Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey 6G,
As many of you know, we like to do some testing on our new products and Pre-Run some future trails for the 4xMore Runs. Pinyon Mountain is one of the Jeep Badge of honor trails, its considered a level 8 trail due to 3 big obstacles. Its always been on our list to run, but many of us wondered if the new Bronco would fit. As far as we knew, no 6G Bronco has yet to attempt it, or completed the trail. So myself and the Ocotillo Trail Riders Club set out to test it this weekend.

The first, which is also the gatekeeper for the trail, is a famous section called the squeeze. It’s an extremely narrow rock opening that cascades down into a wash. This is the definition of threading the needle. They key is to press your passenger tire up against the rock to push you off the rock, you then need to turn into the hole at the bottom to pull your rear cap away from the rock as you keep going. For a stock bronco with aftermarket rock sliders you can do this no problem. If you remove the plastic fender flares, you'll have plenty of tire to space you off the rock to passenger as your sliders engage with it. We took no structural damage going through it, we only left paint and doubts behind.
Ford Bronco Pinyon Mountain Trail... The Bronco Fits! Pinyon Squeeze
Ford Bronco Pinyon Mountain Trail... The Bronco Fits! IMG_9520.JPG

Quickly after that obstacle you are greeted with window rock, which is an offset step up that if you don't take far enough to the passenger with late cut to the driver.... you'll discover why it earned its name. After you get through here, you'll have about a mile of rock crawling trail to help build the suspense to what's next.
Ford Bronco Pinyon Mountain Trail... The Bronco Fits! Rock

The next obstacle, and basically the last part of this trail is Heat Attack hill. Heart Attack Hill, is just over a hundred foot long downhill that reaches angles in excess of 70 degrees, and has pot holes littered on the way down. Making any simple mistakes or over breaking a costly lessons that have led to rollovers in the past. The key is to manage the momentum and place the tires in ways that balance the side movement of the pot holes.
Ford Bronco Pinyon Mountain Trail... The Bronco Fits! Heart

After Heart Attack Hill its a nice drive through Fish Creek wash out to the highway. We want to thank the Ocotillo Trail Riders Club, they're knowledge and experience with this trail and that area is second to none. If you live in the SD/Socal area I would highly recommend joining thier FB group. They are often the people behind the scenes breaking the trails collapsed due to rain, or fixing them when people completely destroy by others. For those of you who want to see more videos, dont worry we'll be posting them on the @4XMORE_Bronco Instagram.

Cheers,

AJ

Pinyon Squeeze.jpg

IMG_9520.JPG

Rock.jpg

Heart.jpg
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, it looks like stock fenders and no flares would have made it unscathed... Definitely rock sliders required!

Love to see this. Love to see people out there wheeling Broncos.

The fact that a post like this has no comments after an hour is a little disheartening though. Especially when the 1000th post about window stickers gets 3 comments in a few minutes. I am SO ready for this forum to move past the Bronco order and receiving stage.

THANK YOU for taking the time to create this post. Awesome experience. Awesome pictures. I would LOVE to do this trail sometime.

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing a great write up and beautiful photos! This really makes me want to get back out on the trails.

I really love the ADV fenders, but seeing the damage they took from a tight squeeze has me rethinking that possible purchase

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, it looks like stock fenders and no flares would have made it unscathed... Definitely rock sliders required!

Love to see this. Love to see people out there wheeling Broncos.

THANK YOU for taking the time to create this post. Awesome experience. Awesome pictures.
I agree. Thanks AJ (y)

The fact that a post like this has no comments after an hour is a little disheartening though. Especially when the 1000th post about window stickers gets 3 comments in a few minutes. I am SO ready for this forum to move past the Bronco order and receiving stage.
[/QUOTE
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, what a rush. Love the tale and the pics. Definitely out there doing instead of dreaming.
I love it.
Nice to see the ADV's only came out a bit lighter on paint and not busted up.
I'd love to see a video of the Heart Attack Hill section, both in-car and spectator-perspective (I'm sure a quick YT search would satisfy my curiosity).

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
This stuff is awesome and just what the Bronco was designed for but for the majority these hardcore vehicle damaging potentially warranty voiding activities are tough to stomach and participate in when making payments on $50k+ sometimes daily drivers with leather, lane keep and 12” infotainment…

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Awesome squeeze there!

Is that a four door with a "half cab" back so it is like a four door Bronco truck?

stachequatch

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome squeeze there!

Is that a four door with a "half cab" back so it is like a four door Bronco truck?
Yeah I was trying to figure out what was going on with that too. I think he might have the roof panels on without the back cab.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...For a stock bronco with aftermarket rock sliders you can do this no problem. If you remove the plastic fender flares, you'll have plenty of tire to space you off the rock to passenger as your sliders engage with it. We took no structural damage going through it, we only left paint and doubts behind...

Ford Bronco Pinyon Mountain Trail... The Bronco Fits! Heart
Your and my definition of "fits" are completely different! :oops: I admire your courage--I certainly couldn't do that to a new Bronco.:)

Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I was trying to figure out what was going on with that too. I think he might have the roof panels on without the back cab.
Good catch, that must be it

Ewebster

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really awsome to see this! Great photos as well. Thanks for sharing!

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"fits" lol... nice pics

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love that you went out and got some scratches on the paint. No pavement princess there.

I don't have too many chances to scrape rocks here, but I am looking forward to the first, and hopefully only, pinstripe from the woods...
Sponsored