Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was a miss-word by the OP and my own bias for interpreting it that way.
From the OP's first couple posts, he seems like a serious off roader with multiple rigs and all the similar people I've met on the trail love talking shop, enjoy looking over other's rigs, and encourage others to go out and enjoy the trails.

3 flats! Ouch, that sucks. I've not been a fan of the GY Territories since before I owned them. They do seem to have decent traction but not very good durability.
I put Cooper ST Maxx on my last off roader (the gwagen) because after researching them they seemed very durable. I never had an issue. Also loved the Cooper AT3's I put on my Cayenne Turbo before the ST Maxx on the gwagen.

I'm looking at the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT. Made by Cooper with the same 3ply sidewall (Armor Tek3). They add 3 peak mountain snowflake rating which is reassuring in the USA NE winters. The ST Maxx were great in snow, even without the rating.

I always carry a tire plug kit. I don't see me changing a tire on the trail if I can fix it with a plug, or 2 or 10. I used the Viair 88p up until a couple weeks ago when I installed an ARB twin under the hood. Overkill, but I feel like kitting out my Bronco.

I've not used my tire plug kit, but this is the one I purchased. $27 right now on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X15JJ4F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And the viair 88p, $89 right now on amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ASY23I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit to add:
In the spirit of this thread, you don't always need the high dollar parts. $1200+ for my ARB setup is marginally better than the $90 Viair. It will take me a little less time to air up my tires with a 4 way system, ARB twin compressor, and the ARB pressure control, but not $1000+ quicker.
Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed answer. I'm on a learning curve regarding off-road tires. I obviously am not satisfied with the Goodyear ("Wrangler") OTs. I'll be keeping your post in a file for future study. I'll probably keep them through the winter--I gather they're well reviewed for snow and wide. I'll look into those Coopers and Micky Thompsons for next year's Utah-Nevada sojourn. This was one of my destinations on my trip last August, but not with those tires:

http://www.jeepingoffroad.com/confusion_range_trail.htm

Funny, the Goodyears handled Moab trails and rockcrawling fine, but failed on maintained but unpaved rural roads. Stones lodged in the tire cleats, then worked their way through the ply.

Moab is great, but I really love the remote, desolate areas.

Did that Vlair compressor keep running without overheating and still pump up four 35s?

If you find yourself coming to Boston, be sure to message me. We can get together for some refreshment, maybe explore a New Hampshire trail or something! Ride on!
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed answer. I'm on a learning curve regarding off-road tires. I obviously am not satisfied with the Goodyear ("Wrangler") OTs. I'll be keeping your post in a file for future study. I'll probably keep them through the winter--I gather they're well reviewed for snow and wide. I'll look into those Coopers and Micky Thompsons for next year's Utah-Nevada sojourn. This was one of my destinations on my trip last August, but not with those tires:

http://www.jeepingoffroad.com/confusion_range_trail.htm

Funny, the Goodyears handled Moab trails and rockcrawling fine, but failed on maintained but unpaved rural roads. Stones lodged in the tire cleats, then worked their way through the ply.

Moab is great, but I really love the remote, desolate areas.

Did that Vlair compressor keep running without overheating and still pump up four 35s?

If you find yourself coming to Boston, be sure to message me. We can get together for some refreshment, maybe explore a New Hampshire trail or something! Ride on!
I used the Viair with 275/70r18's. Oversized 33's or 34's, depending how you look at it. It would get very hot to touch, but worked fine to get the tires from low 20's to mid 30's. In the Bronco, so far I've been close enough to gas stations or used the air at the off road park.

Confusion range trail looks desolate. Definitely want extra water there, and maybe a Garmin InReach.

A few years ago I did the trans NH trail with some friends. NH has some nice Class VI roads to explore.

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the first things I turned too was storage solutions. Now I have a baby and dog that I take sometimes camping and whatnot. I've always been intrigued by the Goose Gear and American Adventure Lab setups but the fact is, I can't put a stroller or pack n play in the back let alone a dog with those setups. Instead I installed the JCR MOLLE panels along with their pet divider. I grabbed 2 cheap amazon camping chairs and have them strapped into the MOLLE and keep my fishing pole mounted as well. I also keep a hatchet and first aid kit mounted. The pet divider is awesome, it keeps my dog in the back seat but also keeps comping gear from flying forward at my baby. If I need too, I can fold one of the seats down to gain storage room.

I also purchased these velcro seat backers from Amazon that just set unto the carpet backing on the seats. No more dog hair and mud in my seat backs!

I also purchased a spare tie rod and keep that in the storage spot with the jack under the trunk mat.

If you're wondering how my trunk is so bright, I installed the Oracle trunk light bar in the soft top. It was a very simple install and is amazing for lighting up the back as you can see. I made a youtube video on the install.

tempImageZYoKl4.png
When did you buy the dog barrier? The model on JCR's site has much larger grid openings. I'm debating on getting this set up; all in its $523 since I need the side molle panels to attach the barrier. Are you happy with it?

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When did you buy the dog barrier? The model on JCR's site has much larger grid openings. I'm debating on getting this set up; all in its $523 since I need the side molle panels to attach the barrier. Are you happy with it?
It is the the JCR one! I love it!

