First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just got mine replaced. The service writeup says that the part number for the new drive shaft is MB3Z-4A376-U, but the sticker on the part is MB3W-4A376-BE. Hey @flip , did they use the correct part, or did they just replace it with another old one?
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sticker is the engineering number, not the service part.

Ford Bronco INCOMING: Driveshaft Recall (Customer Satisfaction Program 22B27) - replacement needed to avoid cracked boot 1667586445835

Ford Bronco INCOMING: Driveshaft Recall (Customer Satisfaction Program 22B27) - replacement needed to avoid cracked boot 1667586893968

Last edited:

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My recall went from "It's a 1 hour job" to "they could need it 2-3 days" to when I finally dropped it off "it'll be 3-5 days"

.. THEN WHY THE @#$%%^ DID YOU MAKE THE APPOINTMENT FOR A WEEK BEFORE YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO THE WORK!?!?!

I'm so fed up with this service department.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My recall went from "It's a 1 hour job" to "they could need it 2-3 days" to when I finally dropped it off "it'll be 3-5 days"

.. THEN WHY THE @#$%%^ DID YOU MAKE THE APPOINTMENT FOR A WEEK BEFORE YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO THE WORK!?!?!

And in my opinion @Ford Motor Company is dropping the ball on their side to.
Opened a case. They tried calling me once. I couldn't answer it because I was in a meeting at work. They've made no further attempt to contact me about it.
I've no idea what they're doing from their side, if anything.
And no loaner from the dealership. And no rental price agreement between dealership and any rental car places any more.
So they make an appointment for a day, knowing they can't won't look at it on that day.
Then want me to leave my only car for a week with no assistance for loaner or rental or anything.

I'm not just getting fed up with the dealer's service department. But ford itself.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

7/21 Build and no recall listed online here

Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I called to make the appointment, the lady on the phone specifically said she was checking with parts to see if what they needed was in stock.
Put me on hold to do it. Came back and said yes they are.

I just asked for an update from the advisor, and got "we had to do the inspection first, we've done that and ordered the parts based on what it needs".

This is what adds up to me just not liking ford much any more. One of these employees lied. Either of them doing that is not acceptable.

MAJOP

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello there! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I can look into things on my end.

This is a clusterF... Called the dealer, they said it doesn't apply to me..... I'm looking at the hardcopy letter sent to me and I'm clearly affected.... called the Ford Customer Relationship Center on the letter.... they informed me that it's not a recall - it's a Customer Satisfaction Program - and it's optional.

I told them I want a new driveshaft

They referred me back to the dealer who is willing to inspect my driveshaft but not replace it

I referred them to the letter - which says from Ford - "we've authorized your dealer to replace the front driveshaft...."

They scheduled me for two weeks out, but can't confirm they have parts available.

I'm done with these guys

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm done.

I've had enough of both my dealer and Ford.

I haven't decided what my next vehicle will be. Maybe a taco or 4runner.

But it will not be a Ford.

Flbronco4965

Big Bend
First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just called Sarasota Ford about the recall for the driveshaft replacement. They are telling me that they will only replace the driveshaft if there is a problem. I need to bring it into them and have them look at it but if nothing is wrong they will charge me a diagnostic fee. The recall does not say anything about replacement only of problem exists. So looks like they are aware of a problem but the dealer won’t fix it until you are broke down on the side of the road.

i called Food customer care and the lady was telling me the same thing they will only fix if broken. When I read her the wording on the letter and asked for her name to document who I talked to when I called she hung up on me.

Does anyone else have further information on this recall or have had this recall completed on their Bronco?

Ford Motor Company
@Ford

Broncoman23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just called Sarasota Ford about the recall for the driveshaft replacement. They are telling me that they will only replace the driveshaft if there is a problem. I need to bring it into them and have them look at it but if nothing is wrong they will charge me a diagnostic fee. The recall does not say anything about replacement only of problem exists. So looks like they are aware of a problem but the dealer won’t fix it until you are broke down on the side of the road.

i called Food customer care and the lady was telling me the same thing they will only fix if broken. When I read her the wording on the letter and asked for her name to document who I talked to when I called she hung up on me.

Does anyone else have further information on this recall or have had this recall completed on their Bronco?

Ford Motor Company
@Ford
@Ford Motor Company - this is not how the letter reads. Please take a look.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Mine said that they can't order because they are backordered until 18 November 2022 (sounds like BS to me).

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And in my opinion @Ford Motor Company is dropping the ball on their side to.
Opened a case. They tried calling me once. I couldn't answer it because I was in a meeting at work. They've made no further attempt to contact me about it.
I've no idea what they're doing from their side, if anything.
And no loaner from the dealership. And no rental price agreement between dealership and any rental car places any more.
So they make an appointment for a day, knowing they can't won't look at it on that day.
Then want me to leave my only car for a week with no assistance for loaner or rental or anything.

I'm not just getting fed up with the dealer's service department. But ford itself.
You need a new dealer.
Dad always said that new cars are only as GOOD as the dealer that sells/services them.....he was right!

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just called Sarasota Ford about the recall for the driveshaft replacement. They are telling me that they will only replace the driveshaft if there is a problem. I need to bring it into them and have them look at it but if nothing is wrong they will charge me a diagnostic fee. The recall does not say anything about replacement only of problem exists. So looks like they are aware of a problem but the dealer won’t

Ford Motor Company
@Ford
I think that some dealers are not up to speed on this replacement.
It’s not a recall- Ford appears to believe that these will fail- it’s just a matter of time.
Just make sure your dealer document’s your attempt to replace it and that they are aware of the line that states responsibility for future damage if not replaced.
You can try a different dealer.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why is Ford doing this? Money.

They realize that many/most of these boots will fail, due to a material defect, and that will destroy the much more expensive shaft... which will have to be replaced under warranty.

They will replace the shaft and remanufacture the replacement shafts with new boots (likely at a suppliers expense). This is likely to save them hundreds to thousands of dollars per vehicle in losses due to warranty costs.

I guarantee you that profit is the motivation here.
Sponsored