Sponsored

B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer (Is it worth it? How about stand-a-lone purchase $$

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a question regarding B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer (Lux Package). Is it worth it? Are they really that good?
How about if they offer it as a stand alone for $1,000 or less.
Would you get them if you are a speaker person?

Thanks!
Sponsored

CEG30

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have heard that, as far as audiophile quality goes, it's not fantastic. But, the quality will be far and away better than the base system.

If anything, you'll have more spots to place aftermarket speakers, which is a big plus.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone else said the biggest benefit is the fact you’ll have more spots for changing out speakers. I personally never upgrade the speakers in any of my cars and it’s never bothered me. Aftermarket to me is the way to go though.

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As someone else said the biggest benefit is the fact you’ll have more spots for changing out speakers. I personally never upgrade the speakers in any of my cars and it’s never bothered me. Aftermarket to me is the way to go though.
So what you are saying is that, you should upgrade so you can have the spots open for another upgrade later? Interesting. Would have never thought of that. Thanks!

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So what you are saying is that, you should upgrade so you can have the spots open for another upgrade later? Interesting. Would have never thought of that. Thanks!
Adding aftermarket speaker locations and a subwoofer never turn out as nice as factory, in my opinion. The B&O will certainly be an upgrade from stock and if you really want more audiophile speakers down the road, you’ll have all the wiring already done by the factory. In this type of vehicle with likely poor acoustic properties, it’s probably not worth putting a lot of money into aftermarket speakers. Go with B&O, then decide later on upgrading.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new Fords can be a pain to upgrade the audio components and require adapters. Not like the old days of just running speakers from the harness behind the stereo. Then its waiting game to see how long it takes for products to come out etc. ive upgraded almost every vehicle I have with the exception of our 2 current vehicles. At this point Im content with the upgraded systems. I have serious sound in my wrangler and its funny bc I now tend to drive without the stereo on and listen to my MT tires hum.

wordstew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H3 Hummer, Explorer Sport, BMW R1200C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Find yourself a Mackie Freeplay personal PA or Freeplay live...
https://mackie.com/products/freeplay

Thow it in the back of your rig...
Bluetooth to your phone for your favorite tunes
Use it outside for camping, parties etc. etc.etc...
It can be used plugged in or wirelesely for 10 hours
Now you have tunes for any situation
No wiring to worry about
Problem solved

Now you have completed Retro style with your Bronco and a BOOM BOX in the back of your rig....

Ford Bronco B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer (Is it worth it? How about stand-a-lone purchase $$ 1599002361413

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I remember B&O were one of the big time audiophile brands when home stereos were a big thing......late 70s/80s? But imagine that is different than rolling at 60 mph in a sasquatch with the top off.

I imagine the 10 speaker set up isn't a 2 DR thing, because of size? Or is that doable in the 2DR footprint?

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember B&O were one of the big time audiophile brands when home stereos were a big thing......late 70s/80s? But imagine that is different than rolling at 60 mph in a sasquatch with the top off.

I imagine the 10 speaker set up isn't a 2 DR thing, because of size? Or is that doable in the 2DR footprint?
it is doable in the 2DR

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have heard that, as far as audiophile quality goes, it's not fantastic. But, the quality will be far and away better than the base system.

If anything, you'll have more spots to place aftermarket speakers, which is a big plus.
The new Fords can be a pain to upgrade the audio components and require adapters. Not like the old days of just running speakers from the harness behind the stereo. Then its waiting game to see how long it takes for products to come out etc. ive upgraded almost every vehicle I have with the exception of our 2 current vehicles. At this point Im content with the upgraded systems. I have serious sound in my wrangler and its funny bc I now tend to drive without the stereo on and listen to my MT tires hum.
On the B & O, you have to start with one of these. That's $549.00 before any upgrades you choose.
https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT889/zen-a2b-dsp12a-a2b.html

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got the upgraded system in my Accord. 7 speakers with 2 tweeters, all I added was 2 JL subs and amp. Sounds amazing!

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally I don't think much of factory premium sound systems. Since I won't have the room in my 2 door for a subwoofer I plan to put a few thousand dollars in car audio in myself to make up for the lack of bass. My 2014 fusion has the Sony sound system & it is pretty much blown at this point. They are good for about a month if you like loud music like I do ?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Adding aftermarket speaker locations and a subwoofer never turn out as nice as factory, in my opinion. The B&O will certainly be an upgrade from stock and if you really want more audiophile speakers down the road, you’ll have all the wiring already done by the factory. In this type of vehicle with likely poor acoustic properties, it’s probably not worth putting a lot of money into aftermarket speakers. Go with B&O, then decide later on upgrading.
The B & O systems Ford uses are not the same on every model. As you get up into higher level models like Explorer, it offers a 14 speaker 980 watt system. The Bronco 10 speaker system won't come anywhere near that, although it will be better than the base system.

Here's some info on B & O in the new F-150

https://news.harman.com/blog/blog_articles-20200629

Last edited:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Calling any vehicle based stereo an "audiophile" system doesn't make sense to me. A vehicle doesn't lend itself to an audiophile experience and premium factory stereos have always underwhelmed me.

I find subwoofers in cars to detract for the most part. Nothing drives me more mad than hearing the rattle or vibrations of the sub and its housing or whatever.

Also wattage =/= quality.

I'd call myself and audiophile but I'm not an audio snob. The basic stereo will be decent enough to turn up over highway noise and I'll save the true listening experience for home and save some money.

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope it's a stand alone. I really dont want to upgrade to lux for it. But with the top down at 80+ mph driving cross country, I'll need as much sound as possible.
Sponsored