First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes. Those of us that have had surgery tend to take the easy route. And it does work. Wish they had one a little bit bigger that would flip it up into the back of the truck.
Yup,people who never have had real back pain,surgery etc dont understand the daily struggle.
Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed the Molle grate system on the tailgate door. And broke most of the tabs on the accessories cover when removing it 🀯.

I guess I won’t be using it anymore but still…

the pouches are holding field binocs, my Bronco toolkit, LED flashlight, gloves, and some USB backup batteries that double as hand warmers

Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  216AE510-A15C-4405-930E-42EFD8DC149B

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m waiting for those bugs to get worked out so I can upgrade to the 3.0 rack. Just FYI I’ve upped my psi to 12 lbs when wheeling and haven’t had a repeat of the heating issue yet. I also haven’t gotten into bind where I had to make a 270 point turn again either though 🀣.
A tech on our FMC message boards had a bronco in and tried to program with FDRS and threw everything at it he knew and it wouldn't program. Couple other guys chimed in and believe there's something different in the rack electronics that make it a complete no-go at this point. Could be a lack of software but he also tried a VIN from a HOSS 3.0 and it told him to piss off, kinda like I thought. FDRS doesn't like a foreign VIN manually input because it doesn't agree with the VIN in the other modules. Not saying there won't be a workaround at some point but for now it seems to be not possible.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I can drop 1 wheel off every morning at the gas station and pick it back up on the way home.
Why are your wheels going to the gas station? Need to get sprayed with gas or something? (I know that's not it, I'm just clueless.)

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are your wheels going to the gas station? Need to get sprayed with gas or something? (I know that's not it, I'm just clueless.)
Got a locally owned small gas station by me that does tires. Like giving them my business.

Sponsored

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Jerry can mount installed.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  216AE510-A15C-4405-930E-42EFD8DC149B
Are you mounting this on the HammerBuilt Tailgate reinforcement plate? I was thinking of doing the same just trying to figure out where to drill, would love to know how you mounted the Jerry can holder! looks great!

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I first added the hammer built reinforcement with the accessory arm plate. Once the jerry can mount arrived I used that as a template to mark my bolts. I made sure the mount and can wouldn’t make contact with the taillight when the tailgate is at the 90deg open and marked my holes. From there I drilled out my bolt holes in the hammer built accessory arm, sprayed the holes with some black paint using a rag to avoid over spray and to wipe the plate. Then installed the mount using all stainless steel hardware from Home Depot and blue loctite. I’m also using a lock for security that rattled metal on metal when closing the tailgate so I threw some shrink tube on it and it’s eliminated the rattle. Overall it was really simple and took no time to do.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  D8DFC207-B934-4F44-B53D-6CC11F18549E
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  9CC75BD4-F542-41DB-A4E3-3A8A8DB79B53

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dvdmnhn

First Edition
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I first added the hammer built reinforcement with the accessory arm plate. Once the jerry can mount arrived I used that as a template to mark my bolts. I made sure the mount and can wouldn’t make contact with the taillight when the tailgate is at the 90deg open and marked my holes. From there I drilled out my bolt holes in the hammer built accessory arm, sprayed the holes with some black paint using a rag to avoid over spray and to wipe the plate. Then installed the mount using all stainless steel hardware from Home Depot and blue loctite. I’m also using a lock for security that rattled metal on metal when closing the tailgate so I threw some shrink tube on it and it’s eliminated the rattle. Overall it was really simple and took no time to do.
Ford Bronco What did you do TO / WITH your Bronco today? πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€πŸ”§πŸ§°πŸšΏπŸ›  9CC75BD4-F542-41DB-A4E3-3A8A8DB79B53
Great work, glad to see it fits in there!! I was thinking of doing the same exact thing! Tyson from Hammer Built said they are in the works to make a Jerry Can Holder to mount to their base so I held off on doing what you just did.
Sponsored