Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So to the original question, the value of the Sasquatch package.

Excluding the Badlands (or package which comes with the sasquatch package standard). The Bronco's capabilities on non-sasquatch Broncos is reduced depending on the trim and configuration. Upgrading the differential(s), transfer case, suspension, wheels, and tires via the sasquatch package is anywhere from a good value to a great deal, as long as you want the whole package.

In the Badlands - it isn't a good or great value, UNLESS you want the Sasquatch rims and tires.

Personally, I didn't want to run 35's, 4.7's, and I didn't like the rims or tires with the Sasquatch package. I wanted lockers, but I also wanted carpet, a cloth interior, and adaptive cruise control. I was somewhat screwed and had to decide on what compromise I would accept.

IMG-860723beae5a722673cca1088b9465a3-V.jpg

In the end, I ended up ordering the OBX with the rear locker, advanced 4x4 transfer case, and lux package. The 4.27 locker is plenty to run 33.5" tires even when running around Colorado (above 7,000'). I didn't get the sway bar disconnect or the front locker. I was initially bummed that I couldn't get everything that I wanted, but in the end, I was happy with what I ended up with.

IMG_20221006_185615.jpg

The advanced 4x4 transfer and rear locker only added $1500 to the price. The 4.27 will run a wide range of wheel/tire combinations with ease. I addressed the suspension "short comings" by installing the Badlands shocks and springs. I have wheels and tires that look amazing on the Bronco (plus an extra set of wheels/tires for highway/economy use - 23 mpg at 70+ mph). It has been brilliant for the 41,000 miles that I have put on it so far.

IMG_20221009_115443.jpg

Pikes Peak 14,000+ elevation.

I don't regret that I went non-sasquatch, but I also realize that I sacrificed some capabilities and some resale value making the choices that I did.
Well said. Similar to my thoughts with my Big Bend 4.27.
Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
On the highway, I would seriously doubt that, the OBX probably has the best road manners.

I say that having had a stock OBX that is now running the yellow Bilsteins and appropriate springs.

Off-road, yes, the yellow Bilsteins and matching shocks are the better choice.
Every day driving over railroad tracks, pot holes and speed bumps it’s a big difference. Highway I would agree, not as much of a difference. Everything else, big difference as I owned both.

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can be the greatest mechanic in the world, but who’s going to warranty your work? I was sick of doing that dance with Jeep over the years.

With Ford, everything was done from the factory, with warranty, no time wasted. I’ll gladly pay more for that alone.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Sasquatch package upgrade was $2,500 for me, too, back in 2021. However, with recent price increases, the current Sasquatch package upgrade for Badlands is over $4,000, and it’s over $6,500 for the Big Bend trim on the OP’s profile. That suggests the incremental cost of the upgraded front axle and both locking differentials is roughly $2,500. If the OP is not interested in lockers and doesn’t plan to use the vehicle off-road, he can save money by just installing a small aftermarket lift and upgrading the wheels and tires.
The reason it goes to $4000 on Badlands is because it also throws in the auto trans in that figure. I had my order sheet show $0 for auto trans when I had V6 and Sasquatch because it factored in the auto price in with the Sasquatch package. My Badlands is a 22.5 pricing model.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you heard of the Bronco Sport? No expensive Sasquatch package option there to worry you.
But the ”LOOK“ bro! It’s all about that looK! :mad:

Momma said if you try real hard to look like a tough man and you believe it in your heart, then everybody else will think that about you too. You know momma never wrong….. :cautious:

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that really a valid justification though? You're still buying a new car, which means it comes with wheels and tires. Are SAS wheels+tires really $2500 more to manufacture and sell than fords base tires and wheel package?
Doesn't matter what the manufacturing costs are. You aren't going to buy 5 wheels and 5 35 inch tires for much less than the $2500 and that doesn't also factor in gearing and the other extras of Sasquatch backed by a warranty. This applies to Badlands with V6 and auto. For other trims it might not be worth it but in my particular case it was 100% no brainer.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But the ”LOOK“ bro! It’s all about that looK! :mad:

Momma said if you try real hard to look like a tough man and you believe it in your heart, then everybody else will think that about you too. You know momma never wrong….. :cautious:
Momma needs to be on the after market parts counter at the local 4wheel drive shop with that advice.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The reason it goes to $4000 on Badlands is because it also throws in the auto trans in that figure. I had my order sheet show $0 for auto trans when I had V6 and Sasquatch because it factored in the auto price in with the Sasquatch package. My Badlands is a 22.5 pricing model.
Actually, on the current B&P, clicking Sasquatch Package on the Badlands 4D doesn't change from 7MT to 10AT. That $4,090 add-on to Badlands 4D is with the 7MT. Likewise, the $6,590 add-on to the Big Bend 4D is with the 7MT. But I was really looking at the delta between BL and BB, so it doesn't really matter, as long as the base case conditions (7MT) is the same for both models.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So to the original question, the value of the Sasquatch package.

