Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey y’all!

I’m contemplating between the IAG V2 EZ steps and Full Length Steps.

I’d appreciate any pics y’all may have of your stock Broncos with the steps. I have a stock BD right now, so I’d like a better idea of how they’d look. Everything I’ve seen is just close ups of the steps.

Thanks in advance!

*Edit! I went with the full length steps. I was worried they’d cause too much of a lowering effect on my stock BD, but I don’t think it made that much of a difference. They are definitely in the way of my husband (6’3) getting in and out. I’m 5’10, and while they aren’t in my way, they are a little awkward for me to use (they set me up too high when getting in, but they help prevent me from sliding off my seat when I get out). They are perfect for my girls (11 and 5 years old). I think they only thing I wish would’ve been different, appearance wise, would be to have them run the same width the whole way through.
8EFE2FD8-E4AF-4C2B-81F0-AA72819D4398.jpeg
0B11BB20-B65F-47ED-98AE-BCA5689F9BBB.jpeg
E5D746E1-8DD7-4C6D-AB74-F18E04D468BA.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stock BD V2
Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps 1668817666313

Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps 1668817680797

Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps 1668817699612

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps 1653680399267
Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps 1661614925868

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Full-length is pretty heavy, something to consider with all the other gear you're adding to your rig. But fulllength offers more foot-space for people (a significant factor for me, as I have to have elderly get up and down from my Sasquatch lift).

Also consider: the full-length provides more protection for your lower door and body areas, more than what mudflaps alone would provide.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks everyone!

@Kimberley , I have a stock BD so that helps a ton! 😊

Full-length is pretty heavy, something to consider with all the other gear you're adding to your rig. But fulllength offers more foot-space for people (a significant factor for me, as I have to have elderly get up and down from my Sasquatch lift).

Also consider: the full-length provides more protection for your lower door and body areas, more than what mudflaps alone would provide.
I had actually told my husband that I was leaning towards the full length for those two reasons! Except, instead of elderly, I have my girls needing the space to get in and out. Lol. And I also like the idea of the protection they provide.

I do like both options, but hopefully someone will have a pic with the full length so I can compare.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This, from their website. Not the entire vehicle (and it's on the two-door), but you get the idea:

Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps 1668827991371
A
The feature that sold me is that they can come off easily for when you expect to go wheeling off-road, as they are not rockrails. I looked into several rock-rail/step combos, and found that they were either way too heavy, or the step was not dropped low enough, or something. There's no perfect solution, but the IAG seem to be the best compromise meeting my needs and solving problems.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This, from their website. Not the entire vehicle (and it's on the two-door), but you get the idea:

Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps 1668827991371
A
The feature that sold me is that they can come off easily for when you expect to go wheeling off-road, as they are not rockrails. I looked into several rock-rail/step combos, and found that they were either way too heavy, or the step was not dropped low enough, or something. There's no perfect solution, but the IAG seem to be the best compromise meeting my needs and solving problems.
Yes, I saw that one. Thanks. I’m hoping to see how low they look, relative to the ground. A lot of times, side steps make your vehicle look lower. All I’ll probably be doing is a level and maybe slightly taller tires. Nothing too much that’ll really make that big of a difference.

IAG do seem to be the best option, although I also found ZRoadz that seem comparable. And they did a better job at providing a picture I’d like to see! 😆 I’m not 100% certain they are a direct install to the stock rock rails, but that seems to be the case based on what I’ve read.
B242314D-8FAE-49C4-895D-B30CB3E80641.jpeg

Aloha Sunrise

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road,1971 VW shorty bus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have the full length version. Makes it easy for my wife and protects from door dings and rocks in the tires.
Ford Bronco IAG V2 Steps 6489D144-4766-4C9C-9FE6-04CA1F34FBEB

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IAG do seem to be the best option, although I also found ZRoadz that seem comparable. And they did a better job at providing a picture I’d like to see! 😆 I’m not 100% certain they are a direct install to the stock rock rails, but that seems to be the case based on what I’ve read.
I'm not aware of any Zroadz steps that bolt to the existing sliders, certainly not in the manner that the IAG do. AFAIK Zroadz steps *replace* the sliders (just as others do). The IAG's are designed to be quick-on/quick-off while leaving the existing sliders intact whereas the Zroadz are a one-time replacement that then provides the steps permanently. I'm not weighing in pro/con on either one, just clarifying how I believe they are attached.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not aware of any Zroadz steps that bolt to the existing sliders, certainly not in the manner that the IAG do. AFAIK Zroadz steps *replace* the sliders (just as others do). The IAG's are designed to be quick-on/quick-off while leaving the existing sliders intact whereas the Zroadz are a one-time replacement that then provides the steps permanently. I'm not weighing in pro/con on either one, just clarifying how I believe they are attached.
You’re right! Glad you said that. I finally found some install directions that said “remove the factory rock rails.” It was misleading, because it said that if you didn’t have the factory rock rails that you’d need special brackets. I just assumed that meant you’d be mounting directly to them.

So IAG, it is! 😆 Thanks 🙂 Just need to decide whether or not to go full length.

OP
OP
70&22bronco

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Aloha Sunrise Thank you!

@NaMinesClarence Thanks! Seeing the two different types on the same Bronco helps so much! My Bronco is a non-Sas, so it’d probably look better with the singles. I think the Sas Broncos can pull off the full length much better.

TheJess

Badlands
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Full length IAG steps on my Bronco non-Sas Badlands. Just installed them today, it took less than an hour.

B3.jpg

B1.jpg
Sponsored