AMbronco3

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen the rattle issue when the window is partially open and going over bumps. I don't have that issue. My issue is when I open the front passenger door, the window rattles. When I hold the top of the passenger window and wiggle it, I get the rattle. I don't get the rattle on the driver side. Is there a fix for this??
Sponsored

sasquatchbronco1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have the same issue on the drivers side. Rattled when partially open, or rattled when I open/close the door with the window fully up. I took my Bronco in to get the SSM 50711, which resolved the issue temporarily but now has returned after a couple months. I don't feel like taking it back to the dealer again, so I think i'm just going to accept it unless someone comes up with a better solution.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I open door with 2 hands now. One to basically stop it from coming toward me. So it only opens an inch after pulling handle. (Open handle with left hand and same time control opening with right hand by putting hand on door).Then slowly open door.That way the window is controlled when opening and not violently swaying. I dont know if I will prevent this problem but its how ive opened door since i bought bronco cuz I didnt like the violent shaking when opening door

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Adjust the bottom of the window track to kick out and most of the window issues will go away. I was having issues with the windows not sealing all the time when up. Takes less than 10 minutes to make the adjustment and now my windows seal perfectly.

Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Adjust the bottom of the window track to kick out and most of the window issues will go away. I was having issues with the windows not sealing all the time when up. Takes less than 10 minutes to make the adjustment and now my windows seal perfectly.
Do you have to take apart the door to adjust the track to kick out?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have to take apart the door to adjust the track to kick out?

No. There are two rubber seals on the bottom of the door. You remove them and use a 10mm socket to loosen the two posts and push them to the outside of the door and retighten. This pushes the glass into the seal better. It's really quick and easy to do as the seals pop right off and the 10mm socket in the Bronco tool kit fits.

Just make sure to roll the window all the way down first. Don't try to adjust with the window up.

Last edited:

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No. There are two rubber seals on the bottom of the door. You remove them and use a 10mm socket to loosen the two posts and push them to the outside of the door and retighten. This pushes the glass into the seal better. It's really quick and easy to do as the seals pop right off and the 10mm socket in the Bronco tool kit fits.

Just make sure to roll the window all the way down first. Don't try to adjust with the window up.
Thank you. I have had it to the dealer twice to look at passenger door. They just replaced the window actuator motor but that didn't help. Window makes a crunching sound when rolling up about an inch from closure. And the door has a weird rattle if you bump the door or when you slam it shut. Just sounds like something is loose. Shouldn't be like this on a 50k new vehicle.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you. I have had it to the dealer twice to look at passenger door. They just replaced the window actuator motor but that didn't help. Window makes a crunching sound when rolling up about an inch from closure. And the door has a weird rattle if you bump the door or when you slam it shut. Just sounds like something is loose. Shouldn't be like this on a 50k new vehicle.

Where does the crunching sound seem to be coming from? In the door or somewhere along the window seal?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've seen the rattle issue when the window is partially open and going over bumps. I don't have that issue. My issue is when I open the front passenger door, the window rattles. When I hold the top of the passenger window and wiggle it, I get the rattle. I don't get the rattle on the driver side. Is there a fix for this??
Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's window concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I open door with 2 hands now. One to basically stop it from coming toward me. So it only opens an inch after pulling handle. (Open handle with left hand and same time control opening with right hand by putting hand on door).Then slowly open door.That way the window is controlled when opening and not violently swaying. I dont know if I will prevent this problem but its how ive opened door since i bought bronco cuz I didnt like the violent shaking when opening door
Hi there. Could you please send us a DM with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist on my end.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Where does the crunching sound seem to be coming from? In the door or somewhere along the window seal?
Door definitely. It has a weird deep thumping sound at really slow speeds like something is loose and moving around.

Deleted member 43293

I have a similar issue on my 22' Wildtrak. Passenger window makes a violent rattle when you open the door. It does not rattle when you close it, or roll it down/up.

Only door that does it, going to chase some of these forum solutions and post if anything fixes it.

Deleted member 43293

Just did this on mine. I moved them as far towards the outside of the door as possible. It didn't change anything in regards to it vibrating when its up and I open the door. Was really hoping it was this simple but alas, did not solve it for me.

Im really trying to avoid taking it to the dealer, we don't have any decent ford dealers near me and I'd rather solve this one on my own so imma keep looking for solutions.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just did this on mine. I moved them as far towards the outside of the door as possible. It didn't change anything in regards to it vibrating when its up and I open the door. Was really hoping it was this simple but alas, did not solve it for me.

Im really trying to avoid taking it to the dealer, we don't have any decent ford dealers near me and I'd rather solve this one on my own so imma keep looking for solutions.
Been there done that. I can’t fix this stupid rattle issue on my drivers door. Dealer can’t either. I cringe every time I get in the stupid thing.
Sponsored