First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang CS/GT
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think this could be done as long as the original reservation owner has a dealer friend willing to help or is a dealer themselves. My dealer buddy said that any reservation/order placed can not be forced on the buyer. This means if the vehicle comes in and the original person doesn't buy it, the dealer can sell it to anyone. The vehicle becomes his inventory.
Sponsored

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am glad I am not the only one offended by this listing. This person is what my son and I refer to as a CPOT! Cheatn Piece Of Trash!

I would not want to be caught in a Titanic type situation with this person.
Not only would they get on the lifeboat and leave the women and children behind but they would probably slit their throats to secure it.

Wrongco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Mustang Mach-e GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it's probably a dealer that posted that

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I dont see any difference between doing this and just putting it up for sale as soon as you get it.

If you waited in line and got a reservation, its yours to do with as you please. Anyone on this forum that says theyd turn down 15K for their reservation is either full of crap or dont need the extra coin.

Someone offers me 15K for my reservation, they can have it.

maricard

Badlands
First Name
Marc-Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unfortunately I'm from Canada and he doesn't ship here... Too bad :p

Sponsored

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

He is selling it as a gift certificate, which it is not.

Report Category: Listing practices/Search and browse manipulation/Listing in an incorrect category.

"Not a gift certificate."

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dont see any difference between doing this and just putting it up for sale as soon as you get it.
He's gambling. He might not have the ability to purchase it outright or finance it, but he sure had $100 available on his credit card to reserve it.

Chamberlin

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X4 M40i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

If you waited in line and got a reservation, its yours to do with as you please. Anyone on this forum that says theyd turn down 15K for their reservation is either full of crap or dont need the extra coin.

Someone offers me 15K for my reservation, they can have it.
I'm betting this eBay seller has no intention of putting forth a single penny of his own money on this deal... In other words, he's not going to actually buy it/finance it, and then turn around and sell it to the person who won the $15K-$25K auction. BTW, I don't see any problem with selling a vehicle the day after you bought it; if you wanted to make the quick buck on your Bronco, that's the right way to do it.

However, I highly doubt this eBay seller is going to put any of his own skin in the game, and is going to try and somehow 'facilitate' a purchase through his dealer using somebody else's money/credit and then later on sign the vehicle over to the actual financier/purchaser. That's going to require a shite-load of trust and puts the buyer in a really risky position.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think this could be done as long as the original reservation owner has a dealer friend willing to help or is a dealer themselves. My dealer buddy said that any reservation/order placed can not be forced on the buyer. This means if the vehicle comes in and the original person doesn't buy it, the dealer can sell it to anyone. The vehicle becomes his inventory.
This! His dealer is probably very happy to let somebody else come in and buy his FE just to get the profit on it rather than him simply cancelling the reservation and the dealer missing out on the sale. He might even be kicking back some of that to the dealer.

I'm considering doing the same thing on my FE reservation except I'm giving it to a friend rather than selling it. I'm just trying to figure out which dealer I'm going to use to do this, and hopefully they can give me a deal on my base reservation in return for me letting them sell a $65k FE to somebody. I would imagine if you have an extra FE reservation there would be plenty of dealers willing to give you a deal on your other reservation if you let them take the FE into inventory and sell it for $10k over MSRP.

It's capitalism so don't hate the player.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People will pay extra to be able to drive a limited edition First Edition Bronco. They will think they are special for a while, until Ford repackages the FE in 2021/22 and calls it something else.

Just like the Wrangler 10th edition

Reactions: N3T

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't expect a relationship with a dealer. Just your typical a-hole on ebay trying to make a quick buck. Take a look around Christmas time and note whatever the hot item is this year, will be for sale for 3 times the price. Look back to beginning of covid when everyone sent home. People were buying up limited stock of game consoles and selling for 2-3 times the price. There's always going to be a-holes making a quick buck. And sadly as time gets closer to December (perceived ordering time), I expect quite a few ebay ads to pop up for registration spots. And they will sell ?
I'm still looking for a Teddy Ruskin for my daughter, she turned 34 so I guess I missed the boat LOL
Sponsored