Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
So originally I thought since Ford pumps out 900k F-150s a year that 165k Broncos would be no problem at all.

Its looking like the 165k number may be a tall task indeed especially being that Ford is only building the Bronco at one factory and Covid-19 will most likely be a factor.

Many reservations at this current number already may get pushed into the 2022 calendar year. What determines who, how, why and what order? Well have to wait and see.

I know the Mike and the people at Ford are hard at work doing everything they can for us. And I believe they will do everything in their power to get these orders completed so most will get their Broncos in 2021. Unfortunately in the current environment we are in many will most likely get pushed into 2022.

For now we'll just have to stay tuned for more details.

Screenshot_20200902-231751_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200903-061130_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20200903-061143_Twitter.jpg
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like Mike is saying the same thing that Ford has been saying for the past month and a half. Nothing new here. He’s just reiterating the same things listed on Ford’s website.
First deliveries are expected in June and deliveries may go in to 2022.

Ford Bronco 165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill. D3497D65-9473-44B4-8569-9AA52E42776F

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also have to remember that of those 165k reservations how many actually turn into "REAL" orders?
True! The few dealerships I spoke to said they would be surprised if even 40% actually ordered. Some even said they’re estimating 25% to 35%.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like Mike is saying the same thing that Ford has been saying for the past month and a half. Nothing new here. He’s just reiterating the same things listed on Ford’s website.
First deliveries are expected in June and deliveries may go in to 2022.

D3497D65-9473-44B4-8569-9AA52E42776F.jpeg
I understand. But your missing the point. Although Ford has already put out that information there was never a number attached to it to gauge who will get pushed into 2022. For example anything after 500k.

165k in my mind was nothing for a manufacturer to build in one year. Especially since they pump out 900k F-150s per year. But in this scenario with Covid-19 and building the Bronco in one Factory it is an issue. A chunk of 165k may get pushed into 2022 already.

Also people aren't going to stop placing new reservations from now till December the number isn't going to drop from 165k its going to keep growing. So even if you calculate people dropping out and canceling reservations its still going to be $165k ++ by Christmas. Probably much more.

Last edited:

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Registered Bronco 6G first..... How do we use the forum?!? Come on someone start planting the idea with an executive....

We are early adopters and the forum is like a quality control web site for them. Just makes sense to give them to us first!!!

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Covid won't be an issue by the time they actually start producing Bronco. It might not even be as big a deal by the time we order the way it looks.
My feeling is there is already a pivot underway toward "global warming" and the environment. It is almost like someone sent a memo.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They don't know how many cancellations they'll have so they have to say 2022 to cover themselves in the event more people follow through with an order than the company expects.

I believe that people in that 165K number who actually place an order will get their Bronco next spring. After all, we just floated Ford a 0% interest, $16.5M loan.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is what it is.. I don’t mind the wait til fall of 2021 but I most likely will be out if it pushes into 2022. I love the Bronco but I’m not
Going to wait possibly two years for
It. I bet a lot of people won’t either.

I still don’t think half of the 165k will turn to actual orders. Ford has no way of knowing how long builds will take until after the order window closes..

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
They don't know how many cancellations they'll have so they have to say 2022 to cover themselves in the event more people follow through with an order than the company expects.

I believe that people in that 165K number who actually place an order will get their Bronco next spring. After all, we just floated Ford a 0% interest, $16.5M loan.
Ford Motor Co's gross revenue is ~$17.8M per hour so I'm not sure that our collective "loan" of $16.5M is going to move the needle much on anything operationally.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am wondering how many reservations they will really have by time ordering starts. There will probably be a large amount of people that won't even fulfill their order.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, lets get back on track here. I am wondering how many reservations they will really have by time ordering starts. There will probably be a large amount of people that won't even fulfill their order.
Not all but many of the people in the first 165k that reserved a Bronco are hard-core Bronco fans that have been waiting for a long time for this moment. I don't see very many dropping their reservations if any at all. Now people that come later yes they may change their minds.

I think hoping for 50% to drop their reservations is a pipe dream and wishful thinking. I think you'll be surprised at just how many people want this vehicle bad. It almost has a cult following.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.