Sponsored

What (if anything) do we know about the "Dual Tops" option?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all I know is that the survey price is way out of line, maybe it's the fancy painted hard top? Not something I'd want, I'd prefer the MIC hard top and the soft top. But we don't even know how the soft top works for now.
Also, if you order with just the soft top, will the wiring and plumbing for an eventual HT be there or not (like with Jeep).
If it's not there, I'll most likely do the upgrade to the MIC hard top and either get a softy from Ford or aftermarket later on.
If wiring and plumbing is there I'll just go with the soft top and see how I like that.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it's not there, I'll most likely do the upgrade to the MIC hard top and either get a softy from Ford or aftermarket later on.
If wiring and plumbing is there I'll just go with the soft top and see how I like that.
I'm thinking this is what I'll do. If we don't get confirmation beforehand, I'll most likely go with the MIC hard top just to be safe.

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I heard both tops will be always on - the hard-top folds into the cargo area with an electro-mechanical system and the soft top pops up from underneath when needed. My source is right 60% of the time, every time.
"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works EVERY time."
"That doesn't make sense."

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
all I know is that the survey price is way out of line, maybe it's the fancy painted hard top? Not something I'd want, I'd prefer the MIC hard top and the soft top. But we don't even know how the soft top works for now.
Also, if you order with just the soft top, will the wiring and plumbing for an eventual HT be there or not (like with Jeep).
This is probably why Ford is offering many options because Iā€™m the opposite of you, I think the plastic grey HT looks cheap and rather have the painted HT..

to each their own I guess..

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Itā€™s two completely separate tops. Just like Jeep sells.

You can have a soft top for summer, and a hard top for winter. You cannot install both simultaneously.
I was always under the impression you could have both at the same time.
Themoreyouknow.jpg

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you being serious here? Holy cow, I better just sign off for a while.
Not everyone who is interested in a Bronco knows everything or possibly anything about Jeeps and what they come with. May seem like a silly question to those of us who know. But I've seen this same question asked before.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did find this on Fordā€™s website. Looks like you have to buy the dual top option in order to get a painted matched hard top, but it also doesnt say that one could get a white top if their body color is cactus grey for example.

5B3CD8D8-06E1-423A-A275-2DA4DD0B8AD8.png

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜12 Lexus GX, ā€˜75 Bronco Sport ā€œBuddyā€
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This other thread discussed that as a possibility for what was under the goofy looking covered up roof on one of the test mules. Whatever it is, hopefully the non-concealed version is a *lot* thinner.
That thread is completely wrong. I saw the test mules. There is nothing under the funky top. It was done that way to hide body lines and proportions.

Sponsored

CJ428

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought that referred to the soft front section and the hard back section at the same time

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought that referred to the soft front section and the hard back section at the same time
That's a Bronco variant of Bestop's sunrider. It replaces the front HT panels with the flip-back fabric top. People are asking if the complete soft top and HT can be installed at the same time and that's a big no.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not everyone who is interested in a Bronco knows everything or possibly anything about Jeeps and what they come with. May seem like a silly question to those of us who know. But I've seen this same question asked before.
We should not be surprised of its asked again?

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did find this on Fordā€™s website. Looks like you have to buy the dual top option in order to get a painted matched hard top, but it also doesnt say that one could get a white top if their body color is cactus grey for example.

Ford Bronco What (if anything) do we know about the "Dual Tops" option? vShdIh2__400x400
Is this for Outer Banks Trim?