Sponsored

Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles?

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just announced:

- 4xE electric plug in hybrids
- 4xE Wrangler with quiet engine, good torque, and 50mpge!
- Grand Wagoneer ($100k+, I wanna see that version of the Bronco)

I'm still sold on Bronco, but I'm thinking about waiting for that Hybrid now! Tax Rebates & gas prices are set to go up soon!

Eg_gibaX0AEbWn-.jpeg

IMG_4453.PNG

Eg_jQKBWoAIxODd.jpeg
Hybrid is impressive.
Sponsored

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just announced:

I'm still sold on Bronco, but I'm thinking about waiting for that Hybrid now! Tax Rebates & gas prices are set to go up soon!

Eg_gibaX0AEbWn-.jpeg

IMG_4453.PNG

Eg_jQKBWoAIxODd.jpeg
Yep. Hard 'no' for me

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why yes, yes it does because...”It’s a Jeep thing!”
I recently test drove 3 different JLUs 2 Rubicons and 1 Sport S (all at the same dealer) and they all drove, handled, and steered different. I even let air out of the tires until they were all at 32psi. “We don’t got to fix it, if we never admit the front end has issues.“
I have owned a JL Rubicon for two years. I have never experienced the death wobble period. I will admit the steering is vague and not precise but not to the point that I have ever been concerned.

I still want the new Bronco and know that it will be that much better but my experience with the death wobble is nothing like what some advertise it to be.

I am keeping my Jeep and giving it my wife who I still like... I do expect that she will want the Bronco once I get it and we will then be looking for Bronco #2.

thankfully I live close to Granger!

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just announced:

Eg_gibaX0AEbWn-.jpeg

IMG_4453.PNG

Eg_jQKBWoAIxODd.jpeg
Not a Jeep fan.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ??????????????????????? ???????????????????????

Ford Bronco Anyone else checking out the new Jeep vehicles? tenor

MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't even begin to understand the fascination with hybrids

You're paying more to save some gas, where unless you own it for years and tons of miles, won't recoup the difference.

What am I missing?

OP
OP
Edelfin

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You're paying more to save some gas, where unless you own it for years and tons of miles, won't recoup the difference.

What am I missing?
I think the cost savings of actually filling up on gas is minimal once you factor the higher sale price. I do think there is something to the ability of hybrids to "keep their value" longer. Some 5-10 year old used Hybrids are still worth and sell for more than newer vehicles. Those tend to be brands built on that tech though like Toyota & Tesla, so it'll be interesting to see if the Jeep or Ford's quality stands the test of time.

My Prius has a KBB value way above what I thought it would be after all this time. My SUV was bought months apart and has declined quicker.

Last edited:

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just announced:

I'm all for electrification. Think it has to be the future along with cleaner ways to create the electricity to charge them. I'm a little more worried about an off-roader with a super complex PHEV system with 4 motors (1 gas, 2 full electric motors for drive, 1 more electric to handle the PHEV part). So many people especially on the Jeep side saying how hard it is to fix IFS on the trails. How hard is it going to be to fix a PHEV engine? Also this thing only has a 2.5Kw charger. Gonna take 12 hours to charge it full. No super charger for this thing. It's awesome Jeep is trying to get cleaner. Just not ready for it on the off-roader.

OP
OP
Edelfin

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm all for electrification. Think it has to be the future along with cleaner ways to create the electricity to charge them. I'm a little more worried about an off-roader with a super complex PHEV system with 4 motors (1 gas, 2 full electric motors for drive, 1 more electric to handle the PHEV part). So many people especially on the Jeep side saying how hard it is to fix IFS on the trails. How hard is it going to be to fix a PHEV engine? Also this thing only has a 2.5Kw charger. Gonna take 12 hours to charge it full. No super charger for this thing. It's awesome Jeep is trying to get cleaner. Just not ready for it on the off-roader.
I don't know how hard it'll be to fix, but I'm 1000% sure it will cost more...

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the cost savings of actually filling up on gas is minimal once you factor the higher sale price. I do think there is something to the ability of hybrids to "keep their value" longer. Some 5-10 year old used Hybrids are still worth and sell for more than newer vehicles. Those tend to be brands built on that tech though like Toyota & Tesla, so it'll be interesting to see if the Jeep or Ford's quality stands the test of time.

My Prius has a KBB value way above what I thought it would be after all this time. My SUV was brought months apart and has declined quicker.
True, this time I'm looking at things with an open mind.

Just a shame diesel isn't viable as it used to be

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep that's what I want to rely upon..batteries that need toxic rare earth elements from China or are mined by children in Africa..no thanks.

I don't have time to charge anyway...unless you are retired it's just not feasible

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forget the fuel efficiency of the hybrid. It is capable of driving either exclusively (almost) on gas or exclusively on the electric motor. The beauty of this thing will be the ability to drive to the trail on gas, then do the really difficult wheeling obstacles on electricity. If you’ve never driven an EV, you won’t probably get it, but the ability to modulate torque is light years ahead of combustion engines. There is no revving or dealing with wheel-spin. You can easily just hold it right on an obstacle and then get max torque while easily maintaining complete control. If the 4xE was available with the manual transmission, I’d get it. But I’m 100% sure it will be paired only with the auto.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has plenty of vehicles with hybrid power trains, so I can't believe they aren't capable of producing a hybrid Bronco in a timely manner. As others has stated, it could be a "wait and see" strategy.

As for the Grand Waggy, meh, although lots of people pay stupid money for restored older Wagoneer models with a solid 10 MPG....

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

What am I missing?
A few things...

One: if you're in stop and go traffic alot, it's nice to be in all electric mode to save the cost on idling your car.

Two: If your commute is short enough, you could theoretically go to work and back on electric alone...saving on gas or time lost fueling up.

Three: As others have mentioned, you can have the 100% electric torque available when you need it. It's sort of like a bottle of nitro.

It's got it's appeals, especially as we bridge the gap between ICE and Electric. You get to enjoy the benefits of an electric vehicle for a short window and then go back to having an ICE vehicle...less of a compromise for many people.
Sponsored