Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought a controller, hitch, trans cooler, and 7pin wiring for my Escape for about $400cdn all in. All are relatively easy to install. The only issue, like an earlier poster mentioned, is that my hitch is below the bumper instead of integrated into the bumper like it would from factory. How well it integrates factory vs aftermarket, and what actually is included will determine if I option it in or not.
Sponsored

comfour

Big Bend
First Name
cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Or use this and then the manual brake controller is your phone and you don't need to install a physical controller or wiring adapter. I have one for our JL to tow a little camp trailer and it works pretty dang slick.

https://www.curtmfg.com/part/51180
Hey I like this, i don't have a controller on my JLU, I will try it

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey I like this, i don't have a controller on my JLU, I will try it
It took a little fiddling with to get to connect to the trailer and bluetooth to the phone, but once that get's settled, it's pretty seamless. Just don't throw away the little card in the package with the PIN number on it!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Or use this and then the manual brake controller is your phone and you don't need to install a physical controller or wiring adapter. I have one for our JL to tow a little camp trailer and it works pretty dang slick.

https://www.curtmfg.com/part/51180
Thatā€™s cool and good to know about.

I have surge disc brakes on my boat trailer and have been thinking about wiring to the back up light on the JK for a solenoid reverse lock out (rather than the old pin method).

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Best brake controller hands down is the Redarc tow pro elite. Installed this on my wife's grand Cherokee and its been awesome. I like it better than the hem ford one on my truck.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Best brake controller hands down is the Redarc tow pro elite. Installed this on my wife's grand Cherokee and its been awesome. I like it better than the hem ford one on my truck.
Thank you for sharing your experience with the Redarc tow pro elite brake controller!
Not sure yet if the 2021 Bronco tow package will come with a brake controller. Hoping someone will get a picture of where on the dash the gain adjustment is located. Even if it does, thinking I will replace it with the Redarc unit. Will you be doing the same on your Bronco? Amazon has it listed.

https://www.amazon.com/REDARC-EBRH-...&sr=8-1&tag=vs-off-road-timbren-suspension-20

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For $600, if that price holds true, there had better be an upgraded alternator, battery, cooling, brake control, etc. Something more than the receiver and pigtail wiring.

MCG DAWG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm lazy. Below $500 and I'll buy from factory. The time savings and no hassle to get installed are worth paying for it up front to me than trying to save a couple hundred bucks after market.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the pictures of the test mules show the hitch hanging below the bumper rather than integrated in. Aftermarket should be under $200 for a class III and there are similar examples for half that.

CoolTech

Wildtrak
First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In all likelihood, both the OEM receiver hitch and the OEM wiring harness will be available for purchase from the parts department. Shop these two parts at an on-line OEM discount parts supplier and the sum may be lower than the invoice price for the trailer tow package.

Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In all likelihood, both the OEM receiver hitch and the OEM wiring harness will be available for purchase from the parts department. Shop these two parts at an on-line OEM discount parts supplier and the sum may be lower than the invoice price for the trailer tow package.
The "gotcha" doing it this way is the vehicle might not have the pigtails in the rear for the wiring adapter, it could use a different rear harness. I think it was this way on my Flex. Also they probably won't enable trailer sway control in the cluster menus by default (forscan can usually enable this after the fact)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm with you guys... if it is truly just a hitch, wiring, and some software, then no way in hell is it worth $600. Maybe low to mid 400 and that is still a rip but convenience factor.

As long as we know before December... I'm good.

Axxlrod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd only need the receiver to mount a bike rack or cargo box. No way I'm paying $600 just for that.

I'll go aftermarket.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The main things I want it for are a bike rack and the occasional tiny trailer from the rental center. Neither of which needs any software or upgraded drivetrain components. Heck the bike rack doesn't even need any wiring.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd only need the receiver to mount a bike rack or cargo box. No way I'm paying $600 just for that.

I'll go aftermarket.
For me (right now) I'm the same. I have some hitch accessories like a bike rack, and a small dump run tailer.
Sponsored