Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not order a Bronco, and don’t want one on day one. I know when it’s time, I’ll be able to walk into a dealership and buy one. Why, it’s not a limited vehicle, and people will back out of their pre orders for whatever reason.
I was considering a Gladiator and this same situation happened, “if you dont order your not getting one”..... I walked into the dealership the first month they came out, they had 10 in stock ready for sale no ADM. I didn’t like it as it lacked power. Dealership of course told me I had to get it now as they are limited. Lol, these guys try too hard.
My point is, Ford is selling the Bronco to make $$, and they will make as many as they can sell.

Yes, day one it’s going to be hard to get one., I’d rather other people buy them first to get all the bugs out.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
20 years from now you will probably order your Jeep direct from China and their Amazon affiliate will bring it to your house.
Correction, it will be delivered by an Amazon drone.

That said, I can see Ford saying "We have a production capacity of XXXX Broncos per month, so we are only making YYY special orders per month so dealerships can get some into their showrooms" or something similar. Effectively making people with orders in wait longer to get their
Ford has said repeatedly that reservations will be filled before dealerships are allowed to take stock. I think that is part of the reason most of them have pissy attitudes and do not want to make any deals.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I told my dealer to let me know the second ordering opens and I’ll be there. They are 5 minutes ish away, but I can probably make it there in 3. I want to be the first order they drop. I don’t know if it will make a difference in how long it takes to get the vehicle, but I’ll give it a shot. Just hope they don’t end up like other models and the first batch that comes out goes into some QA thing and doesn’t get shipped until after the second wave. ?

RustChole

Big Bend
First Name
TheKeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone have any suggestion on Tampa area dealership? I reserved with Parks just due to proximity, but it’s been over a month and no one has called. Am I being a heartbroken high school girl, or should I have expected a call? When I called dealership they explained it in the terms that no one really knew for sure what’s going on with the process until they hear it from Ford. Have heard good things about Karl Flammer Ford and there are a bunch of mega dealerships like Brandon Ford, etc. Just don’t know if I should balk at current dealerships lack of attention and transfer reservation. Thanks. New to this site. You all do a great job.

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Said he had a very long list of people already waiting to buy my Bronco if I didn't want it.
Running away as fast as you can would seem to be the prudent choice.

Why would he have a separate "list of people already waiting to buy your Bronco", when all they have to do is go online and reserve one...at any Ford dealer? Besides the fact that he's got nothing if you move your reservation.

Sounds like a real genius...

Sponsored

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone have any suggestion on Tampa area dealership? I reserved with Parks just due to proximity, but it’s been over a month and no one has called. Am I being a heartbroken high school girl, or should I have expected a call? When I called dealership they explained it in the terms that no one really knew for sure what’s going on with the process until they hear it from Ford. Have heard good things about Karl Flammer Ford and there are a bunch of mega dealerships like Brandon Ford, etc. Just don’t know if I should balk at current dealerships lack of attention and transfer reservation. Thanks. New to this site. You all do a great job.
If they don't call or at least send you an email, they don't deserve your business.

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My understanding of the reservation is it's just holding our spot in line to place an order. It isn't an order itself. We have the option to either place an order with the additional $900 down or to pass on placing an order and getting our $100 back.
Additional $900 down? There are plenty of dealers willing to accept just the $100 "reservation" as enough to place the order.

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, my very rude GSM at Malloy Ford in Charlottesville first asked me for $500 non-refundable deposit to order the 2 door today (lie), but then after I asked about any dealer markups he said he wasn't sure and that he didn't believe Ford would actually fulfill all reservations. I asked why and he said he's been doing this awhile so he knows. I'm running from them asap. Anybody else hear anything like that?
Run!

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My salesperson called and she gave me the rundown on their end. Plus I got two emails from the dealership and one from the owner of the dealership. A lack of dealer engagement tells it all. That have to at least send you an email.

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, my very rude GSM at Malloy Ford in Charlottesville first asked me for $500 non-refundable deposit to order the 2 door today (lie), but then after I asked about any dealer markups he said he wasn't sure and that he didn't believe Ford would actually fulfill all reservations. I asked why and he said he's been doing this awhile so he knows. I'm running from them asap. Anybody else hear anything like that?
Run. Why would people who want to make money say some dumb stuff like that? Run bro

Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Run. Why would people who want to make money say some dumb stuff like that? Run bro
Sounds like something some of these “old school” salesmen say. I typically prefer a woman as a salesperson. No BS just business. My mom used my salesperson to buy an edge a couple of weeks ago. Her male salesman that has been there for 25 years just never would call her back. Mine called her made an appointment, hid the vehicle and kept the keys, brought her in on Saturday morning and my mom came by my house by noon in her brand new car.

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like something some of these “old school” salesmen say. I typically prefer a woman as a salesperson. No BS just business. My mom used my salesperson to buy an edge a couple of weeks ago. Her male salesman that has been there for 25 years just never would call her back. Mine called her made an appointment, hid the vehicle and kept the keys, brought her in on Saturday morning and my mom came by my house by noon in her brand new car.
That's wassup. I like the no hassle/no games kinda dealer.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's wassup. I like the no hassle/no games kinda dealer.
You can haggle, but they won’t go back and forth more than 2-3 times. They try to make money but mostly go for volume.

derpydestiny

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT HB (MT)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wonder if OP's sales guy was just confused about the Bronco and Bronco Sport since he was "looking at the Build and Price" and then figured instead of admitting to it, he'd try to get money from OP anyways? Still a scam-y and still a dumb move on his part.
Sponsored