First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This looks to be a much better option than spacers. The Bilstein website says that the 5100s will increase wheel travel. Does anyone know how much?
Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This looks to be a much better option than spacers. The Bilstein website says that the 5100s will increase wheel travel. Does anyone know how much?
They are the same diameter and length as SAS-Bilsteins. Huge improvement over the Hitachi shocks for day to day driving. Extra firmness helps control my bigger tires on the freeway. Went from having to slow down on speed bumps to 40mph fly overs!

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone know if these can be installed while maintaining stock height or maybe a front level? (I’m non-SAS) I’m already right on the border with regards to height in my parking garage but I’d really like to upgrade from the Hitachis.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone know if these can be installed while maintaining stock height or maybe a front level? (I’m non-SAS) I’m already right on the border with regards to height in my parking garage but I’d really like to upgrade from the Hitachis.
For non-Sasquatch vehicles the minimum height adjustment is 1" front and rear.

tucktato

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m getting these installed next week for 35’s. I off-road moderate trails all over the west. But I also live in LA. Anyone have issues with rub or anything else when moderate off-roading at the 1 inch lift setting? I’m debating between 1 and 1.5 inch to keep roof clearance low as possible while being able to fully off-road. I know the Sas is 1.1 inch higher than non-Sas. So wonder if 1 inch will be good. Also I assume that 1/2 inch less angle will stress steering components less. Thoughts?

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m getting these installed next week for 35’s. I off-road moderate trails all over the west. But I also live in LA. Anyone have issues with rub or anything else when moderate off-roading at the 1 inch lift setting? I’m debating between 1 and 1.5 inch to keep roof clearance low as possible while being able to fully off-road. I know the Sas is 1.1 inch higher than non-Sas. So wonder if 1 inch will be good. Also I assume that 1/2 inch less angle will stress steering components less. Thoughts?
You shouldn't have any rubbing with the correct offset wheel. Height is up to you, I am in the taller is better group just due to belly clearance. I will say the more lift the less flex you will have.

tucktato

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You shouldn't have any rubbing with the correct offset wheel. Height is up to you, I am in the taller is better group just due to belly clearance. I will say the more lift the less flex you will have.
Thanks. I ended up going 1.5" and really happy with it. Taking it to Moab next week and will see how it performs offroad.

Ford Bronco Bilstein 5100 adjustable lift shocks installed. Before & after pics (updated with Wildtrak tires & wheels) IMG_0044

Ford Bronco Bilstein 5100 adjustable lift shocks installed. Before & after pics (updated with Wildtrak tires & wheels) IMG_0045

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

ScumbagTakumi

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AE86 Corolla (S2K SWAP), 08 Acura MDX AKA THE GOAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tested these for work on my Sasquatch and can confirm they cycle about a half inch more travel in the front and just under an inch in the rear from my lazy calculations. When set to "stock" height with Sasquatch springs, it was very obvious that preload was a whole lot less, which confirms they are just a hair longer. We obviously still had them on our compressor, but it didn't even seem like we needed to compress the rear springs to assemble them at that height, just to give you an idea of the length difference. I found for most driving that these were actually a bit more comfortable than the stock ESCVs, but they do bottom out a good bit easier and with a lot less warning than the stockers when you push them. I also did find body roll and brake dive were a bit excessive at the lowest setting, so I definitely would recommend setting them up for some lift over Sasquatch height, particularly if you are using Sasquatch springs. Usually, preload does not make that much of a difference, but I think these do really work a whole lot better with more preload rather than less.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've already made the jump and installed 5100s on my 2 Door Black Diamond, setting them for 1.5" lift. They are definitely an improvement over the stock Hitachis, but I have yet to push their off-highway limits.

Your post is excellent information though. I have a friend that is considering lifting her Badlands (non-Sasquatch). Sounds like the 5100s would give her the lift she wants but would be a step down in off-highway performance.

Thanks.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've already made the jump and installed 5100s on my 2 Door Black Diamond, setting them for 1.5" lift. They are definitely an improvement over the stock Hitachis, but I have yet to push their off-highway limits.

Your post is excellent information though. I have a friend that is considering lifting her Badlands (non-Sasquatch). Sounds like the 5100s would give her the lift she wants but would be a step down in off-highway performance.

Thanks.
I have a non Sasquatch Big Bend and intend to do the same. I have the 5100's but haven't installed yet. My plan is to set front at 1.5" and rear at 1.75". My BB never had rake, but I want a little. Three corners are level, the left front is 3/8" low since my winch install. I'm running 265/70x17 (BD size) tires and don't want too much lift, just enough to raise the fuel tank and other hang downs a bit. And really my only complaint with the Hitachi's is brake dive.
Any regrets at setting to 1.5? Did the Bilstein's help with the dive (if you had it originally)? Any other suggestions?

OP
OP
Bronco Don

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a non Sasquatch Big Bend and intend to do the same. I have the 5100's but haven't installed yet. My plan is to set front at 1.5" and rear at 1.75". My BB never had rake, but I want a little. Three corners are level, the left front is 3/8" low since my winch install. I'm running 265/70x17 (BD size) tires and don't want too much lift, just enough to raise the fuel tank and other hang downs a bit. And really my only complaint with the Hitachi's is brake dive.
Any regrets at setting to 1.5? Did the Bilstein's help with the dive (if you had it originally)? Any other suggestions?
I put mine all the way up and love it everyday all most 3” and looks great and rides beautifully

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I put mine all the way up and love it everyday all most 3” and looks great and rides beautifully
Same. Very happy with the 5100s for a DD in the interim of something more purpose built and premium.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have no regrets at 1.5". I'm running 285/70/R17 Falken AT3Ws and think the wheel well gap is just about right. With 265/70R17s, it might be too much. Although the picture doesn't show it, it has the factory rake which I like. I've never understood the obsession for leveling--throw a cooler and some gear in the back and you're squatting. The extra clearance makes a significant difference and wheel travel increased too! There's still nose dive when braking but it's not a bad as before. I'm surprised that with the winch your Bronco is still level, and it doesn't seem right that one front side sits that much lower than the other. Have you had anyone look at it?
Ford Bronco Bilstein 5100 adjustable lift shocks installed. Before & after pics (updated with Wildtrak tires & wheels) B1

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No one's looked at it bt me lol. It has always sat a little lower LF, but not noticeable until I measured, and I measured a couple places to be sure. Anyway thanks for the report, confirms I don't want to go over 1.5 front, I'll still go 1.75 rear as you said a little rake is good. I keep a hundred pounds of stuff in the back always and of course my winch up front.
I'm running Falken Rubitreks and like the a lot so far.
Sponsored