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is the the JCR one! I love it!
I went ahead and ordered the @JcrOffroad set up, beginning to regret it though. Did you have any issues? First it was shipped scratched up and missing brackets. A week later I received the brackets. Anyway, the barrier appears to be too small. See vid/pics below. Judging from the pics on the JCR site the barrier looks different but what did they send me?

Almost an inch too short.

Ford Bronco The basic off-roader IMG_4294D.JPG

Slot here is not on barrier shown on the JCR site.

Ford Bronco The basic off-roader IMG_4298D.JPG

Anyone install one of these recently? Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went ahead and ordered the @JcrOffroad set up, beginning to regret it though. Did you have any issues? First it was shipped scratched up and missing brackets. A week later I received the brackets. Anyway, the barrier appears to be too small. See vid/pics below. Judging from the pics on the JCR site the barrier looks different but what did they send me?

Almost an inch too short.

Slot here is not on barrier shown on the JCR site.

Anyone install one of these recently? Thanks!
Geeze that sucks! Looks like JCR has changed their design as my barrier has much smaller MOLLE holes. As far as being too short. I know the side panels are adjustable. Maybe try to adjust those out further?

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Geeze that sucks! Looks like JCR has changed their design as my barrier has much smaller MOLLE holes. As far as being too short. I know the side panels are adjustable. Maybe try to adjust those out further?
The side panels are pretty much fixed at the point of where the barrier is supposed to attach since the bracket attached to the seatbelt bolt is not adjustable.

David-AK

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you could measure the distance of the barrier from left top bolt center to the right, you might be able to help me track down what is going on with my setup. JCR claims I need to loosen the brackets, attach the barrier and try to tighten the brackets back. Can't imagine this not bending things. Did you need to go through this to get yours installed? Thanks!

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you could measure the distance of the barrier from left top bolt center to the right, you might be able to help me track down what is going on with my setup. JCR claims I need to loosen the brackets, attach the barrier and try to tighten the brackets back. Can't imagine this not bending things. Did you need to go through this to get yours installed? Thanks!
Mine was a painless install… measurements from top right to top left bolt is 43.5 inches

01F045B5-89CF-4CA0-BF41-325B10C7CADE.jpeg

8903BF96-607F-4108-B642-0ECB7354101B.jpeg

07AFCAF5-3A45-4F03-AB1E-100BAD6EC3B7.jpeg

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry for not posting much, Bronco has been at a stand still while I await parts. Mainly the 37’s which are back ordered. Still wheeling almost every week though and thoroughly enjoying being out with the fellow bronco owners and other 4x4ers out on the trails. Snow has settled into the Sierras now so except a few snow trails, everything else has shut down. Have some awesome stuff planned though. Looking hard at skid plates, suspension and Carli as well as Fun Haver. Super excited for what is in store

Sponsored

Soundwave

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just got my barrier installed. Wish I saw this topic first! I also called JCR because mine was a 1/2 inch short. They recommended loosening side panels which was frustrating but worked. I couldn't really loosen the top two bracket bolts for side panels . The bottom two bracket bolts and the panel bolts gave it enough flex and everything tightened down fine.
Ford Bronco The basic off-roader 20221118_121324

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got my barrier installed. Wish I saw this topic first! I also called JCR because mine was a 1/2 inch short. They recommended loosening side panels which was frustrating but worked. I couldn't really loosen the top two bracket bolts for side panels . The bottom two bracket bolts and the panel bolts gave it enough flex and everything tightened down fine.
Ford Bronco The basic off-roader 20221118_121324
Your thoughts about rearward visibility after adding the passenger panel and barrier?
I have the drivers side panel only now and I'm thinking about adding their upper shelf which requires both panels, and the barrier seems like a good idea to keep stuff from flying into the passenger compartment.

thanks.

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Your thoughts about rearward visibility after adding the passenger panel and barrier?
I have the drivers side panel only now and I'm thinking about adding their upper shelf which requires both panels, and the barrier seems like a good idea to keep stuff from flying into the passenger compartment.

thanks.
I have the same setup but with the older, smaller gap style divider. I have no issues with visibility although I do rely on the camera a little more. These newer style with the larger gaps seems like visibility would be better. I’m also doing the upper shelf soon! Seems like a great idea to get my recovery gear and basic loose items stored up and out of the way

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same setup but with the older, smaller gap style divider. I have no issues with visibility although I do rely on the camera a little more. These newer style with the larger gaps seems like visibility would be better. I’m also doing the upper shelf soon! Seems like a great idea to get my recovery gear and basic loose items stored up and out of the way
My plan exactly!
I have a bubba rope and 2 soft shackles in the under floor storage, but I just installed a winch and am thinking of adding a tree saver and one of those synthetic rope ring pulleys. Would also be good storage place for my 4 tire inflation hoses.

I'm not completely concerned with blocking visibility, but I like to keep an eye on other drivers so being able to recognize there is a car behind me is probably enough.
A digital display rear view mirror would have been a great addition to the Bronco. I tried one of the clip on dashcam video mirrors, but it was too big and interfered with the sun visors and hindered forward visibility.
For backing up, I rely a lot on the camera already.

Soundwave

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

thanks.
The wider openings on the pet barrier definitely seem to aid in visibility and reduce the claustrophobic feeling. The back window is really useless in a Raptor with the giant spare and brake light.
Sponsored