MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like how the two door Bad Lands model image on the B&P has doors that don’t match the body color. Lol
Sponsored

Broncobadlands2023

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only Ford can regurgitate a B&P for the 3rd year on a model that has zero changes outside of some colors and still have issues all over it. 😂 Update the pricing and change the year.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because this is Bronco, where people buy who have little or no use for much of the functionalities. How many Sas are used all on pavement? Some guy who wants a particular version for the image or whatever, is now having to lay out an extra 5k for HOSS 3.0, for which he will never get his money back in terms of actual usage.
As I said, my build is exactly $985 more than it was and HOSS 3.0 was $2515. So the difference is $3500 from a 2022 non HOSS 3.0 build. If its coming up $5k difference, the extra $1500 is coming from something else.

And he will get it back in terms of a better ride every single day. Unlike those that buy a Badlands and pay for the electronic sway bar disconnect that they will never use.

Literally the only reason I went WT was HOSS 3.0. Otherwise, an OBX with the rest of the options I selected and Squatch (I refuse to call it SAS since that has precedence as "solid axle swap") would be the exact same as the WT would have been last year. As for image, yeah, I guess the mall crawler who wants to claim he has the top of the line would go for the WT (even though a strong argument could be made that the BL is the real top of the line (excluding Raptor).

Either way, the packaging and pricing is not a la carte and they changed the packaging, nothing you or I complaining about it is going to change.

The one thing that keeps my gf out of the OBX is that she actually likes the Broncos in the seat back which is not available in the OBX cloth, but was in the WT.

😂

Really... but at least I will get to drive it with HOSS 3.0 but I would have never ordered it!
OK, I'll concede, you just made a valid argument.

I'm back to debating the high package. I figure I won't get mine for over a year meanwhile my trade keeps losing value. Only upside is I keep stashing what my truck payment was while I wait.

Last edited:

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Get the advanced 4x4 transfer case with the 4.27 rear locker, if for no other reason than resale value.
Sadly I just spoke to my salesman and he said if I change to 4.27 I'll lost my price protection. Stink.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sadly I just spoke to my salesman and he said if I change to 4.27 I'll lost my price protection. Stink.
Unfortunately that makes sense because you would be changing the chassis from an E5A or E5B, to an E5C or E5D respectively. It's the equivalent of changing trims to be honest. I forgot about that issue.

Sponsored

Simple Man

Black Diamond
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Subaru Outback MT,'70 F-250 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Link works and base went up $1,195 from the $31,300, pushing the limit I was willing to pay. Probably will have to wait six months I guessing that won't look as bad by then?

I can get a HE with everything I want except aux switches ( an easy add), and I really like the plaid interior. But I'm not too thrilled with the colors choices. Race red looks good and carbonized gray doesn't look as good with the white top.

Getting that white MOD top is the biggest reason to go with HE and my base build with Sasquatch and aux switches is $41,470 while a HE with the switches is $46,095. Very close to $5,000 for a MOD top and the plaid interior. but why VB isn't a color is beyond me, I would really be tempted.

Good points made. You're also getting/paying for the mid package as standard which is not available on the Base. I'm in the same boat as you. I would be giving up the EG for Race Red.

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unfortunately that makes sense because you would be changing the chassis from an E5A or E5B, to an E5C or E5D respectively. It's the equivalent of changing trims to be honest. I forgot about that issue.
Yep, that's basically what he said. Oh well. I'll just be happy to get my Bronco. I've been driving a Prius with a busted AC for 6 years and it just got rear ended the other day so I'm ready to move on. Of course with no VIN in sight who knows what my timeline will be.🤷‍♂️

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
1000% not true, It’s gone up almost 2K since then, it was still only a $250 bump (28,295) in August 2020, not sure where you got your figures from. The options have gone up quite a bit so that base MSRP is misleading. Who buys a Wrangler and doesn’t add a single option whatsoever, 2 out of every 1000? Regardless, my point still stands, everything has gone up a lot. I’m not even a Ford apologist, they can go to hell.

6A91F588-F3A6-4BB7-9398-669662AB0B98.jpeg
Your $28k figure doesn't include the mandatory $1500 delivery charge, which effectively makes it $29.5k. A 2022 is $31.5k after delivery charges. Looks like the source I was using was inconsistently including the delivery charge in MSRP, however a $2k price increase over 3 years is still much less egregious than a $4k price increase over 2 years.

jasonam22

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2023 FAQ says anyone who ordered prior to March 11, 2022 gets done degree of price protection and similar build cost if you haven't changed builds since.

RadarX42

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2007 JK, 2013 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Just visited my dealer. Order banks still not open, they shared that it should be open about 5 pm. Hopefully I'll be able to get them to modify my Black Diamond to a Heritage.

Sponsored

StarPony

Badlands
First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone's dealer been successful in accessing the '23 system to make changes yet today? I'd much rather go in person to see my dealer vs email, but want to make sure i'm not wasting my time going all the way there (about 30 minutes away) if it's not open yet. Otherwise I'll pop in on Friday when i'm in the area for HH with Friends.

And I'm making more than just basic/color changes - so I want to make sure they are done, signed for, and released from P'99, and not ignored If I sent the changes in an email. (I know... I'll lose PP but I've waited this long... might as well get what I want).

McLovin80

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 M240i, 95 Prelude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford really makes getting a manual trans difficult. Been following since the beginning waiting for them to loosen it up a bit.

I thought they were going to allow 7sp with Mid Package on Black Diamond for 2023? I guess my only decent option is Badlands.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else appreciate they updated the site so you can select your additional packages up front? Now you don’t get all those prompts, you just add the package outright. Small but I noticed and it makes it a lot more enjoyable to price things out.

roboticsrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford really makes getting a manual trans difficult. Been following since the beginning waiting for them to loosen it up a bit.

I thought they were going to allow 7sp with Mid Package on Black Diamond for 2023? I guess my only decent option is Badlands.
You can get the Heritage with a 7MT and Mid, but if you don't want the white accents, top, and dash, your only option is Badlands with a 7MT and either Mid or High.

PVB90

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone's dealer been successful in accessing the '23 system to make changes yet today? I'd much rather go in person to see my dealer vs email, but want to make sure i'm not wasting my time going all the way there (about 30 minutes away) if it's not open yet. Otherwise I'll pop in on Friday when i'm in the area for HH with Friends.

And I'm making more than just basic/color changes - so I want to make sure they are done, signed for, and released from P'99, and not ignored If I sent the changes in an email. (I know... I'll lose PP but I've waited this long... might as well get what I want).
I just went to my dealer, system is currently down for dealers to "convert MY22 orders to MY23." This did not involve the MY23 build and price tool that everyone is using.

He showed me his screen with my order, the option to convert is simply greyed out... No saying when that will change.

If anyone has any news on that or can share when there dealer has successfully rolled their order over to a MY23... would be great to know
Sponsored