First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's another shot of lightning next to another color they should have offered. Leadfoot.

18A9848C-92DB-4AAF-B74E-EF0338618A9D.jpeg
I was walking through a dealer the other day thinking the same thing about the lead foot. Really surprised they didn't offer this color.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do any of the current blue options look like this? I am having such a hard time actually figuring out what these stinking colors they are offering actually look like.
No. That would be closer to grabber or nitrous blue.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lead foot would be my top choice if available. As for the blues, I’ll take antimatter blue. I think it looks good with the black wheels and I like how it changes color depending on the light.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Leadfoot was another non metallic color and agree that could/should be a bronco color

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford has moved away from Lightning Blue on just about everything but Ranger for 2020. LB was replaced by Velocity Blue on the rest of the lineup, and I'm sure that'll be the case for the 2021 Ranger as well.

I have LB on my Mustang and love it. But I also like VB a lot as well. I have no problem getting VB.....LB or VB would've been my choice either way. If VB weren't available, I 'm not sure what I would've gotten.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grabber is my most wanted Bronco color. I'm hoping in a year or two they will offer it.
Considering Ford is offering Grabber Blue on the Mustang Mach E I am surprised it didnt make it onto the Bronco. The demand for it is VERY high. They might be saving it for the future "Raptor Bronco/Warthog" premium version coming out in a few years.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering Ford is offering Grabber Blue on the Mustang Mach E I am surprised it didnt make it onto the Bronco. The demand for it is VERY high. They might be saving it for the future "Raptor Bronco/Warthog" premium version coming out in a few years.
I think the demand is only high among those who want it. The 2011 production numbers show Grabber Blue only getting about a third of the Kona Blue sales.

I prefer to just drive what I want off the lot exactly how I'll drive it until I'm done with it, but I may have to make an exception due to the colors offered.

Area 51 is basically a French blue; light.
Velocity Blue, despite some color graded pics and videos, is light.
Antimatter Blue, aptly named due to the common description of antimatter as blue-black, is too close to black in a way that reminds me of many Japanese sedan color offerings being just subtle hues of silver.

I'm probably going to just drive my Bronco right to a respected paint shop and have them do the whole thing in something completely different.

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the demand is only high among those who want it. The 2011 production numbers show Grabber Blue only getting about a third of the Kona Blue sales.

I prefer to just drive what I want off the lot exactly how I'll drive it until I'm done with it, but I may have to make an exception due to the colors offered.

Area 51 is basically a French blue; light.
Velocity Blue, despite some color graded pics and videos, is light.
Antimatter Blue, aptly named due to the common description of antimatter as blue-black, is too close to black in a way that reminds me of many Japanese sedan color offerings being just subtle hues of silver.

I'm probably going to just drive my Bronco right to a respected paint shop and have them do the whole thing in something completely different.
I can’t argue with statistics. I think Grabber Blue being one of the most well known vintage Bronco colors is why I’ve seen such a high demand. Could be just because I’m on a forum of die hard fans as well

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Velocity blue is only a tick lighter than Lightning blue. I'd still consider it a medium blue.

Ford Bronco Why Velocity Blue over Lightning Blue 7A934FF6-5E62-4876-8DE8-5520658AD21A
This is closer to what I see in person...
Ford Bronco Why Velocity Blue over Lightning Blue 20180728_142938_HDR

...too much lighter than my Lightning Blue F150 for my taste.

OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...too much lighter than my Lightning Blue F150 for my taste.
I agree. I stopped and looked at an Edge/Escape that was Lightning Blue today, love the color! That would be my pick if it was available. Velocity is too bright, or too light...not sure what it is exactly I don't like about it...I want to like it, it just doesn't hit for me...

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree. I stopped and looked at an Edge/Escape that was Lightning Blue today, love the color! That would be my pick if it was available. Velocity is too bright, or too light...not sure what it is exactly I don't like about it...I want to like it, it just doesn't hit for me...

It is brighter true. Seems like it has extra pearl in it. But not in direct sunlight it's not much lighter than Lightning. I don't really care for velocity either. I loved my F-150 in lightning.

targas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can anyone that has Velocity Blue speak to how well it does or doesn't hide scratches?

I originally planned to go CO until this late addition was announced, but I think CO will hide scratches better but this blue is lighter so......
Sponsored