RockSolid2021

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm with you all thinking that this guy is a DB if his intent from the beginning was to just flip his reservation for profit. Like most of you, I have been waiting for this Bronco for years and count the days until I can take delivery. That being said, I also reserved a Badlands that can be built almost exactly the same way as the FE... If someone offers me 25K above what I paid for the FE I wouldn't be able to do the paperwork fast enough. There's such a huge demand for this Bronco that I think we all may be surprised by the offers that will surface for early delivery vehicles. Also, plan an extra 30-60 minutes every time you take it out for a drive the first few months you have it, because everyone is going to want to see it and ask you about it.

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So for example, if I a extremely hard working business owner decide to sell my wifes Brand New FE for $25k over sticker because she decided on another vehicle and Jay Leno a extremely rich individual and car collector wants a FE and missed out on the order, I would be a scumbag taking advantage of poor Jay, that has more money than he knows what to do with. I'm looking at it like I made rich Jays day, as $25k to him is like $100 to me. Just food for thought.
To each his own @vintage. I guess we just see it differently. It don't matter if it's Jay Leno, Bill Gates or the guy down the street. I'm not taking advantage of someone. Because I've always felt that karma is a bitch and at this point in my life, I don't need the bad joo-joo.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

To each his own @vintage. I guess we just see it differently. It don't matter if it's Jay Leno, Bill Gates or the guy down the street. I'm not taking advantage of someone. Because I've always felt that karma is a bitch and at this point in my life, I don't need the bad joo-joo.
Full believer in karma, maybe I'll just sign the title over to Jay free of charge, lol. Looks like we might agree to disagree on this one.
By the way, if my wife decides she doesn't want her FE, my buddy will probably be taking it at my cost plus a beer.

FatThunder84

Raptor
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Dodge Ram W250, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wonder if I can trade in my two FE reservations for one fully loaded Badlands for 5k under invoice :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Anyone ever a party to a car transaction where the car was bought and resold without titling it? I know if you buy out of state you don't have to pay tax until you register it. Suppose you don't register it and you re-sell it. I don't know that you have to register and pay sales tax if you are just reselling it.
Also, the guy who is selling the reservation may have a resellers license and not be subject to any duplicate taxes and the new owner could still be the first owner.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you're going to be mad at somebody, be mad at Ford. They should've done a separate process for FE reservations that required something more binding than a $100 refundable deposit. I certainly can't blame somebody for trying to make money off something they don't need, seeing as this is Murica after all!

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you're going to be mad at somebody, be mad at Ford. They should've done a separate process for FE reservations that required something more binding than a $100 refundable deposit. I certainly can't blame somebody for trying to make money off something they don't need, seeing as this is Murica after all!
This is it. Anyone can still reserve a bronco right now if they want. If someone absolutely MUST have a $65k (msrp) FE then no one is getting screwed over if they chose to buy it for a mark up on the secondary market.

Blame Ford for not offering enough FE reservation spots, blame Ford for the website issues, blame yourself for not staying up as long as it took to reserve one. But don't blame the guy who decides to sell what he was able to aquire.

BroncoZ

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Montana does not charge sales tax. Therefore it is not that crazy that after he buys the vehicle he can sell it for a profit.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Personally, I'm just going to laugh when whoever bids on this BS ends up being scammed out of thousands of dollars and ends up with nothing

Sponsored

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Still no bids? Shocking.

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All you have to do is report it to eBay since this violates Ford's TOS.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Whomever is in the top 100 of reservations is my guess. We are looking at all of you top 100 reso's... LOL
Not me. If it was I'd only shoot for $10k to $15k over MSRP, being the nice guy that I am, lol. Plus I would disclose the fact they would be second owner, as I would purchase vehicle and in turn sell it to winning bidder. Because we all know reservations can not be transferred.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone ever a party to a car transaction where the car was bought and resold without titling it? I know if you buy out of state you don't have to pay tax until you register it. Suppose you don't register it and you re-sell it. I don't know that you have to register and pay sales tax if you are just reselling it.
Also, the guy who is selling the reservation may have a resellers license and not be subject to any duplicate taxes and the new owner could still be the first owner.
I bought a new motorcycle out of state last year. I got a manufacturers certificate or origin not a title, took that to tag office to get it registered and only then was title was made up and mailed to me later. So I guess I technically could have sold it to someone else before I registered it and paid the taxes(no tax in the sale, only paid when I registered it) and just give them that certificate of origin. But only happened because it was bought out of state and not just next door. If it’s only one state over they’ll typically do the sale just like it was in your home state(bought other vehicles out of state like this). And here that means the dealer sends in the paperwork to apply for the title, you just get the title in the mail later.

So technically could be possible to buy a new vehicle few states away and resell it without paying taxes and still be untitled. Not sure if there’s any legal issue with that or not though.
Sponsored