B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer" - OK
7) "Adaptive Cruise Control" - this is the only feature I really need.
8) "Universal garage door opener" - OK, but device which can open any garage door costs 150$

Then, funny fact - necessary hardware for "Adaptive Cruise Control" and "Evasive Steering Assist" is already included in lower trims! (radar + camera). This is only software-activated feature.
I really hope "Adaptive Cruise Control" will be available ala carte.

So for 2300$ we have in reality:
Subwoofer, heated wheel, 200$ accessories from Amazon and few software-activated features. Really??

What's your thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

AK0311

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jeep Renegade TH and a 97 Kawasaki Vulcan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The heated wheel is nice. My current vehicle has it and I use it better than half the year with my arthritis. Heated seats makes me feel like I've pissed myself, but the wheel is nice. As for the other stuff, I agree. Is a heated wheel worth that much? Not when looking at other Ford vehicles Build and Price shows many items are available ala carte.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You seem surprised. Don’t be. Automakers love to nickel and dime people.

The only thing I really want in the lux package is the sound system. I have cruise control on my truck and never use it. I live in S.C. so I definitely don’t need heated seats or steering wheel either. Maybe i’ll just get the high package and add a good sound system later. However, $2300 on top of $40,000+ isn’t much so who knows. Play it by ear once B&P comes out then i’ll make a decision.

Last edited:

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think you're right, but I plan for this to be my daughter's first vehicle in 15yrs. Also I started looking at Fox racing 3.0 live valve coilovers (in case I decide to build a long travel setup), the shocks alone are 8k... i guess the lux package isn't so expensive... haha

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You seem surprised. Don’t be. Automakers love to nickel and dime people.

The only thing I really want in the lux package is the sound system. I have cruise control on my truck and never use it. I live in S.C. so I definitely don’t need heated seats or steering wheel either. Maybe i’ll just get the high package and add a good sound system later. However, $2300 on top of $40,000+ isn’t much so who knows. Play it by ear once B&P comes out then i’ll make a decision.
I don't need the heated steering wheel, but I'll take all of the other stuff.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My FE coming standard with Lux package. But if I decide on Wildtrak, I will be adding Lux package. As I do want B&O sound system, ESA, ACC and heated steering wheel. All nice features in my book and worth paying extra to get them. But I'm sure alot of folks could care less about these features, hence won't be adding a Lux package.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is a terrible value. I do really want the heated wheel (Michigan), and BO audio, but the pricing is so off I know I'd be overpaying for it. I feel like the other crap was just thrown on top so it looks somewhat reasonable on paper.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You will not be able to adapt fox live wire coil overs to the bronco as it requires sensors (mechanical and digital) for it to work. For example 2017-2018 raptors comes with reg fox shocks while 2019-2020 raptors comes with fox live shocks. You can not run the live shocks on 2017-18 trucks.

I predict The raptor bronco will be equipped with live shocks.

I think you're right, but I plan for this to be my daughter's first vehicle in 15yrs. Also I started looking at Fox racing 3.0 live valve coilovers (in case I decide to build a long travel setup), the shocks alone are 8k... i guess the lux package isn't so expensive... haha

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I doubt ACC will not be a stand alone option as no other ford models allows for it to be stand alone. ACC always is always part of the lux package.

So for 2300$ from High to Lux they offer us:
1) "2 additional front row smart-charging USB ports" - 10$ car charger on Amazon
2) "Wireless charging pad" - wireless car charger - 35$ on Amazon
3) "Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System" - built-in in Android Auto/Apple Carplay - free
4) Heated steering wheel - OK (how often is it used?)
5) "Evasive Steering Assist" - you need to start maneuvering by yourself, why not finish by yourself? but OK.
6) "B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer" - OK
7) "Adaptive Cruise Control" - this is the only feature I really need.
8) "Universal garage door opener" - OK, but device which can open any garage door costs 150$

Then, funny fact - necessary hardware for "Adaptive Cruise Control" and "Evasive Steering Assist" is already included in lower trims! (radar + camera). This is only software-activated feature.
I really hope "Adaptive Cruise Control" will be available ala carte.

So for 2300$ we have in reality:
Subwoofer, heated wheel, 200$ accessories from Amazon and few software-activated features. Really??

What's your thoughts?

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heated wheel is the only thing I want. Silly it's not grouped with the heated seats in the Mid package or in a stand alone cold weather package. Money grab at it's finest.
Ford used to have a winter package for their vehicles that included heated seats and steering wheel.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Only a software activated feature", you mean like Nav? With the right sync system owners could activate factory navigation on their Fords for about $25.00 investment in a SD map card and a free ForScan account. I don't see anything off on the pricing for the package, this is common.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I doubt ACC will not be a stand alone option as no other ford models allows for it to be stand alone. ACC always is always part of the lux package.
My research says the same.

I really want ACC. And IMO it’s a safety thing that shouldn’t be packaged. My subaru has it and it’s my favorite feature on the car. Guess what, subaru now has eyesight standard over past year or so because they want their customers to have the safety (also better for safety scores). Ford seems to have the opposite opinion by including it in the highest of highest packages not even available on more than half their trims.

Either way I’m getting lux since I was planning on getting B&O standalone (which I think it will be offered as standalone). So am I paying / will be paying 500-1500 extra for ACC (depending on B&O price as a standalone) yes, I am. I’m just thankful they didn’t add more crap to the lux package which I’d have to pay even more to get ACC. It was a sigh of relief when I saw lux was 2300. I had a bad feeling it was going to be worse and I would have a tougher decision on how much ACC meant to me. Looks like it’s more of a no brainer at 2300 inclusive of B&O. Don’t care much about the other features

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford used to have a winter package for their vehicles that included heated seats and steering wheel.
Most manufacturers have a cold weather package of some kind. As I said this is just a money grab to get people to bump a trim level and add Lux.
Sponsored