Sponsored

Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts.

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My son has a $300(?)(creality ender-3 pro) one, and it's more of a novelty than anything. I certainly wouldn't buy one in that price range, hoping to make useful things. With that said, for simply entertainment purposes it was worth the money, although they can also be frustrating at times.
I was actually very happy with results from my Ender 3. With a BL-Touch for auto-bed leveling, 9 times out of 10 it would print great. But that 1/10 bugs the OCD inside me so I upgraded to a Prusa. Probably only had 1 print out of last 40 with an issue and I chalk that up to some old filament.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This looks to have some stabilizing ribs across the bottom of it which don't seem that they would print well with bridging and no supports.

Ford Bronco Show me your 3D printed accessories. 3D Prints for Bronco Enthusiasts. 1667946818693
I don't remember why i did that. Maybe my thought was that those ribs would bridge easily and act as joists for the full bottom bridging, versus it going the full width.

I also didn't consider using support blockers to have a single narrow support in the middle instead of the entire thing

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is what I created for our Bronco:

Alas, the Texas heat took it's toll and after 6 months or so, they started to droop! Nice while they lasted tho!

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Alas, the Texas heat took it's toll and after 6 months or so, they started to droop! Nice while they lasted tho!
Nice though!

What part of TX? SATX here... 🐴

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

DCtoobs42

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 T4R Limited (RIP)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't have the equipment but had an idea for a phone mount that attaches at the bronco nameplate to the right of the AT shifter. Use the two bolts to make a ball mount that come up for a magsafe charger. I think mine utilizes a 17mm ball. I could probably also acheive this with bent sheet metal and a ball from Amazon, but that wouldn't be as sexy.

Since the bronco has carplay, I shouldn't need the phone up on the dash, right?

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What did you print them in? PETG is some amazing stuff and I would bet will not warp as well as will be far stronger than ABS or PLA. PETG is amazing stuff for anything you need that needs to be super strong and rigid.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't have the equipment but had an idea for a phone mount that attaches at the bronco nameplate to the right of the AT shifter. Use the two bolts to make a ball mount that come up for a magsafe charger. I think mine utilizes a 17mm ball. I could probably also acheive this with bent sheet metal and a ball from Amazon, but that wouldn't be as sexy.

Since the bronco has carplay, I shouldn't need the phone up on the dash, right?
I've had no issues with wireless android auto while phone is in pocket or sitting or in the cupholder area. It definitely has a short range but I think in or or a few feet from the vehicle you are good to go.

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't remember why i did that. Maybe my thought was that those ribs would bridge easily and act as joists for the full bottom bridging, versus it going the full width.

I also didn't consider using support blockers to have a single narrow support in the middle instead of the entire thing
I would just flip it right side up from bottom to top with supports up the sides. If you do it upside down the inside bottom will look bad IMO and that's the part you will see.

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What did you print them in? PETG is some amazing stuff and I would bet will not warp as well as will be far stronger than ABS or PLA. PETG is amazing stuff for anything you need that needs to be super strong and rigid.
Yeah, I used PLA - it was one of the first things I printed using my printer. Definitely will look into PETG for the future. I'd looked into Carbon Fiber filament too, but I read that it really tears up the nozzle.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Polylite ASA works very well for high temp applications. I printed some 67 designs replica ball mounts for my Yaesu control panel and they've held up perfectly fine in the California desert heat.

I'll link over those STLs when I can collect them. I also sliced up someone else's Garmin Inreach Mini model and was able to maniulate it enough to mount it on the end of a 67D ball. Way cheaper than paying JeepUniq $65+

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
I3lackRose

I3lackRose

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll try this! I'm still breaking in my new Prusa MK3S+ and I haven't printed in PETG yet
This is neat. I'm thinking about maybe doing one but I'm thinking a brake light built in it might be a neat upgrade to it.
Sponsored