Sponsored

2023 Wildtrak and Fully Loaded Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon very close on Price --------------

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given the OP's join date is back in 2020, I assume waiting for a Bronco for quite some time. I did this exact same exercise many times over. If you are looking at a 4xE Wrangler, with the sky one touch, you are a smart person since it checks several boxes the Bronco can not. Here's the thing. If you always "wanted" a Jeep you've had plenty of opportunity to get one. You didn't because you knew deep down it was not what you wanted. I've rented many Jeeps on vacation and even driven a few friends. The only rational sense on the 4xE is fuel prices being starkly different for me and my 7-8 mile daily round trip commute. It would be 100% Electric and save me a bundle. A 4xE Gladiator would have converted me from the Bronco which Jeep skipped on this generation. A Recon EV could convert me from the Bronco if it checks a few boxes from the concept.

For anyone still on the conceptual stage of hard top development for their Bronco. Copy the Sky Active one touch. It's perfect in almost every way combining the best of both hard top and soft top features and breaking down to a much more manageable shipping size.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only rational sense on the 4xE is fuel prices being starkly different for me and my 7-8 mile daily round trip commute. It would be 100% Electric and save me a bundle.
That's 100 gallons of gas. A Year. That's not a bundle, that's a rounding error.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was frustrated with my much prolonged process with my ordering, building, and delivery of my Bronco to the point I actually started looking at alternative vehicles. Glad I have price protection! I have a pretty darned loaded Badlands order......due to be delivered in the next week or two........but when I priced a Rubicon with what I felt was relatively equivalent trim and feature levels on the Rubicon their MSRP was seriously like $20K more than my Bronco. I have heard that from others, so the title of the OPs post here is a bit of a surprise and I am a skeptic.

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was frustrated with my much prolonged process with my ordering, building, and delivery of my Bronco to the point I actually started looking at alternative vehicles. Glad I have price protection! I have a pretty darned loaded Badlands order......due to be delivered in the next week or two........but when I priced a Rubicon with what I felt was relatively equivalent trim and feature levels on the Rubicon their MSRP was seriously like $20K more than my Bronco. I have heard that from others, so the title of the OPs post here is a bit of a surprise and I am a skeptic.

You will find Jeep dealers out there that will sell 6%-8% under invoice on orders. Plus the 4xe has the $7500 tax credit. That's how those numbers come about. I have the price in writing from the jeep dealer.

I to have been waiting a long time on my loaded wildtrak. I'm a bit pissed as ford as well. As I like bright colors that pop. I was going to get Cyber Orange and not that color is gone.

So I'm going race red. But hey it will match my GT500 :)

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been looking at both and was shocked and the prices working out to being very close.

I have my order in for the 2023 Wildtrak with Lux Package and other stuff. MSRP $62,170 Then XPlan pricing $60,004. Then Price protect rebate $3,425.
Bringing me to $56,579

The Jeep 4xe Rubicon FULLY Loaded MSRP $72,595 dealer discount on Order $66,550 -$7500 tax credit brings us to $59,050

I was just really shocked at how clsoe they are on price. The Jeep does have a lot more add on's like full leather and so on.
Have you driven both? Plug in hybrids are really interesting to me, the 4Xe is probably one of the best examples that would fit my lifestyle, so I think it is very cool. From a driving, ride, handling and comfort perspective, the Jeep just gives up to much. After selling my LJ out of exhaustion of the driving experience, I tried to move to a JK, but it still had the same bad driving position, same awkward pill box view, same vague steering, just a variation of slightly better. In all but the most extreme cases, the Bronco will keep up off road, but a 4 hour road trip to the trail? Not even close. I have a bunch of hopes for future Broncos. A Hoss 3.0 Badlands plug in hybrid would check all the boxes 😃 also, interesting Jeep has to discount $6k? I am sure discounts will come on the Bronco once supply and demand equalize, but I see Jeeps stacked up at dealers all over the metro Detroit area, particularly Gladiators.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you driven both? Plug in hybrids are really interesting to me, the 4Xe is probably one of the best examples that would fit my lifestyle, so I think it is very cool. From a driving, ride, handling and comfort perspective, the Jeep just gives up to much. After selling my LJ out of exhaustion of the driving experience, I tried to move to a JK, but it still had the same bad driving position, same awkward pill box view, same vague steering, just a variation of slightly better. In all but the most extreme cases, the Bronco will keep up off road, but a 4 hour road trip to the trail? Not even close. I have a bunch of hopes for future Broncos. A Hoss 3.0 Badlands plug in hybrid would check all the boxes 😃 also, interesting Jeep has to discount $6k? I am sure discounts will come on the Bronco once supply and demand equalize, but I see Jeeps stacked up at dealers all over the metro Detroit area, particularly Gladiators.
California rebate, on state income tax.

Haven't been on a Wrangler 4xe forum in a while and seen if the dead on the side of the road has been fixed. They had quite a few people with issues in the beginning. I would be all in on a 4xe if I didn't keep vehicle over 100k and 10 years.
Sponsored