DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Carvana offer under original MSRP for my 2021 2DR Badlands 7MT with like 5k miles.
Sponsored

bbacon05

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it might depend on location, just last week my carmax offered me $57,000 for my 2022 Badlands 4-door v-6 softop and no other options with 11,500 miles, which is still roughly $8,000 than MSRP

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of the online secondary car market, how is this working out with all the modifications being done?

I know with trucks they actually offer less money once you tell them you've modified it. And let's face it people are ready to do mods day one with the Bronco.

Or are you all lying about your Bronco not being stock?
No modifications because you return to stock before you sell or trade it and probably get 25%-50% of your mod value back when you sell your aftermarket parts.

The mods won’t add value on a trade, only possibly a private party looking to do similar mods.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a screen shot of a local dealer near me from this morning. It was the dealer I was assigned to when I reserved 800 days ago because its closest to my zip code. There are 2 other dealers nearby with 4-8 Broncos on the lot and although they do not post the ADMs, they have added them in the past and the MSRP is crossed out on the website. I am certain its not crossed out because you will get it under sticker.

Ford Bronco Prices must be going down. Screenshot (1)

This particular dealer had 8 total trucks. All nicely appointed. All over MSRP. Commodities constraints? Yeah, sure. FORD knows exactly what it is doing. They are allowing if not encouraging this behavior from dealers.

Dealers will be the last to respond to market correction.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No modifications because you return to stock before you sell or trade it and probably get 25%-50% of your mod value back when you sell your aftermarket parts.

The mods won’t add value on a trade, only possibly a private party looking to do similar mods.
Mods almost never add value, but returning back to stock is often not an option especially with lifts, bumpers, rims and tires - most people don't have the originals to go back to.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Car market is shifting to fuel efficient cars, price is just coming down because fuel prices have not come down.
I'm going to disagree with that theory; no one bought their Bronco thinking they were going to save at the pump.

Hmm, should I get a Bronco or a Prius? Said no one ever.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going to disagree with that theory; no one bought their Bronco thinking they were going to save at the pump.

Just sold a Bronco (carmax) and the hot item right now is hybrids and Electric Cars. Its not a factor for some but definitely effecting the market. While waiting for my evaluation at carmax I was all alone out in the jeeps/truck area. Everone was kicking the hybrid tires...

Price is going down, first editions are no longer the hottest bronco, no one wants a used soft top!

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Carmax offered me 10k below MSRP on a different car that had 250 miles on it last March. Carmax may not be the best gauge for the economy.

Sponsored

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I would agree the sentiment about the Bronco however I will say that my Prius has only increased in value. I was about to sell it last Spring and instead held onto it and it's gone up $2k more since then with more miles.

I've been driving a Prius's for the last 20 years. I think I've saved enough on gas in my budget that I can have a Bronco for awhile. :)

Tv_fixer

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner TRD, '21 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BLUF: The used car prices will crash soon, pun intended.

My 2cents...
Overall, prices are coming down on used cars. Take a look at the dealerships... new cars are coming in and starting to fill the lots.

Feds raising the rates on homes and cars and with everything else being more expensive; less people are purchasing vehicles. Add in the new cars on the lots and new options. If I am going to purchase a vehicle with a high interest rate, I would want the new options, and want it to last and have a warranty.

When we were not in a recession, people would just go buy what they want. Now, or soon, people will be more mindful of their purchases and give it a second thought at least. Do I need a BRONCO, hell yeah! DO I need a C8? Hell yeah also! I dont live beyond my means so I dont need to think about interest rates or MPG... its more about smiles per gallon.

In 12 months, I would guesstimate the cost of a used car will be either back to normal, or even well below what is normal.

C8s are coming down too, unless they have under 1000 miles.

Bigger picture... check out the interest rates for homes and vehicles in the 80s. We could be heading for this again. Hope not but if you are prepared, you will be ok.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just sold a Bronco (carmax) and the hot item right now is hybrids and Electric Cars. Its not a factor for some but definitely effecting the market. While waiting for my evaluation at carmax I was all alone out in the jeeps/truck area. Everone was kicking the hybrid tires...

Price is going down, first editions are no longer the hottest bronco, no one wants a used soft top!
I agree that people are buying EVs and hybrids and the market is going in that direction but that was already happening before 2021 when the Broncos came into the marketplace.
So it's not really the reason for the decline of the Bronco mark-ups.
Sponsored