Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure by model year 24’ the frenzy will be done and over for the Bronco. New vehicles and competition will be out by then that there’s no way people will still be willing to even pay msrp on Broncos. Manufactures will adept to Ford’s blunder of this ordering system. Customers won’t be willing to wait a year or two for Ford vehicles if other manufacturers have in stock vehicles or much quicker to deliver orders.
Sponsored

Last edited:

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Prices will be coming down a lot within the next 6-12mth. Interest Rates are going to keep going up fast and that will slow things down.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Um, local VW dealer has a used two door base listed for $60K. Even worse, they claim the MSRP for this vehicle is $72K.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every time there's a post about prices normalizing, there are examples of locations where prices are still absurd. Autonation in CO offered $67k for my 2 door Badsquatch/High/2.3/7MT. Least expensive in stock at the dealer near me is a used 2 door base for $59k

https://www.omearaford.com/used-vehicles/?_dFR[model][0]=Bronco&_paymentType=our_price
Autonation only offered me $47k for 2 Door badlands non-squatch 7mt mid package With less than 6k miles….Still higher than MSRP but the differences in quotes people are getting for similarly optioned Broncos is crazy.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Car market is shifting to fuel efficient cars, price is just coming down because fuel prices have not come down.
Fuel prices have come down.
"The national average gas price rose seven-tenths of one cent to $3.68 a gallon on Wednesday, according to AAA. That was down from $3.90 a month ago but up from $3.19 at the same time last year. Gas prices peaked at just above $5 a gallon in June."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/21/business/gas-prices-decline-streak.html

hsun85

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Off Road Premium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These online used car dealers now have to worry about making a profit. what a crazy idea.

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Every time there's a post about prices normalizing, there are examples of locations where prices are still absurd. Autonation in CO offered $67k for my 2 door Badsquatch/High/2.3/7MT. Least expensive in stock at the dealer near me is a used 2 door base for $59k

https://www.omearaford.com/used-vehicles/?_dFR[model][0]=Bronco&_paymentType=our_price
Phil Long is about 25K over for anything on their lot. For shits and giggles, I offered 5K over sticker on loaded Badlands. They told me "we're still 20K apart..."

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These online used car dealers now have to worry about making a profit. what a crazy idea.
That wasn't their goal for the longest time they were just building inventory and making a name for themselves by offering more than what cars were worth.
That isn't sustainable long term, but as startups they can work at a loss as long as they gain market share and have investors. But eventually they have to turn a profit which means offering less.

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to disagree with that theory; no one bought their Bronco thinking they were going to save at the pump.

Hmm, should I get a Bronco or a Prius? Said no one ever.

I would overall agree with your sentiment. But I live in Northern IL where pot holes can swallow a car whole and basically make Sasquatch a necessary trim package. I have nothing against sedans or electric cars in general. And if I lived in a more hospitable climate, I would probably consider one. The Bronco is 10/10 on the cool factor. And I stand by my claim of it's necessity in climates that experience actual winter. But make no mistake, it is largely an obnoxious and unnecessary vehicle. But I love every damn thing about it.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But make no mistake, it is largely an obnoxious and unnecessary vehicle. But I love every damn thing about it.
Agreed
I've been driving trucks for a while and for me they are the most practical purchase, although not great on gas, but as useful as it gets for my lifestyle.

The Bronco on the other hand is a lot of sacrifices but I'm at a point in life where I want a few more smiles per gallon, but damn does it come at a cost - unfortunately the way Ford has been handling things it's becoming less and less worth the effort. I'm sure most people who finally are driving one feel different. But I'm starting to feel like sitting back and waiting this out another year may be the best option, but who knows what decision Ford will make in the future.

I lost out on the color I wanted, who knows if they ever offer the roof many of us want, and what other changes they might make for 2024, and who wants to wait that many years? I'm not betting on seeing one in 2023, how could anyone? Ugg sorry for going off topic - just very frustrated over this whole thing.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Vroom gave me the best offer of 55k. CarMax and Carvana were both around 45k if I remember right. I checked out of curiosity a few weeks back.

MSRP at purchase was 46.8 and identical build now as a 23 is 49.9.
Careful - Vroom has been under investigation for a litany of shady business practices, including failure to pay customers for the vehicles they buy, and abuse of temporary registrations for up to a year for buyers who never receive titles for vehicles bought through Vroom.

They offer higher, but you might just get taken for a ride 😉

Antimatter06

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Weird, Carmax won’t give me an online appraisal for my 2021 Badlands 2 door 7mt. Says I have to bring it to them for an appraisal.
That’s a common response for a manual transmission vehicle.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fuel prices have come down.
"The national average gas price rose seven-tenths of one cent to $3.68 a gallon on Wednesday, according to AAA. That was down from $3.90 a month ago but up from $3.19 at the same time last year. Gas prices peaked at just above $5 a gallon in June."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/21/business/gas-prices-decline-streak.html
Wait until after the election, when the government stops pumping down the strategic reserve. We'll be back over $5/gallon again...
Sponsored