Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It was all done on ford.com. I paid the 100 reservation, then paid the 500 order fee all online. Ford then forwarded the sale to Dundee Ford. There is no paper trail. All confirmations are through email from ford.com.
If you did not actually talk to the dealer, you are partly to blame. You cannot but a car other than a Tesla without a dealer involved. Did you get the DORA build sheet or anything at all from the dealership??
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't hammer the guy or anyone for not having a signed agreement, I'd venture to guess most of us did not as many dealers either were not offering it or willing to do it for a vehicle that wasn't going to show up in inventory for a year +

It was only later on the Ford suggested doing that in their fine print if I recall correctly (after many people got screwed most likely) but even then, what could you do if your dealer said we agree to $10K adm......its not like you could move your reservation

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn't hammer the guy or anyone for not having a signed agreement, I'd venture to guess most of us did not as many dealers either were not offering it or willing to do it for a vehicle that wasn't going to show up in inventory for a year +

It was only later on the Ford suggested doing that in their fine print if I recall correctly (after many people got screwed most likely) but even then, what could you do if your dealer said we agree to $10K adm......its not like you could move your reservation

While many did not get a formal purchase agreement, most left the dealership with some type of paperwork showing what they ordered. Many of us also continued to contact the dealer along the process, not because we thought they knew more than us, but to affirm it was something we actually wanted. Many dealerships have screwed many people in this process, but it seems the majority are those who had little to no contact with their dealership and salesman.

I'd say my dealership was glad to sell me my Bronco so I would leave them alone, but they acted as excited about the Bronco every time I've talked to them, before and after the sale. I wasn't leaving anything to chance. Checked in every 4-6 weeks for updates, even though I knew they didn't have any, and went in person to meet my salesman and GM a couple of times. It was a long year and a half, but they knew dang well who I was and which Bronco was mine. I certainly didn't wait on their call.

Last edited:

sptu

Big Bend
First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm so sorry to hear that and I was almost in the same position, my dealership called me that they received my car about 2 months ago. They called me around 11am and I told them I'm on a meeting, I will return the call later on today. I mean it was Thursday, most of us have a day job. And she goes, well, I hope you do, there have been at least 3 persons coming and ask me for the Bronco, so I will give you 24 hours. By the time I got there around 6pm, someone else was looking at my car with the dealership associate. So I go I received a call about my Bronco, where is it? And he goes "oh, this is the one, this customer was just curious" but I can tell he was lying. After one hour or so he told me that he was asking for $25K markup on the Bronco and the other guy accepted, so I got lucky I just got there on time. If I had waited a little longer I would have lost my Bronco as well, it is just disappointed that dealerships don't care about their customers anymore and there is no way for you to go around them, you have to buy the car from them at the end of the day.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm so sorry to hear that and I was almost in the same position, my dealership called me that they received my car about 2 months ago. They called me around 11am and I told them I'm on a meeting, I will return the call later on today. I mean it was Thursday, most of us have a day job. And she goes, well, I hope you do, there have been at least 3 persons coming and ask me for the Bronco, so I will give you 24 hours. By the time I got there around 6pm, someone else was looking at my car with the dealership associate. So I go I received a call about my Bronco, where is it? And he goes "oh, this is the one, this customer was just curious" but I can tell he was lying. After one hour or so he told me that he was asking for $25K markup on the Bronco and the other guy accepted, so I got lucky I just got there on time. If I had waited a little longer I would have lost my Bronco as well, it is just disappointed that dealerships don't care about their customers anymore and there is no way for you to go around them, you have to buy the car from them at the end of the day.
Straight up greed. Dealerships got it good now, but times will change, they will be hurting, and people will remember how they were treated.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While many did not get a formal purchase agreement, most left the dealership with some type of paperwork showing what they ordered. Many of us also continued to contact the dealer along the process, not because we thought they knew more than us, but to affirm it was something we actually wanted. Many dealerships have screwed many people in this process, but it seems the majority are those who had little to no contact with their dealership and salesman.
Fair point, I think a lot of us also never had a true in person experience during the initial order phase due to to covid lockdowns and in-person policies at the dealers. Some of us just emailed our build specs and got the dora in return email.

Communication helps but then again a lot of dealers seemed annoyed given that the product was so far out in time and they had little details. But it helps to keep planting the seed for sure and communication may have pre empted many of these horror stories.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fair point, I think a lot of us also never had a true in person experience during the initial order phase due to to covid lockdowns and in-person policies at the dealers. Some of us just emailed our build specs and got the dora in return email.

Communication helps but then again a lot of dealers seemed annoyed given that the product was so far out in time and they had little details. But it helps to keep planting the seed for sure and communication may have pre empted many of these horror stories.

Yes, a combination of really bad dealers, naivete on the purchasers, and extenuating circumstances that all factored in.

I guess I was in the minority with a good dealer and having ordered several cars before knew what to expect, or at least thought I did. I went to the dealership before reveal night to feel them out and stayed in constant contact the whole time, mostly texts and emails, which are easy to save and use as proof to the order and everyone's understanding.

I know it's easy to use hindsight on things like this, but I just can't imagine placing an order for something I really want, and then waiting for over a year for phone call I may or may not get. Sometimes you have to make your own luck.

OP
OP
First Name
Marta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did talk to the salesman a few times throughout. They definitely knew I and my order existed..
David Manseau, my salesman from Dundee Ford called me on 9/23 to tell me Ford took away my build date and moved me to a 2023 with no build date. Only, Ford did not do that.
In hind sight, that must have been the day they promised my order to someone else. Ford continued to send me updates right up until the build and ship.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've ordered a few vehicles, the process never involved constantly nagging my dealer. No communication should be needed between order day and a dealer notifying you when it arrives (or slightly before). I understand with the Bronco, there was additional reorder steps, but putting any blame on the buyer for not "staying in touch", when nothing is happening is ridiculous.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've ordered a few vehicles, the process never involved constantly nagging my dealer. No communication should be needed between order day and a dealer notifying you when it arrives (or slightly before). I understand with the Bronco, there was additional reorder steps, but putting any blame on the buyer for not "staying in touch", when nothing is happening is ridiculous.

In an ideal world, sure, but I don't live in one of those. I didn't leave my order to chance. Staying in contact with my salesman/dealer was a small thing I could do to attempt to control the situation. I'm not good at waiting and hoping. We all know there are bad dealers and we all know stuff happens. Some of us like to decrease the chance of being a victim of our own circumstances. Some dealers are bad to the core and it wouldn't matter anyway. My advice would be stay in contact with the dealer, but if you want to do the no contact way, it's your call.

Sponsored

Rob W.

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was all done on ford.com. I paid the 100 reservation, then paid the 500 order fee all online. Ford then forwarded the sale to Dundee Ford. There is no paper trail. All confirmations are through email from ford.com.
$500 order fee? I only made the $100 reservation online. I ordered in person at the dealership 7-ish months later.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Isn’t that mechanic from youtube from Dundee Ford? The same guy that says you cannot drive in 4A and will ruin your transfer case lol. This happened before with that dealership and he decided to make a video of the reasoning. I lost my respect from him right there.

EDIT
for your viewing pleasure “no communication and then wanted a mark up” lol

PAINFUL to listen to. Obviously the dealer's spin is that the customer didn't call them to ask if the Bronco arrived. What a load of crap. I expect my dealer to let me know when my Bronco arrives. I don't need to call them every day.