Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Pretty sure there is enough in the queue to run out MY23 with no more orders, but it seems Ford likes to build backlog, its good for the stock portfolio.
Sponsored

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

He did, somewhere between 53:00 and 58:00.
Taken from his comments, 45-50k unfilled 2022 orders, nearly 50% of them still in Priority 99 (as of 11/7/22).
Plus a huge % of those orders were for Everglades. That seems strange.
Start around 52:00.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got a build date for my Mav a month after the 23 books opened in September. I have some hope that when the 23 books open my 21 order will finally be built.

Sponsored

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Let’s assume the banks open Feb 2023. Is it realistic to expect a MY23 Bronco to be built by the end of the year? Or are we basically ordering MY24 Broncos at that point?

I’d like to get one when they have a model refresh, is it still looking like MY25 will be when the changes happen?

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let’s assume the banks open Feb 2023. Is it realistic to expect a MY23 Bronco to be built by the end of the year? Or are we basically ordering MY24 Broncos at that point?

I’d like to get one when they have a model refresh, is it still looking like MY25 will be when the changes happen?
Nobody knows. I think a four door soft top has a very high chance of being built. It also doesn't seem like Ford prioritizes old orders that much. My Maverick was a brand new order and I got a build date in 4 weeks. Others have been waiting for 12+ months. Don't assume a fresh 23 order puts you at the back of the line.

On the refresh front, we don't know. GM ditched the refresh for the C8 because they simply don't have to, demand is high and production is tough. No need to shake things up when there's a line out the door.

I could see the same thing happening w/Bronco. 2025 does seem very probable for an update, but even people within Ford probably don't have concrete launch times yet. Imagine waiting till 2024 to order your Bronco, and the refresh gets delayed to 2026. That's a long ass time.

My advice would be to buy/order the car you want today. Don't worry about what may or may not happen in the future.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nobody knows. I think a four door soft top has a very high chance of being built. It also doesn't seem like Ford prioritizes old orders that much. My Maverick was a brand new order and I got a build date in 4 weeks. Others have been waiting for 12+ months. Don't assume a fresh 23 order puts you at the back of the line.

On the refresh front, we don't know. GM ditched the refresh for the C8 because they simply don't have to, demand is high and production is tough. No need to shake things up when there's a line out the door.

I could see the same thing happening w/Bronco. 2025 does seem very probable for an update, but even people within Ford probably don't have concrete launch times yet. Imagine waiting till 2024 to order your Bronco, and the refresh gets delayed to 2026. That's a long ass time.

My advice would be to buy/order the car you want today. Don't worry about what may or may not happen in the future.
Good points, thanks for the insight. I’ll just place an order when the banks open.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome news! Maybe, just maybe Ford is serious about cleaning up all these old orders.

Respectfully, this is not awesome news. Them taking new orders says to me they are moving on. There are still very early rez holders who are unscheduled. I'm at 851 days. This is ridiculous. They are going to be making dealer stock AND new orders before some of us get our trucks. If they said April or May, I would believe they are serious about clearing the backlog. Has anyone else gotten a build date since that last gold rush about 2-3 weeks ago. There wasn't a lot of fanfare on the forum and there was supposedly going to be scheduling the past couple of weeks.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In terms of a refresh, I'm not sure how much they can actually do with it, like how Jeep can only do so much to a Wrangler. I guess there may be some interior refinements that could be made, but I wouldn't expect too much, espicially if demand stays strong.

Sponsored

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Respectfully, this is not awesome news. Them taking new orders says to me they are moving on. There are still very early rez holders who are unscheduled. I'm at 851 days. This is ridiculous. They are going to be making dealer stock AND new orders before some of us get our trucks. If they said April or May, I would believe they are serious about clearing the backlog. Has anyone else gotten a build date since that last gold rush about 2-3 weeks ago. There wasn't a lot of fanfare on the forum and there was supposedly going to be scheduling the past couple of weeks.
FWIW, I finally got scheduled last Thursday (11/3). I've been monitoring every scheduling day since May of 2021 and I'm out-of-town/unaware the day I actually get scheduled. Figures!! :rolleyes:

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This would be bad news. Broncos are already scheduled up through the week of December 19th. Plus you have the holidays and plant closures. If this were true that would only leave the January scheduling weeks exclusive to current reservation/order holders. What is that like 10,000 units of production? Plus the continued constraint issues making some orders unbuildable. That won't put a dent in the backlog.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they opened up the order banks in February, but don't allow ANY new orders to be placed with current or even potential constraints. By that I mean no new orders can contain MIC tops, Heritage Edition (MOD tops), 2 doors, Sasquatch, tow, High package, Lux package, etc. Gray them out if that's possible in the ordering system. If supplies can exceed demand then allow it. That would leave the constrained commodities to current order holders. At least leave the special edition Everglades and Heritage (mod top exclusive) to just the current order/reservation holders. Throw us a bone for being patient @Ford Motor Company . We all know this is dreaming after waiting this long.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This would be bad news. Broncos are already scheduled up through the week of December 19th. Plus you have the holidays and plant closures. If this were true that would only leave the January scheduling weeks exclusive to current reservation/order holders. What is that like 10,000 units of production? Plus the continued constraint issues making some orders unbuildable. That won't put a dent in the backlog.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they opened up the order banks in February, but don't allow ANY new orders to be placed with current or even potential constraints. By that I mean no new orders can contain MIC tops, Heritage Edition (MOD tops), 2 doors, Sasquatch, tow, High package, Lux package, etc. Gray them out if that's possible in the ordering system. If supplies can exceed demand then allow it. That would leave the constrained commodities to current order holders. At least leave the special edition Everglades and Heritage (mod top exclusive) to just the current order/reservation holders. Throw us a bone for being patient @Ford Motor Company . We all know this is dreaming after waiting this long.
Depending on when they open up in Feb there could be 4 rounds of scheduling before then. Figure in Nov they will schedule for January, Dec for Feb, Jan for March and then Feb for April. That is potentially 40k Broncos based on the average of 11.5k units built per month and figuring in a plant shut down. My napkin math shows between 60k and 90k eligible orders for MY23 (230k reservations minus 170k built to date plus walk-ins) of which only a fraction (half?, two thirds?) will convert and of which about 20k(?) have already been scheduled for MY23. Again, napkin math and speculation on my part but I don't think the backlog is as big as everyone thinks it is.

burntomaro

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks OP. Ready to get my order in and get the painstaking process started.
Sponsored