First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no.....how far off the beaten path did this occur ?, just wondering how you guys handle something like this, just drag the effer out of there ?

or try to fix it there ?

…..is that thing still intact ? DA FUQ :shock:
Thats what It's built for. That is a fully functioning rig. Pretty good setup too.
Sponsored

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The competitions I run are generally 5-600km or so per day, involving going straight from one competition stage to a transit on highways to another competition stage with no breaks except for gas. There's no trailering possible except to the very start of the event if you wanted, and the rules require street legal vehicles.
So you want a rally bronco that's comfortable on the street to run competitions with, one that competes with the f150 bronco and ranger bronco in the high speed offroad segment. Got it, that's the most successful recipe for a new vehicle out there.

That's what I wonder about the rock crawling crowd...lol. Per the polls on the other thread many of use just want moderate trail off-road capable with good daily drivability. I want something that can take me anywhere my truck can (nothing too serious) but be more comfortable than my fox mustang and hopefully be quicker and more fuel efficient than either. A jack of all trades if you will.
Drive a JK/JL wrangler, they are way more comfortable than a fox mustang or a superduty... and from personal experience the 2 door rubicon is faster than a stock fox 5.0 vert..

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
no.....how far off the beaten path did this occur ?, just wondering how you guys handle something like this, just drag the effer out of there ?

or try to fix it there ?

…..is that thing still intact ? DA FUQ :shock:
There's nothing extreme about that thing, and it probably rides very nice on the street - long arms are required for a lot of flex like that, and actually make the jeep ride much nicer riding on the street since it corrects the caster. About the only thing that's out of the ordinary on that one is getting rid of the rear leafs, which, once again makes it ride better and flex more. That rear suspension is closer to the TJ/JK/JL layout than the original XJ leafed rear.

That's why I get a kick out of people boasting a race version IFS that has a massive unprecedented unreal out of this world 14" of travel... lmao.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's why I get a kick out of people boasting a race version IFS that has a massive unprecedented unreal out of this world 14" of travel... lmao.
Yep.
Even if the Bronco Raptor has the Ranger Raptor wheel travel specs, the IFS crowd doesn’t realize the amount of money, how wide it will be, the fabrication and body work required to achieve and clear the 14-15” of stock F150 Raptor front wheel travel above their already premium price they paid of 10” Ranger Raptor travel.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure which states allow what, but in Arizona we see tons of quads and SxS on the road. ... it would be no more safe for opposing traffic if they were in a Wrangler, Ranger, or an Evo.
Last time I checked it was about 23/50, with varying levels. Lots of western states, and some others starting to realize the potential for tourism.

Sponsored

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Drive a JK/JL wrangler, they are way more comfortable than a fox mustang or a superduty... and from personal experience the 2 door rubicon is faster than a stock fox 5.0 vert..
The 5.0 must have had some plug wires unplugged lol. A JK isn't touching the acceleration of the 5.0. A JL with soft top maybe to 50 but will run out quick on the top end.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t think people realize how goddamn slow vehicles were from the 70’s to the early 90’s. It’s embarrassing.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's a lot quicker than I figured for the Jeep but a few things to note:
1) my 5.0 is not stock
2) look at the difference in the top gear acceleration; granted those are top gear but the story will be the same on any acceleration at speed. The V6 just doesn't make good torque - it's aided greatly by the 4.10s
3) my truck is quicker than my Mustang

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think people realize how goddamn slow vehicles were from the 70’s to the early 90’s. It’s embarrassing.
The JK jeep was also mentioned in the comment about being quicker than the 5.0 and its 0-60 in 12 seconds and makes 130 hp at the rear wheels. IMO anything under 6.5 or so seconds to 60 is starting to get quick which apparently includes the 2 door JL.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The JK jeep was also mentioned in the comment about being quicker than the 5.0 and its 0-60 in 12 seconds and makes 130 hp at the rear wheels. IMO anything under 6.5 or so seconds to 60 is starting to get quick which apparently includes the 2 door JL.

People talk about the jk being slow especially the 3.8... I don’t think they’ve ever driven a “slow” vehicle.

My buddy’s land cruiser FJ60 that’s pushing 6k pounds and running the stock 6 cylinder carb’d motor? THAT is slow.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More of a function of the silly fun levels of power Americans expect their vehicles to have today.

The luxury and wanna-be luxuries (and performance vehicles that share powerplants) are packing 300-600 horsepower into vehicles that 30-40 years ago probably barely broke into 100-200, and weighed twice as much.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People talk about the jk being slow especially the 3.8... I don’t think they’ve ever driven a “slow” vehicle.

My buddy’s land cruiser FJ60 that’s pushing 6k pounds and running the stock 6 cylinder carb’d motor? THAT is slow.
My first car was a Maverick with the 250 I6 and I think it's 0-60 and quarter mile were about the same figure lol.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wouldn't call the $ to speed ratio of the 5.0 fox embarrassing. I paid $12.6K for my loaded Capri 5.0
and blower kits were only like $1600 back then which netted you this (I'm on the left). The LX 5.0 was lighter and even faster
than my upscale loaded Capri

CAPRI%20ORIGINAL%20RECIEPT.jpg

TIMESLIP.jpg

Last edited:

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
that rig is working perfectly fine. It is built to do that type of articulation and maintain traction and power. It is a triangulated rear, can't tell on the front. That allows an absolute shit ton of articulation. I've seen rigs that can reach more than 45° articulation in the rear, crazy ridiculous.
Yeah, my buddies 89 with only 6" springs and long arms flexed way better than any IFS will ever.
Stupid simple combo nets this.

P1010143.jpg

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, my buddies 89 with only 6" springs and long arms flexed way better than any IFS will ever.
Stupid simple combo nets this.

P1010143.jpg
Or you could, you know, drive around the rock ...
Sponsored