stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s why I canceled mine and just don’t care anymore. Ford doesn’t want to sell to me, a loyal customer for 45 years, so so f them. I’m spending MORE money and buying a Land Rover.
The Defender does look sweet.
Sponsored

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How long did a "non-constrained" order take to get a build date. That is, when did you order the Tremor?

I want to get something to keep me from watching this Bronco mess so closely. I'll get it when I get it mentality is really hard right now haha!
ordered 3/1. 402a with Torsen, 2kw pro power, tow tech and spray in bed liner.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's sad how in late 2021, Ford Customer Service claimed to me that Ford would build all the remaining 2021 orders that wound up needed to be converted to 2022 orders, giving priority to orders that were converted over non-converted reservations and new orders. 🤪

And here we are a year later with many of us having to place our THIRD order. 🤦‍♀️

Thanks @Zach@Granger for keeping us posted.

Eldo21

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3P, Jeep JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well. Down to #325 now. Probably won't get a 2023 at all now. Ford really screwed this up. Time to just buy something else and maybe one day I'll have a Bronco. First and last Ford if I do ever see it.

Glad I at least got a Moab off road trip out of the deal.
I don’t put a lot of faith into the place in line. I have been <30 in line for most of the year and keep getting skipped due to folks having easier builds behind me. I am sitting at 24 on the list but would be shocked if mine is in the next 100 VINs.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At what point do you cancel current order and find a new dealer? Or find a slightly used one? Or pay ADM?

Not a joke or rhetorical question, I'm asking legitimately.
Never, I refuse, I will wait as long as it takes on principal. So hopefully Ford will realize eventually that they are only punishing themselves. The only other alternative that I will consider is buying a non-Ford vehicle from Granger.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The whole point of @Ford Motor Company motor company's announced plans so far is to ignore as many price protected orders as possible and deliver Bronco's to dealers at full price.
That is why there has been no mention of price protection past 2023 MY. Undelivered price protected Broncos is money in Fords pocket.
I hope (hope is not a plan) that I am wrong.
Yep, Ford has NO incentive to take care of reservation holders now that they announced that they will not extend price protection any further.

This is basically announcing, "F' You... We will build and deliver to those paying full price, and if anything is left over, a few reservation holders might get a price protected Bronco."

So, I reluctantly agree with you, sounds like what they intend to do. Watch, Q4, Ford will start taking Bronco orders and many WILL be delivered before reservation holders get a VIN.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One last point, perhaps Ford was blindsided by the popularity, perhaps the pandemic disrupted the supply chain, and perhaps they even had labor shortages...

Sure, I can accept that, but they have had 2 YEARS of production to figure out what to do about it and have not solved the issue. They have understood that they had a problem since July 2020!

What did they think, that demand was just going to vaporize for quite possibly the hottest new vehicle of the early 2020's? I have never met anyone who could get that high!

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I test drove a Wrangler Sahara 4xe this afternoon and was very impressed. They said the order of what I wanted would take about 3 months. I haven't pulled the trigger with them because they were talking ADM while another nearby dealer is happy to sell at invoice. Will check with Granger Jeep but a winter trip to Iowa for pickup may not be worth the cost saving. I'll hang onto the Bronco order and keep updating it. If I don't buy it in 2025+ I'll let Granger sell it. At this point Ford has lost a customer for life.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I test drove a Wrangler Sahara 4xe this afternoon and was very impressed. They said the order of what I wanted would take about 3 months. I haven't pulled the trigger with them because they were talking ADM while another nearby dealer is happy to sell at invoice. Will check with Granger Jeep but a winter trip to Iowa for pickup may not be worth the cost saving. I'll hang onto the Bronco order and keep updating it. If I don't buy it in 2025+ I'll let Granger sell it. At this point Ford has lost a customer for life.
If you don’t plan on taking your Bronco, why not step out of line so that another Granger customer has a better chance at getting their build?

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At what point do you cancel current order and find a new dealer? Or find a slightly used one? Or pay ADM?

Not a joke or rhetorical question, I'm asking legitimately.
I placed a second order in February of this year local for MSRP.

Picked her up yesterday.

Sponsored

rodmf

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I placed a second order in February of this year local for MSRP.

Picked her up yesterday.
Who is your dealer? Sounds like a high-volume one. Long story but I have to submit a new order when I’m allowed to. Worried that I may not be allowed to for another year.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who is your dealer? Sounds like a high-volume one. Long story but I have to submit a new order when I’m allowed to. Worried that I may not be allowed to for another year.
Yeah they are like number nine in the USA. Akins Ford in Winder, GA. Maybe an hour from the Atlanta airport with no traffic (lol). However, they are about 90 minutes from my house.

My original plan was to fly to Iowa and drive home. I was shocked when I received the production email in July that the Akins build was pulled.

As much as I love Granger, I ended up paying the extra $3.5k in sticker. I reserved when my daughter was 10, she likely would have a learner's permit if I waited for the Granger allocation.

Last edited:

BlakeD69

Badlands
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s why I canceled mine and just don’t care anymore. Ford doesn’t want to sell to me, a loyal customer for 45 years, so so f them. I’m spending MORE money and buying a Land Rover.
The Defender does look sweet.
I drive a Range Rover Sport and have contemplated the Defender since I am over 770 days since reservation on Bronco. Since I had owned two other Fords during my life I didn't expect such a crappy experience this time.

I like the Defender looks except for the large back pillars. However the Defender appointments are better but the trail capabilities do look more limited then the Badlands I ordered.
The narrower size of the Defender however is good for trails.

Enjoy your defender.