Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bk1287

Black Diamond
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the chances of that happening is slim to none. I doubt dealers will have anything other than a few demos
I'm just surprised that they can only make 165k or so. Obviously they're not standard given the amount of possible configurations; just doesn't seem like a lot.
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm just surprised that they can only make 165k or so. Obviously they're not standard given the amount of possible configurations; just doesn't seem like a lot.
Depending on how many reservations are made in to orders, Iā€™m guessing they might give some dealer stock if not enough people go through with ordering. Thereā€™s a lot of time between now and then for Ford to change a few times.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not only Ford. How many parts vendors are there involved with this product? Will all of them be ready to go?
This is what Iā€™ve been worrying about as well. I bet Ford can handle the demand during these times. However, 3rd party manufactures like Blistein and Dana, who knows.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Some people could (and did) make two pre-orders on their account. Curious if the 165K includes the folks (like myself) that put in two pre-orders. I only did this because at the time, it was not clear if you could change the trim... and I assume others did the same thing.
They most likely count each account as one even if there are two reservations. Few will actually buy two. Ford monitors this site enough to know people are making reservations they'll never follow through on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not only Ford. How many parts vendors are there involved with this product? Will all of them be ready to go?
Be careful talking like that. You don't want to be accused of being a Fearmonger. ?

I agree. A lot of people don't think about the other manufacturers involved as well. Plenty of parts are outsourced.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They will be in order of reservations, for the most part. Ford says they will do the best they can. Exact order by reservation number cannot be met due to model ordered, color, upgrades, etc.
You will be given a window of time to order in December. The dealers take that order. Later Ford gives the dealers a window to submit those orders to Ford. After that Ford will start manufacturing.
That window of time in December will be a big factor IMO. When Ford gives dealers a list of reservation holders to contact and give them say 5 days to place orders. Waiting to the end of the 5 days may put you much further to the back of the line than those that order on day one.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That window of time in December will be a big factor IMO. When Ford gives dealers a list of reservation holders to contact and give them say 5 days to place orders. Waiting to the end of the 5 days may put you much further to the back of the line than those that order on day one.
We already have the list and as of November 1 other than cancellations it will be locked...

Should be able to put them in WBDO making them ready for Ford to pick up....

We could not do all of them in 5 days working 24 hours per day...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Be careful talking like that. You don't want to be accused of being a Fearmonger. ?

I agree. A lot of people don't think about the other manufacturers involved as well. Plenty of parts are outsourced.
That's not fear, that's reality. Look back to 2018 when a Ford supplier had a big fire at their plant and shut down F-150 production. I had a Raptor on order at the time and fortunately was only set back about 2 weeks.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But no one is buying Ranger! I've seen less than 10 on the road in a year and a half. Where are they?
Last I heard, Ranger is selling about 100k. The important thing is they're built on the same line. If I recall correctly, someone in the know said about 70% Bronco and 30% Ranger, subject to change and negotiate more hours with the union.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP: Nowhere near 165k reservations will convert to orders. The barrier to entry is far too low to get a reservation. I would be surprised if they convert 30% of reservations into orders; so theyā€™ll be making a lot less Broncos than are currently reserved.

Donā€™t worry just yet, but keep in mind that itā€™s not unreasonable to expect the spring 2021 delivery date to get pushed back to starting in summer or fall 2021. Weā€™re talking about a brand new vehicle launch in the middle of a global shitstorm. Setbacks are bound to occur.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's not fear, that's reality. Look back to 2018 when a Ford supplier had a big fire at their plant and shut down F-150 production. I had a Raptor on order at the time and fortunately was only set back about 2 weeks.
Believe me I know. When I talk like this I get accused of being a fearmonger. Lol. Its just reality. Too many people these days don't like to face reality. They live in hatchi malatchi land. Lol.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We already have the list and as of November 1 other than cancellations it will be locked...

Should be able to put them in WBDO making them ready for Ford to pick up....

We could not do all of them in 5 days working 24 hours per day...

So what you are saying Albert is the orders are placed in a "file" (WBDO) and then Fords pulls that file and builds the orders ????

What determines when Ford pulls that file????? and is that a nationwide file??? I.e. all the orders from across the country go into one file???

sorry for trying to "dissect" your explanation I am just trying to get a handle on how this process works because I live in a rural community in PA and my dealer does not have the volume of orders like you and some others dealers will have. I talked to my salesman, who I have known for more than 20yrs, he tells me just to do as Fords says and all will be good.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Believe me I know. When I talk like this I get accused of being a fearmonger. Lol. Its just reality. Too many people these days don't like to face reality. They live in hatchi malatchi land. Lol.

the Chuckle Patch !!!!!!!

Ford Bronco 165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill. 1599179423895

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm actually kind of banking on a 2022 delivery. I'm not going to have my Miata paid off until roughly Dec '21/Jan '22, so I'm in no hurry. I purposefully waited three weeks before putting the reservation in.

Is there any way I can request a later time? ?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.