Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So for the past week or so I have been smelling burning oil when I got home from work. Didn’t see anything when I looked under the hood and under the Bronco initially. Looked again tonight and there is oil pretty much everywhere on the drivers side, bottom of the engine, skid plates, oil cooler etc. 14,100 miles. The oil feels thick like it might actually be gear lube from the front diff seal and not motor oil. Going to take it in tomorrow but I am already on a waiting list with two different dealers to get an appointment -been 6 weeks now... will update if I can get a diagnosis tomorrow. #@fordmotorcompany can you help?

3F9D87D3-BDA6-4B96-BEDC-5A9A70E63472.jpeg

5F1CF1EF-36D1-4494-8B78-11D17FE0CB24.jpeg

4128E165-137B-43A3-B670-0E0BDE9334D0.jpeg
Sponsored

Gooch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same symptoms with my 2.3 Sas. It was actually transmission fluid. It was a bad seal. Ford wouldn’t let the dealer replace the seal. They wanted the entire transmission replaced. Took dealer 3 days to get a new tranny in.

This was one week into ownership, not even 200 miles on it when I noticed the spots in the driveway.
I would at least check with the dealer to have them indentify the fluid. My dealer didn’t want me driving around while waiting on the new tranny due to possible damage.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same symptoms with my 2.3 Sas. It was actually transmission fluid. It was a bad seal. Ford wouldn’t let the dealer replace the seal. They wanted the entire transmission replaced. Took dealer 3 days to get a new tranny in.

This was one week into ownership, not even 200 miles on it when I noticed the spots in the driveway.
I would at least check with the dealer to have them indentify the fluid. My dealer didn’t want me driving around while waiting on the new tranny due to possible damage.
They probably wanted to troubleshoot the trans. Not uncommon for entire part replacement on newer models.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So for the past week or so I have been smelling burning oil when I got home from work. Didn’t see anything when I looked under the hood and under the Bronco initially. Looked again tonight and there is oil pretty much everywhere on the drivers side, bottom of the engine, skid plates, oil cooler etc. 14,100 miles. The oil feels thick like it might actually be gear lube from the front diff seal and not motor oil. Going to take it in tomorrow but I am already on a waiting list with two different dealers to get an appointment -been 6 weeks now... will update if I can get a diagnosis tomorrow. #@fordmotorcompany can you help?

Ford Bronco Burning smell and oil leak 2.3 SAS 4128E165-137B-43A3-B670-0E0BDE9334D0

Ford Bronco Burning smell and oil leak 2.3 SAS 4128E165-137B-43A3-B670-0E0BDE9334D0

Hi there. This oil concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
What engine and trans. do you have?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Forditude

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 10A. Initial look from the shop tech is the front differential pinion seal is leaking. Of course I can’t get the “official warranty diagnosis” for 7-10 more days because of a backlog at the shop so I had to rent a car for the next few weeks on my own dime - customer care stated they would not cover any rental charges without the official warranty diagnosis from the dealer. Perfect...

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got delivery of my Bronco 2.3L, manual transmission last December. In March of 2022, my transmission was replaced by Ford because of rattle noise, which everyone with a 2.3L manual Trans. Is experiencing. Not only do I still hear the same noise, but now when I turn the heater on, I smell burning oil non-stop..

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not e
I got delivery of my Bronco 2.3L, manual transmission last December. In March of 2022, my transmission was replaced by Ford because of rattle noise, which everyone with a 2.3L manual Trans. Is experiencing. Not only do I still hear the same noise, but now when I turn the heater on, I smell burning oil non-stop..
Not everyone, I have no rattle noise with the MT.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello, Agi! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this noise and smell concern on your Bronco. Thanks!
Sponsored