First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Picked up my 2021 Bronco from dealer today. Fix a bevy of issues I complained about with no questions asked. Also gave them my letter from Ford pertaining to the driveshaft. They said they checked out the driveshafts and found no issues but Ford wants them to replaced anyway. Same answer as @mpeugeot. November 18 back order.

Interesting other note. Said they found a small (very small) timing chain cover leak. Have ordered parts for replacement. Anybody else had this issue?
Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone experienced vibration before the fix and had it go away after the shaft was replaced?

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone experienced vibration before the fix and had it go away after the shaft was replaced?
Mine is at the dealership being replaced right now, I’ll let you know in a couple of days.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you end up on this list, stay on the phone with service until you get someone that can confirm the part is there (which it won't be). So you don't waste you time dropping it off the first time

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At first I blew this off, until I realize that it was over a year span and not a month span.

I wonder if the dealers do this recall before I can actually pick my Bronco up or not? It was built in August, and should be delivered in December.

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine is at the dealership being replaced right now, I’ll let you know in a couple of days.
@RustysBronco picked mine up from the dealer today. Initial impression after drive home is that my issue is resolved. I was only behind the wheel about 20 minutes, but so far I’m pleased.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At first I blew this off, until I realize that it was over a year span and not a month span.

I wonder if the dealers do this recall before I can actually pick my Bronco up or not? It was built in August, and should be delivered in December.
If you haven't pick it up yet, you're definitely outside the window if this is correct

UPDATE: This affects all Broncos with build dates from 9/23/2020 through 9/17/2021.
Last year's builds

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you haven't pick it up yet, you're definitely outside the window if this is correct

Last year's builds
Geeze...i Guess I can't get the date rights.. thanks for sending me straight.

John94

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Black Diamond Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My replacement got pushed to Dec 7th because of course - anyhow, ill
Update everyone when I get it back. I’m praying this fixed my vibrations.. but given my luck, it might not

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No vibration yet, but my boot is separated like a married couple headed for divorce. Waiting on parts.

Dan303

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just contacted Koons Ford a dealer near me and they seem to think 22B27 cannot be fixed unless the driver is experiencing a problem. Is this true or can they fix it in advance of any issues?

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just contacted Koons Ford a dealer near me and they seem to think 22B27 cannot be fixed unless the driver is experiencing a problem. Is this true or can they fix it in advance of any issues?
There is nothing conditional about it. Ford is just stating why the preventive replacement is needed. As stated - if you do not have it replaced you will be responsible for damage.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It will fail, mine did in under 1 year and less than 50k miles.

Quarantini

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My recall went from "It's a 1 hour job" to "they could need it 2-3 days" to when I finally dropped it off "it'll be 3-5 days"

.. THEN WHY THE @#$%%^ DID YOU MAKE THE APPOINTMENT FOR A WEEK BEFORE YOU CAN ACTUALLY DO THE WORK!?!?!

I'm so fed up with this service department.
I got the same story today from Phil Long Ford of Denver today. Such a joke. Made an appointment and the day before, tell me they may need to keep my vehicle for 5 business days before they even look at it. They go on to tell me that they do not have loaners until February.
Ford Bronco INCOMING: Driveshaft Recall (Customer Satisfaction Program 22B27) - replacement needed to avoid cracked boot 1669922712757
Sponsored