First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if I am missing something but I have the daytime running lights turned on in settings and headlight switched to auto but no lights. Is there something else I need to do?
Thanks.
Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do the daytime running lights (probably just the headlights) come on and stay on during the day? II have them set to be on (believe it is the defult) but get no indication on the dash about them. I never looked at the front while running during the day so don't know that they do work.

The only time I see the green indication on the dash being on during daytime seems to be at times when the auto setting gets confused by deep shadows in otherwise bright day. At those times I notice the dash brightness change as it switches from full bright daylight to my dimmed down setting which I set at night.

OP
OP

Tuna Colada

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do the daytime running lights (probably just the headlights) come on and stay on during the day? II have them set to be on (believe it is the defult) but get no indication on the dash about them. I never looked at the front while running during the day so don't know that they do work.

The only time I see the green indication on the dash being on during daytime seems to be at times when the auto setting gets confused by deep shadows in otherwise bright day. At those times I notice the dash brightness change as it switches from full bright daylight to my dimmed down setting which I set at night.
They are supposed to come on and stay on during the day but don’t. I’ve see what you describe but I think if the daytime running lights are on there wouldn’t be any indication. Never had an indication in any other car I’ve had. Will take it to dealer so they can look at it.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have the signature lighting? Or just the base lights? With the signature lighting the headlights don't come on for DRLs, only the rings around the headlights and the horizontal turn signal bars (all in white, not amber).

OP
OP

Tuna Colada

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have the signature lighting? Or just the base lights? With the signature lighting the headlights don't come on for DRLs, only the rings around the headlights and the horizontal turn signal bars (all in white, not amber).
I have the signature lights- Badlands Lux- but there is no light at all with the DRL setting. No rings, no horizontal turn signal bars.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My OBX, set the headlight switch to automatic, DRLs will only light up when in gear. Green indicator lights on the dash are for headlight and fog lights on.

OP
OP

Tuna Colada

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My OBX, set the headlight switch to automatic, DRLs will only light up when in gear. Green indicator lights on the dash are for headlight and fog lights on.
Very interesting. Hard to check your own vehicle from outside when in gear! Will have to see if it is only because I am looking at it in park. Never had a car/truck that worked that way. It was always ignition on- DRLs on.
Thanks.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, might want to visually check it by driving up toward a store window before you bring it to the dealer...

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very interesting. Hard to check your own vehicle from outside when in gear! Will have to see if it is only because I am looking at it in park. Never had a car/truck that worked that way. It was always ignition on- DRLs on.
Thanks.

I've owned several vehicle that do not turn the DRL on until you put it in gear, then it stays on regardless of gear until you turn it off. If you are just starting it in park and looking at it, you may want to have it in gear to check. Easy enough to check at night from the inside as long as you are parked against something that will reflect the light when it comes on.

OP
OP

Tuna Colada

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've owned several vehicle that do not turn the DRL on until you put it in gear, then it stays on regardless of gear until you turn it off. If you are just starting it in park and looking at it, you may want to have it in gear to check. Easy enough to check at night from the inside as long as you are parked against something that will reflect the light when it comes on.
Thanks for the info. If I try to check at night, the auto headlights will be on already. Will try with someone standing in front during day.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the info. If I try to check at night, the auto headlights will be on already. Will try with someone standing in front during day.

Yeah, checking that way at night might not work in the Bronco. I can turn on only DRLs in my Toyota and check it that way, but the Bronco may be all or nothing.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks.
Park in front of a window at a retail strip and put it in gear. Look at the back of the vehicle in front of you for your light reflection when stopped at a traffic light.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was the first thing I noticed in the “delivery bay window”. Start it up and I see no reflection in the glass and I’m like what? Put it in reverse and they came on. Whew. Crisis averted.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That was the first thing I noticed in the “delivery bay window”. Start it up and I see no reflection in the glass and I’m like what? Put it in reverse and they came on. Whew. Crisis averted.
Same for me. It was one of the first things I was looking for when I hopped in at the dealership. Sig lighting was one of the main reasons why I opted for OBX over BD.
Sponsored