MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
FYI, Sasquatch wheels/tires are going for about $1800-2000, and base/bb/obx/bd are going for $500-800. You either need Sas rims or aftermarket to run 35s and then you have to think about the wider fender flares. If the mid package isn't a must have, then the Basesquatch is the best value to run 35s properly.
Sponsored

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Base 2.3L manual with 4.46 gearing supports 33” tires well, beyond that the gearing is less than ideal. The automatic with 3.73 gears doesn’t seem like it would turn 35” tires well, I realize first gear in the auto is lower than the manual but it doesn’t seem like enough. Running in boost going down the highway won’t help MPG’s.

The SAS package is the better choice if one wants 35” tires.
Wheels and tires $2000 if purchased second hand
4.7 gearing $2500+ aftermarket and doesn’t include lockers
Advanced transfer case $1000 can’t be done aftermarket
Lift $1000, spacer lift may be cheaper, but the SAS Bilstein’s are better
And all of it is under warranty.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget the auxiliary switches included in that price. 😉

My absolute favorite interior detail ... "engage warp drive Mr. Sulu !!" (click).

Last edited:

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SAS - the cost of cool

Well, there goes half that cup of coffee...

Bronco SAS......... The cost of cool....

That's a T-shirt right there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a non-Sasquatch with Sasquatch wheels I bought locally for $1,100. Tires and leveling kit with installation was about $2650. I sold my OBX wheels and tires for $750 so about $3,000 to get the Sasquatch “look”.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch seems like alot$ 6EA96D95-4158-4A7E-B646-5A7FF5C9AF54

IMO, the Sasquatch price is worth it even though the base Bronco is capable enough for the off roading I will do. I got impatient last December and wanted my Bronco sooner and dropped Sasquatch and the MIC top for my second order from the same dealer and without those constraints it arrived 123 days after I placed the order.

My original 7.20.20 reservation is finally scheduled for 11/14 and it has the Sasquatch and MIC top. My adult daughter will buy my current Bronco when the new one arrives so we will be a 2 Bronco family.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not a bargain but it is a pretty good value. When you add in wheels, tires, suspension/lift, advance 4x4, lockers and gearing all covered under one warranty it would cost much more to do on your own. Even more with labor if you don't want to do it.

I'll admit my off-roading will be the beach and light trails. I ordered a Big Bend Sasquatch because it was the only way to get advance 4x4 on the BB. Wanted the BB because you can upgrade to signature lighting. And I knew I would eventually want to do a slight lift and bigger tires. Can't say I will ever need the lockers. But they are there if I do.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's fine. I wasn't intending to be a "gatekeeper" with my comment. For your use case, the added value of the components that aren't seen may not make the most sense. But be mindful of the limitations by just going with tire/wheel package and a lift to clear the extra meat.
Dipping into your convo here Bum, but I didn’t read what you said as gatekeeping. Anyone who’s read your posts know thats not your point.

I’ll gatekeeper here a bit! Kidding, but what it really means is for the OP, ask in the form of a question before handing down judgement on something where you obviously have little knowledge of or experience with.

the Sasquatch package is an absolute steal. The lower the trim, the better the deal in all honesty.

To the OPs question. Squatch is roughly what we call in the off road world as a stage 2-3 suspension set up. HOSS 3.0 is a stage 3-4, and Raptor is what I’d call a solid 6. Beyond that, we’re talking trophy truck or 4600 class in Ultra4 (extreme off road Motorsport here in the USA).

From a base bone stock to Sasquatch, with suspension upgrades, wheels and tires, you’re looking at somewhere between $4K for cheap shit (Rough Country, Amazon, cheap import shit) to $6K for comparable quality parts and some upgraded tires to KO2s. I honestly may be too low with current inflation pricing.

So, to Bum, Compta38, and anyone else’s point (my apologies if I failed to point you out), the Sasquatch package is a very good value and makes your Bronco very capable for medium trails to the finest shopping and fancy strip malls in your area! 😊

You’ll be the belle of the ball at the Cheesecake Factory and your lady will get lots of hits with her post sitting across that big manly Bronco on Insta.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a non-Sasquatch with Sasquatch wheels I bought locally for $1,100. Tires and leveling kit with installation was about $2650. I sold my OBX wheels and tires for $750 so about $3,000 to get the Sasquatch “look”.
Ford Bronco Sasquatch seems like alot$ 6EA96D95-4158-4A7E-B646-5A7FF5C9AF54

IMO, the Sasquatch price is worth it even though the base Bronco is capable enough for the off roading I will do. I got impatient last December and wanted my Bronco sooner and dropped Sasquatch and the MIC top for my second order from the same dealer and without those constraints it arrived 123 days after I placed the order.

My original 7.20.20 reservation is finally scheduled for 11/14 and it has the Sasquatch and MIC top. My adult daughter will buy my current Bronco when the new one arrives so we will be a 2 Bronco family.
What gears do you have? Ours are 4.27 in the OBX but you could also get non locking 3.73. My wife’s on 35’s will barely crack 16mpg on the freeway Vs stock 32’s that people claim 18-21mpg
Sponsored