Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey everyone!!

I love having a good sound system in my vehicles, so I’ve been paying close attention to the offerings in the Bronco. The standard package is probably fine, but I’m looking for some crisp highs and nice sub. That’s not to say I don’t like to hear the roar of the engine or the serenity of the turbos haha! Anyone thinking of putting a custom sound system in their rig? Modifying the standard audio setup? What are your cost estimates and budget? Personally I’d love to get the B&O system in the Luxe trim but the price and additional features aren’t worth it.

Also, what’s a song you’ve been jamming to in order to distract yourself from B&P configurator release haha?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm hoping the B & O is good enough. I like good sound, but aftermarket upgrades can get pretty costly.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping the B&O is enough, but part of why I'm getting it is to have the extra speaker location enclosures. I am willing to modify the factory enclosures some for better sound and replace speakers, amps maybe, but I want it to appear factory.

OP
OP
SHLYGRR

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m hoping the B&O can be added solo, without the Lux pack.
I would also love the B&O sound system to be available solo. However, knowing these manufacturers and marketers, they make a bulk of their profit on tacking on less desireable features to “flagship” add-ons. I’d be very surprised and honestly grateful if they did what you’re suggesting. I’d be a Ford customer for life.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SHLYGRR

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping the B&O is enough, but part of why I'm getting it is to have the extra speaker location enclosures. I am willing to modify the factory enclosures some for better sound and replace speakers, amps maybe, but I want it to appear factory.
What’s your experience with customizing audio in your cars? Do you usually have a budget? Or do you just go all out and disregard cost haha?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s your experience with customizing audio in your cars? Do you usually have a budget? Or do you just go all out and disregard cost haha?
I used to blow my budget every time and spend every dime I could...when I was younger. I like to look for a reasonable point of diminishing returns now. Maybe the Bang & Olufsen will sound great...for a vehicle like the Bronco. With a removable top, you're not going to get an amazing sound like a solid car that you can really insulate and dampen.

Modern head units are also a place where you used to be able to dramatically improve your vehicle's sound quality, but it's not worth the money with higher end factory units anymore, but that's my opinion. I don't have a crowd of audiophile snobs to impress anymore. I just want to be able to crank up a song I like without hearing distortion or anything rattling.

I'll probably just replace the speaker wires, big three, and perhaps the speakers and add baffles and dampening...if it’s not decent.

BigMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 F150, 2015 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the same price as upgrading to the Lux package, $2,300, which would be exclusively for the B/O sound system (nothing else in that package is of interest to me) I plan to do my own upgrades. I was thinking $600 to replace the stock speakers another $500 for a good sub and enclosure with another $700 for a quality amp and other necessities (wiring, brackets etc).
When it's done I should have a system that sounds way better than the factory B/O system and still have $500 left over for other accessories like off road lighting or an ABR onboard compressor.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the same price as upgrading to the Lux package, $2,300, which would be exclusively for the B/O sound system (nothing else in that package is of interest to me) I plan to do my own upgrades. I was thinking $600 to replace the stock speakers another $500 for a good sub and enclosure with another $700 for a quality amp and other necessities (wiring, brackets etc).
When it's done I should have a system that sounds way better than the factory B/O system and still have $500 left over for other accessories like off road lighting or an ABR onboard compressor.
Yep, I know the B&O will not meet my needs. Planning to try and get some Focal 3-way components in the front (Currently hoping the 6.5" woofer will fit in the kick panel area, mid in the dash location, and tweeter in the A-Pillar) and a pair of Focal Coaxials or 2-way components in the rear speaker pods. Then hoping a couple of 8" subs will fit under the rear seat (4 door), if not will have to put something in the back but prefer to reserve that area for storage. Last I'm planning on 1 or 2 AudioControl amps hopefully mounted in the storage area under the rear floor near the jack equipment. Then sound dampen everything (Makes such a huge difference) and potentially upgrade the battery and possibly the alternator. Buying this car to have fun in it and really want it to sound as good as it looks.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

With all of the integrations into the center stack - it's not worth losing anything to go custom audio...35 years ago it was a given custom all the way. As for music to pass the time now - mainly Nothing More radio on Amazon or Spotify.

This was the song that hooked me a few years ago - got the chance to meet Jonny Hawkins at the Grammys and then a couple weeks later with a VIP pass at their NYC show - awesome group of guys.

Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The f-150 allows you to add a kicker sub without getting the B&O system. I’d be fine with the regular speakers and then the sub for some extra sound when the top is off.

VVolf

Outer Banks
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's EXACTLY where I'm at. I'm afraid that the lower packages with only 6 speakers means I won't have the extra locations to make how I see fit.

OP
OP
SHLYGRR

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to blow my budget every time and spend every dime I could...when I was younger. I like to look for a reasonable point of diminishing returns now. Maybe the Bang & Olufsen will sound great...for a vehicle like the Bronco. With a removable top, you're not going to get an amazing sound like a solid car that you can really insulate and dampen.

Modern head units are also a place where you used to be able to dramatically improve your vehicle's sound quality, but it's not worth the money with higher end factory units anymore, but that's my opinion. I don't have a crowd of audiophile snobs to impress anymore. I just want to be able to crank up a song I like without hearing distortion or anything rattling.

I'll probably just replace the speaker wires, big three, and perhaps the speakers and add baffles and dampening...if it’s not decent.
What's the most ridiculous car audio setup you've seen among your friends? Or just in general? I've witnessed some crazy expensive and outrageous sound systems in cars before haha.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think there are any EXTRA speaker locations. The difference between the 2 systems is I believe is the base system has cheap single cone speakers in 4 of the locations, while the B & O will have dual cone speakers in those 4 locations. That's how the number of speakers changes from 6 to 10.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think there are any EXTRA speaker locations. The difference between the 2 systems is I believe is the base system has cheap single cone speakers in 4 of the locations, while the B & O will have dual cone speakers in those 4 locations. That's how the number of speakers changes from 6 to 10.
Well, that'd be disappointing.
Sponsored