Excluding the Badlands (or package which comes with the sasquatch package standard). The Bronco's capabilities on non-sasquatch Broncos is reduced depending on the trim and configuration. Upgrading the differential(s), transfer case, suspension, wheels, and tires via the sasquatch package is anywhere from a good value to a great deal, as long as you want the whole package.

In the Badlands - it isn't a good or great value, UNLESS you want the Sasquatch rims and tires.

Personally, I didn't want to run 35's, 4.7's, and I didn't like the rims or tires with the Sasquatch package. I wanted lockers, but I also wanted carpet, a cloth interior, and adaptive cruise control. I was somewhat screwed and had to decide on what compromise I would accept.

IMG-860723beae5a722673cca1088b9465a3-V.jpg

In the end, I ended up ordering the OBX with the rear locker, advanced 4x4 transfer case, and lux package. The 4.27 locker is plenty to run 33.5" tires even when running around Colorado (above 7,000'). I didn't get the sway bar disconnect or the front locker. I was initially bummed that I couldn't get everything that I wanted, but in the end, I was happy with what I ended up with.

IMG_20221006_185615.jpg

The advanced 4x4 transfer and rear locker only added $1500 to the price. The 4.27 will run a wide range of wheel/tire combinations with ease. I addressed the suspension "short comings" by installing the Badlands shocks and springs. I have wheels and tires that look amazing on the Bronco (plus an extra set of wheels/tires for highway/economy use - 23 mpg at 70+ mph). It has been brilliant for the 41,000 miles that I have put on it so far.

IMG_20221009_115443.jpg

Pikes Peak 14,000+ elevation.

I don't regret that I went non-sasquatch, but I also realize that I sacrificed some capabilities and some resale value making the choices that I did.
Nonsense, your Bronco is awesome. Great look with the RTR wheel and you made a smart choice with the locker and other upgrades you’ve done.

Great to see you wheeling it too.

LABlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ on 37" SSRs and 2010 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't matter what the manufacturing costs are. You aren't going to buy 5 wheels and 5 35 inch tires for much less than the $2500 and that doesn't also factor in gearing and the other extras of Sasquatch backed by a warranty. This applies to Badlands with V6 and auto. For other trims it might not be worth it but in my particular case it was 100% no brainer.
I agree with you on the money for the wheels and tires, but you spent $500-$700 on 5 wheels and tires that everyone else has (accounting for the difference in "trade in" of the standard Badlands wheels and tires). So you spent at least $1800 for an "upgraded" front axle, a .25in lift, and slightly bigger gear. Now, a standard BL front axle is warrantied for 33in tires locked and disconnected, I wouldn't consider it to be a "weak" point, so although I know the SAS front diff is different, is it THAT much beefer? IDK. Gearing difference is again not huge on a BL vs BL SAS. I know gearing makes a huge difference, but not with the numbers difference here coupled with all the gears in auto. If it was a 4 or 5 speed auto, then only maybe, at most.

So the end all be all of it, is on a BL, it's a huge price vs what you get (that matters). BL is an excellent off-roader from the starting gate. We all want different things and are going to use it differently. We spend our money differently too. I just wouldn't agree and would actually go exactly opposite than your opinion. Stoked that you are happy with your decision though.

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Disclaimer: Haven't read any of the replies yet.
Doesn’t seem worth the money. What would one expect to pay for the minor suspension lift? Wheels and tires are easy enough to find. Final drive ratio option is available. Don’t care about locking diff. Or am I better off just adding Sasquatch on a Base. If and when I can order one.
If you live and drive it in Florida, you probably don't need Sasquatch. But for Idaho, I'm very glad that I have it. I've driven to the top of quite a few peaks around here in the 7000-8000 foot range and over many rough roads. I did the White Rim Trail and the road to Tower Arch in the national parks near Moab too. All of these would have been much more difficult without the Sasquatch features.

But my goal when buying my Bronco was to get as much 4x4 features as possible with almost nothing else.

Gratuitous photo from a recent trip up into the hills:
F3wFP2b.jpg

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disclaimer: Haven't read any of the replies yet.
If you live and drive it in Florida, you probably don't need Sasquatch. But for Idaho, I'm very glad that I have it. I've driven to the top of quite a few peaks around here in the 7000-8000 foot range and over many rough roads. I did the White Rim Trail and the road to Tower Arch in the national parks near Moab too. All of these would have been much more difficult without the Sasquatch features.

But my goal when buying my Bronco was to get as much 4x4 features as possible with almost nothing else.

Gratuitous photo from a recent trip up into the hills:
Ford Bronco Sasquatch seems like alot$ F3wFP2b
No one needs the Sasquatch. But you want it! You want it bad! You must have it! Therefore, you arguably do need it.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sasquatch package is expensive. On my Bronco, adding Sasquatch would be a greater than 20% increase in price.

That's a $7385 increase (My22.5) over a base price of $32,895

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are correct. Just want the look. I drive 400 miles a month. Beach and boat ramp use.
That’s more time off pavement than most of sas promoters here 🤣

Go with whatever makes you happy. Asking for advice will always end with strangers spending your money!
Sponsored