Sponsored

Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts.

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• Banned
Hey All,

Waiting for My Big Bend to show up which is any day now but I'm wondering if there are any 3D printing Bronco Enthusiasts out there making their own 3D printed accessories? Any good sources for model downloads? See anything really neat you want to mention and share? Lets hear it!
Sponsored

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• Banned
in for all the goodies you smart folks have come up with
I've not seen a ton of stuff yet which is surprising to me but I figure there has to be a niche crowd for this. Thanks for jumping in!

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I do not have a 3 d printer but I am thinking about it. One of the first things I was thinking about doing was accessory hooks for the bacity roll bar. Someone on here posted climbing anchors and that worked will but the 3D printed would allow for customized lengths.
3 D printed snap on roll bar protectors as well. fog light covers I guess. pretty much anywhere there is an unused threaded hole would be a use of some sort.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dashcam mount because adhesive won't stick to the plastic and the cable kept forcing the camera to be unlevel [ STL on Thingiverse ]

Blanking plate for the accessory hitch 4-pin mount [ STL on Thingiverse ]

Cap for the socket wrench so the metal end isn't slapping against expensive glass [ STL on Thangs because Thingiverse keeps hiding it ]

Deeper, wider tray for the console [ STL on Thingiverse ]

And my current work-in-progress, snowbrush mounts for the back seats [ STL on Thingiverse ]

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. PXL_20220709_135335858

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. PXL_20220716_140555632

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. PXL_20220810_222703107

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. PXL_20220910_215143839

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. PXL_20221026_221550821

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• Banned
Dashcam mount because adhesive won't stick to the plastic and the cable kept forcing the camera to be unlevel [ STL on Thingiverse ]

Blanking plate for the accessory hitch 4-pin mount [ STL on Thingiverse ]

Cap for the socket wrench so the metal end isn't slapping against expensive glass [ STL on Thangs because Thingiverse keeps hiding it ]

Deeper, wider tray for the console [ STL on Thingiverse ]

And my current work-in-progress, snowbrush mounts for the back seats [ STL on Thingiverse ]

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. PXL_20221026_221550821

Dude, thanks for stopping by to share! Clever thought with the snow brush. Like it.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I do not have a 3 d printer but I am thinking about it. One of the first things I was thinking about doing was accessory hooks for the bacity roll bar. Someone on here posted climbing anchors and that worked will but the 3D printed would allow for customized lengths.
3 D printed snap on roll bar protectors as well. fog light covers I guess. pretty much anywhere there is an unused threaded hole would be a use of some sort.
My son has a $300(?)(creality ender-3 pro) one, and it's more of a novelty than anything. I certainly wouldn't buy one in that price range, hoping to make useful things. With that said, for simply entertainment purposes it was worth the money, although they can also be frustrating at times.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anker's new 3d printer, ~$700, seems to be pretty good... And definitely faster than most out there at that price point.

Keeping an eye on this thread as I may consider one, or print something with the one we have at school... 😆

Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My son has a friend who prints negatives and then makes carbon fiber parts from the negative mold. I'm intrigued to say the least.
A lot of the local-owned businesses here and abroad do this... They tinker in house with their prints, then send off for manufacturing using a variety of mediums. A bit of our own Renaissance age...

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My son has a friend who prints negatives and then makes carbon fiber parts from the negative mold. I'm intrigued to say the least.
Mass production!
A lot of the local-owned businesses here and abroad do this... They tinker in house with their prints, then send off for manufacturing using a variety of mediums. A bit of our own Renaissance age...
If you're mass producing something, that's the way to go. I'd rather make a mold once and fill it with epoxys to replicate the part than run a 3d printer for hour or days to complete a single print over and over

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mass production!
If you're mass producing something, that's the way to go. I'd rather make a mold once and fill it with epoxys to replicate the part than run a 3d printer for hour or days to complete a single print over and over
You can do this with windows 3D builder pretty easily.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My son has a $300(?)(creality ender-3 pro) one, and it's more of a novelty than anything. I certainly wouldn't buy one in that price range, hoping to make useful things. With that said, for simply entertainment purposes it was worth the money, although they can also be frustrating at times.
🤷‍♂️ I have the same printer, been using it to make car mods and work tools. Rearview mirror adapter to retrofit lanekeeping on my Flex, application-specific templates and tools for work, stencils for my wife's arts and crafts, towel hook for the shower door, tool holders in the garage...

Definitely a hobby and Enders can be fussy but the actual uses go well beyond novelty. Broke a clip on my faucet and printed a 4¢ replacement instead lieu of replacing the whole thing. Ditto when a wheel broke off my vacuum. Print a 25¢ bracket instead of buying an entire new vacuum.

I bought a used bandsaw, one of the old Craftsman 3-wheelers. The wheels were warped so I planned on printing a mold and using my wife's resin to make new wheels stronger than I can print
Sponsored